nexus 4 on Virgin Mobile

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I presume you mean US Virgin, If Aus Virgin I feel sorry for you. However if is GSM i believe it would work, according to google Virgin Mobile USA doesnt have gsm. Australian customers yes you can. US - No

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No, because Virgin Mobile runs on Sprint's network and Sprint is CDMA and thus incompatible with the GSM-only Nexus 4. Your carrier choices are AT&T, T-Mobile or any MVNO that rides on their airwaves. Verizon, Sprint, Boost, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, etc. users need not apply at this time.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
No, because Virgin Mobile runs on Sprint's network and Sprint is CDMA and thus incompatible with the GSM-only Nexus 4. Your carrier choices are AT&T, T-Mobile or any MVNO that rides on their airwaves. Verizon, Sprint, Boost, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, etc. users need not apply at this time.

Thanks for the DETAILED response. I didn't realize that Virgin Mobile utilized sprints network

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Virgin mobile would be a waste to have this phone on... 35 dollars for 350 minutes and unlimited text and data...but the data is the left-overs of Sprints 3G which is unbearably slow (At least here in Southern California) it's so bad that I can't even check facebook without devoting a significant amount of time and battery waiting for it to load. Tmobiles 30$ plan is so much better.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Bilago, I had Virgin Mobile before switching to T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile is NOT that bad. At least in my area. My current T-Mobile service is not impressive next to my previous Virgin Mobile service. They're about the same, only one cost me half as much.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Bilago, I had Virgin Mobile before switching to T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile is NOT that bad. At least in my area. My current T-Mobile service is not impressive next to my previous Virgin Mobile service. They're about the same, only one cost me half as much.

Well you are the lucky one then. I have 5 bars 3g, but I can hardly do anything that requires bandwidth.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Well my Virgin mobile plan ends today. I have made the decision to save the 35 dollars and be phone-less until I receive the N4. If only my Optimus V had enough storage to have google maps cached so I can still use the GPS in the meantime. :p