Nexus 4 Pricing issue/ Survey

Does Google Owe customers who bought a GNex within 90 days a credit toward the Nexus 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Relikk356

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
When the Galaxy Nexus price dropped to $349 back in June I jumped on the chance to own a pure Google device. I love my Nexus. It?s been a great phone for me. Yes, I knew the Nexus 4 was on its way out but I thought it would be $700. In October my wife?s starting having problems with her phone so I went and got her a Galaxy Nexus as well. Again, I knew the 4 was on its way soon, but with those specs it had to be a premium price. Now that I've learned the cost on the latest, and arguably the best tech phone to date is the same price I paid less then 20 days ago I feel a little cheated. I contacted Google who basically said I feel your pain but it?s been past 15 days, so we can?t help you. With the current competition in the market I think it?s a poor choice for Google not to have some sort of exchange/ trade in program for adopters of the Galaxy Nexus within the last 90 days. I have Google TV, the G1, the G2, two Gnexus and a Vibrant. I have bought lots of movies, and apps off the play store. My plan was to buy several Nexus 7?s as Christmas presents and get a 10 for my self. With customer service like this it makes think twice about those purchases.

Anyway, what do you think? Please fill out this survey and let me know how you feel. Maybe I?m just crazy, or maybe I?m expecting to much from Google. I think there is far to much competition out their for Google just to ignore this possible issue. They will have lots of upset customers and need to address this.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When the Galaxy Nexus price dropped to $349 back in June I jumped on the chance to own a pure Google device. I love my Nexus. It?s been a great phone for me. Yes, I knew the Nexus 4 was on its way out but I thought it would be $700. In October my wife?s starting having problems with her phone so I went and got her a Galaxy Nexus as well. Again, I knew the 4 was on its way soon, but with those specs it had to be a premium price. Now that I've learned the cost on the latest, and arguably the best tech phone to date is the same price I paid less then 20 days ago I feel a little cheated. I contacted Google who basically said I feel your pain but it?s been past 15 days, so we can?t help you. With the current competition in the market I think it?s a poor choice for Google not to have some sort of exchange/ trade in program for adopters of the Galaxy Nexus within the last 90 days. I have Google TV, the G1, the G2, two Gnexus and a Vibrant. I have bought lots of movies, and apps off the play store. My plan was to buy several Nexus 7?s as Christmas presents and get a 10 for my self. With customer service like this it makes think twice about those purchases.

Anyway, what do you think? Please fill out this survey and let me know how you feel. Maybe I?m just crazy, or maybe I?m expecting to much from Google. I think there is far to much competition out their for Google just to ignore this possible issue. They will have lots of upset customers and need to address this.

Yup, I'd say you're crazy. It happens all the time and nobody does anything about it. You think those trade in programs are there for the consumer to get a great new device? No, they are there so they can give them pennies for something they paid a ton for and then resell it while at the same time locking the suckers back into a 2 year contract and still paying some money for a new phone.

Google doesn't owe you anything except a good phone....Which they sent you. You now have a good phone that is in full working order that you paid for. No sense in dwelling on the fact that there is a newer one out. If you truly want the next version then pop that thing up on craigslist and sell it to someone who has never heard of the N4. Believe me, the worl unlocked brings in customers. Will you get $380? Probably not but you will get more then what you would if Google was buying it back from you.

Technology moves fast........

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
With customer service like this it makes think twice about those purchases.

I don't see what's wrong with the customer service, there are MUCH worse companies. You even said you knew a new Nexus would come, and the argument that it'll sell for the same price is rather silly. If you can't wait two weeks to verify if the new phone really is as expensive as you thought then that's clearly not Google's fault.

I mean, what do people say that purchased an iPhone 4s for $650 and a day after the iPhone 5 releases? Not to mention that their prices are pretty much steady throughout the year, whereas Google/Samsung at least reduced the price of the Galaxy Nexus.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
They should have a trade as it is recent, however it is business for them. I think you might be able to sell them for a decent price anyway as they are fairly new to an unsuspecting customer ;)
If you have children you can off load it to them, thats if their old enough.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Your saying the customer service is bad because the wouldn't give you money for your gnex which you bought in full knowledge that nexus 4 was releasing in 20 days? YUP you crazy. Like i realize that sucks and i feel for you because i love new shiny gadgets as much as the next guy but you coulda easily waited to see what pricing would be like. I think calling the customer service bad is a bit unfair. I'm with everyone else make a really entertaining ad one craigslist and hopefully you wont lose much.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not voting because your wording is pretty biased, but in general you knew the return policy, you knew you were buying an older model, and you know there's a strong secondary market out there for the phone you have. Sorry, no sympathy here.

Relikk356

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow, maybe i'm expecting to much! In my question I said 90 days, what about 20 days? Maybe "bad customer service" was a poor choice of words, but every 'new' phone Google has released has been in the $600 plus range. Every top of line phone in the last few years form anyone really has also been in that price range. Google just 'halfed' the price of their "Old Phone" in June that most people were saying was a clearance price to clear their inventory. Now their new phone is the same price as their old. You don't think they are going to have a lot of upset customers who just paid the 'clearance price' for the Galaxy Nexus? Its not bias, its what happened to me. Google's response to me was "As a consumer I understand, but it not our policy. Its been past 15 days." So they can understand as a consumer but not as a Google employee? Anyway, I'll drop it. My Gnex is awesome and does what I need it to do. Thanks for your feedback and responses. I appreciate that no one got lippy! Says a lot about this forum!