Nexus 4 release time

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Do reckon any shops will sell it unlocked, like they do with the 7?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Android Central Forums

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Do reckon any shops will sell it unlocked, like they do with the 7?

There's no indication that they will. In places served directly by Google with the Play Store, you're better off buying it directly in about 98% of cases. The unlocked prices at different retailers right now around the world are in the $549-$599 range because they're buying supply directly from LG.

leroy_sunset

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I called my local TMobile store, and they said they would sell unlocked N4s unsubsidized. No word on availability or price, but I would assume they would match the Play Store price.

PapiManCT

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I EMAILED GOOGLE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO ASKING THE SAME QUESTION AND THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID TO ME TODAY, I ASKED AT WHAT TIME THEY WILL RELEASE THE PHONE ON 11/13, THIS IS THERE ANSWER.:cool:

Hi Rick,
The product will be released at the same time on both coast on 11/13/2012. Please feel free to reply to this email with any further questions or concerns.
Best Regards,
Orenthal J.
The Google Play Team

Jyscal

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why companies don't just come out and say what time they are flipping the switch. It doesn't hurt them and would save them money by not tying up their customer service reps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I EMAILED GOOGLE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO ASKING THE SAME QUESTION AND THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID TO ME TODAY, I ASKED AT WHAT TIME THEY WILL RELEASE THE PHONE ON 11/13, THIS IS THERE ANSWER.:cool:

Hi Rick,
The product will be released at the same time on both coast on 11/13/2012. Please feel free to reply to this email with any further questions or concerns.
Best Regards,
Orenthal J.
The Google Play Team

Orenthal J.... WHAT??? SIMPSON?

Duke Fawcett

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought O.J was in jail. (

Google cracks me up with their cryptic responses. He tried to make it sound like network New Year's Eve coverage on tape delay. The question remains whether they release it at 1201 their time or not.

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I would see if its release on the otherside of the globe first as they are a day ahead.

I agree that it should go live in each region at 12:01, if only from a logistics point of view that each localised hub has the same working hours and amount of time to actually start shipping on the 13th. However, on all the Play Store pages it specifically omits a time, the reason for which I can only presume is to allow them to launch simultaneously at 12:01 PST.

From a web point of view it makes sense, but considering logistics it doesn't at all, not to mention that if this is the case customers in Australia for example have zero chance of receiving their phone on the 14th. For the UK it's not too bad as it would be 8am, and still time to get some shipments out on the same day of ordering.

The reply from the Google representative does provide a little glimmer of hope though, at least he only says both coasts and not "released at the same time internationally":

Hi Rick,
Best Regards,
Orenthal J.
The Google Play Team

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank-God google fixed it, for awhile on Aus play it was saying coming soon with no 13 for Australia, I was going to murder them if they were to post pone our release. I am really hoping a few stores stock it, like JB HI FI stocked the nexus 7 at $18 more then Google Play but their shipping costs about the same so it works out even + I have a gift card which is handy. I guess we will see how it is. I would feel a bit odd picking it out a store if they had it lets say on the 13th a day before my last exam, so if it goes to stores here ill wait till after the 14th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude