OMG I think a Motorola nexus is in the works

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
LG aint even out of the gate yet and Punit Soni, the Motorola guy is already hinting that a Motorola Nexus might be in the works.
Head over to his google+ page here
Make sure to read all the comments though. If that is not hinting, I dunno what is

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LG aint even out of the gate yet and Punit Soni, the Motorola guy is already hinting that a Motorola Nexus might be in the works.
Head over to his google+ page here
Make sure to read all the comments though. If that is not hinting, I dunno what is

Maybe....Not rly sold that as definitive. But I would love to see it happen.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
He is the head huncho at Motorola, I dont think he would hint, even so slightly about it if they had not already started laying plans

Clearly I'm missing the "hint" care to be specific about it? Looks to me like he just says he is working on a new Motorola, I don't see anything that could state it might be a Nexus.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Clearly I'm missing the "hint" care to be specific about it? Looks to me like he just says he is working on a new Motorola, I don't see anything that could state it might be a Nexus.

in the comments. Scroll down to this
Caleb Rogers3:41 AM
I simply would love to see a Moto Nexus... then my life could be complete. :-* 
Punit Soni4:04 AM
+1
Thats funny +Caleb Rogers. your hyperbole of life being complete that is :)

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
in the comments. Scroll down to this

Ah ok saw that. I think your second point is right......You don't know what a hint is. :p

But maybe, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find out they are working on the next Nexus. But he says the pictures are of Sunnyvale and isn't Google HQ somewhere else? Idk, maybe I'm wrong on that but shrug, just seems like a diff phone.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
yea if anything all I'm getting from that is a moto nexus wouldn't be out of the question. But that was already kinda obvious. I mean they've used 3 different oems and they own moto so there's really not anyone out of the question is there?

Not that any of this is really that important right now. To me. I'm still bugging out wanting my nexus 4 and this guys all about the nexus 5. haha

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Google doesn't care about the phone division. All they wanted was the patents to fight apple

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
And isn't this for the Nexus 4 forum? Not rumored devices or Nexus 5, 6 or whatever? Motorola, IMO is the worst android device company. Samsung, LG and HTC make much better items. IMO

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Not true moosc. They care, believe me. They just didn't want the open handset alliance to think they were playing favorites by immediately going to moto for the nexus, but let's face it, there will be one, one day. Google is a business, patents were only part of the decision to buy moto

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
A Moto nexus...maaan, wouldn't that be something. Moto has:
1. Very good build quality
2. Extra humongous batteries in their phones
3. RAZR!!! "nuff said
However, they fail in:
1. ty cameras
2. Misplaced sense of direction
3. Much like hTC one year ago, a different flagship model on each carrier
4. Getting a ss raped too much by verizon

But I think moto should have done this nexus, in all honesty. Probably would have kept the thing under wraps better than LG

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
A Moto nexus...maaan, wouldn't that be something. Moto has:
1. Very good build quality
2. Extra humongous batteries in their phones
3. RAZR!!! "nuff said
However, they fail in:
1. ty cameras
2. Misplaced sense of direction
3. Much like hTC one year ago, a different flagship model on each carrier
4. Getting a ss raped too much by verizon

But I think moto should have done this nexus, in all honesty. Probably would have kept the thing under wraps better than LG

1. I hope Google can source better cameras for Motorola. Haven't they been using the same crappy 8.0 MP shooter for years now? Apple and Samsung need to stop hogging the Sony ones.

2. Not sure on the misplaced sense of direction. I understand the need the need for Motorola to customize Android to give it a Motorola look and feel. The ATRIX HD, PHOTON Q, DROID RAZR M, DROID RAZR/RAZR MAXX HD, and ELECTRIFY M all show that Motorola is listening while still making their own customizations.

3.& 4. I would love if the RAZR brand wasn't exclusive to Verizon in the US. Motorola doesn't have that kind of clout or the RAZR-exclusivity was too much to pass up. I would love to see the RAZR M or i be the midrange, RAZR HD/MAXX HD at the high-end, and PHOTON Q become the RAZR Q for their physical keyboard line and have all three of those models available on as many carriers as possible. But the Verizon deal nixes that.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't care if its nexus brand. Just give me a asop razr HD maxx like my xoom and original droid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Well we own Motorola, but I haven't seen anything pointing to a moto nexus yet.

Google owns Motorola Mobility, not Motorola. That's a huge difference. I own Google stock, so I can say "we own," ok? Not saying you don't, but owning an Android doing make you a shareholder. End rant. I'm sure we'll see a Nexus device from Moto eventually, as with any other major manufactuer.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Google owns Motorola Mobility, not Motorola. That's a huge difference. I own Google stock, so I can say "we own," ok? Not saying you don't, but owning an Android doing make you a shareholder. End rant. I'm sure we'll see a Nexus device from Moto eventually, as with any other major manufactuer.

And we're all very proud of you...