So, it's November 13th and you log in to purchase a N4, but....

N3RDKING

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah theres really no reason not too............BUT I want you guys to go ahead and get the 8gb so there are more 16gb available for me.

masqueofhastur

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any logic in this post

Why wouldn't anyone wanna spend only as extra $50 for DOUBLE the space? That's a dinner for 2 or a stop or two to the gas station for most.

'Cause I'd be spending $50 extra and still have to spend time managing my files, 16GB doesn't spare me from the hassle I'd get with 8GB, so it doesn't benefit me. Whatever you want to say $50 is, that's $50 I could be spending on something rather than nothing.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
'Cause I'd be spending $50 extra and still have to spend time managing my files, 16GB doesn't spare me from the hassle I'd get with 8GB, so it doesn't benefit me. Whatever you want to say $50 is, that's $50 I could be spending on something rather than nothing.

I'm all for saving money as well, I just don't see how 8 (which is prob under 6gb) can compare to just getting extra storage. How are you planning on managing just with 8?

I'd save the money too if you can explain your method

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I just wish the smartphone makers would actually make the capacity we pay for available for storage.

16 gb would be great if it had 16 gb available instead of 12

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I just wish the smartphone makers would actually make the capacity we pay for available for storage.

16 gb would be great if it had 16 gb available instead of 12

Well the chips come in 8, 16, 32GB... the OS is ~1.5GB. Would it make you feel better if they just advertised it as a 14GB model? lol.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Better than saying 16 but when you get the phone 25% isn't available

Think its pretty understood at this point that you won't get the full 16GB (or whatever) that the device physically has. Not to mention that every single device will have different amounts available, as the stock software/firmware footprint isn't the same on every device.

Don't think "Nexus 4 13.33GB" has the same zing to it as "Nexus 4 16GB"...

qreepii

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
My solution is the nexus 7 is the media device and the nexus 4 will be the utility device. So books, music, etc on my 7 (16gb) and audiobooks, manuals, social, internet radio on the 4 (16gb).

I take a backpack to work everyday with documents, notes etc. Hauling the n7 hasnt been a pain since its been my phone for the last 2 months. And the n4 will fit quite well in that arrangement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Think its pretty understood at this point that you won't get the full 16GB (or whatever) that the device physically has. Not to mention that every single device will have different amounts available, as the stock software/firmware footprint isn't the same on every device.

Don't think "Nexus 4 13.33GB" has the same zing to it as "Nexus 4 16GB"...

Yeah i know, it's always like that with storage.

I still find it annoying.

Add some extra storage to make the AVAILABLE storage the stated capacity.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the Nexus 4 8GB...don't really use much internal storage currently with my GS3 so not worried about it. Cloud storage for all my photos or videos.

masqueofhastur

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm all for saving money as well, I just don't see how 8 (which is prob under 6gb) can compare to just getting extra storage. How are you planning on managing just with 8?

I'd save the money too if you can explain your method

Same way I manage with 8GB on my Lumia 710 or 8GB on my N95 or 8GB on my iPod touch or 2GB on my Curve 9300. I just have a small selection of music that I really like, handle the rest with Slacker, delete apps when I'm not using them anymore, clear out PDFs when I'm finished reading them, and so on.

I haven't made any use of the cloud yet (although I have 25GB on 2 different SkyDrive accounts), so it's not even depending on that.

If I had 16GB I'd still need to keep my music selection managed, would still need to delete PDFs and apps when I'm done, and would still make use of streaming media, just I wouldn't have to do it quite as often.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Gutted. Not sure if i can get it on the 13th, Google apparently hasn't announced its date for Australia its just fill in your email to be notified. I really want to murder someone right now. (metaphorically speaking)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech