List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Meh, not blown away. What gives? T-Mobile Portland Oregon...

Screenshot_2012-11-28-15-11-55.png

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This is what I get on my Verizon LTE though.

http://i.imgur.com/gV8QE.png

I'm gonna miss it somewhat lol.

I just can't give up unlimited lte on Verizon. My speeds aren't quite that fast. But I regularly hit 20-30 mbps. Add on that, I don't even think that tmobile has 42+ in St. Louis yet (or if they even have the spectrum available to implement it) . I haven't seen any speed tests in St. Louis, but some of the test done a few months ago by a website listed tmobile near the bottom in my area, St. Louis. Verizon and Att were on top.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Romy Lesoveck

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I see in this list Hartford Ct and New Haven Ct are listed. I'm in these areas all the time and never get the hspa+ band. I have a iphone 5 and only get E. not sure why T-Mobile lists them but again I never get the 3g on my phone. I called tech support to ask if I had the wrong settings and they are absolutely no help what so ever. Not sure if its my phone or the HSPA+ network isn't actually live in ct yet.

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm visiting my sister in new york. we have no 3g yet. Then store guy said because ofn huricaane sandy they got delayed. And even chicago before I left in middle of november I had no 3g.

Highland Droid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone see any 42 around the Twin Cities? The T-Mo rep at the Burnsville Mall store told me they get 42 around (coincidentally) Co. Rd. 42 but that's it. I drove around that area quite a bit today with the "Network Signal Info" app turned on and never saw it go above 21. Although it did drop down to "UMTS" quite a bit. Very disappointing.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone see any 42 around the Twin Cities? The T-Mo rep at the Burnsville Mall store told me they get 42 around (coincidentally) Co. Rd. 42 but that's it. I drove around that area quite a bit today with the "Network Signal Info" app turned on and never saw it go above 21. Although it did drop down to "UMTS" quite a bit. Very disappointing.

I think it will naturally drop to UMTS when there is a lower bandwidth requirement to save power on the handset (UMTS takes less power on the reverse channel than HSUPA) so it's natural for it to flicker in and out of UMTS even in strong signal strength areas. I imagine there is a similar situation with it indicating HSPA 21, that really just means it's at the best code rate (31/32) and in 64QAM, but network demand is high enough or your bandwidth demand is low enough that there isn't any point to assigning another carrier to your handset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GopherDroid

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I posted my speed test results in Minneapolis earlier in the thread (or maybe it was the other HSPA+ thread?). Subsequent tests have been the same or better. Seeing between 14-22 megs down and 1.5-3 megs up with a ping consistently around 100 ms. On my Galaxy Nexus I would typically get around 6-7 megs down. I'm on the T-Mobile $30/month 100 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data (throttle after 5 GB) plan (had same plan on Galaxy Nexus).

Highland Droid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I posted my speed test results in Minneapolis earlier in the thread (or maybe it was the other HSPA+ thread?). Subsequent tests have been the same or better. Seeing between 14-22 megs down and 1.5-3 megs up with a ping consistently around 100 ms. On my Galaxy Nexus I would typically get around 6-7 megs down. I'm on the T-Mobile $30/month 100 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data (throttle after 5 GB) plan (had same plan on Galaxy Nexus).

I haven't seen speeds nearly that high with N4 in the Twin Cities. And the ping time is ridiculously high. I still can't get the Network Signal Info app to show me an HSPA+ 42 network anywhere around us. Unless the app just doesn't include that feature.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen speeds nearly that high with N4 in the Twin Cities. And the ping time is ridiculously high. I still can't get the Network Signal Info app to show me an HSPA+ 42 network anywhere around us. Unless the app just doesn't include that feature.

Out of curiosity, how does ping time impact you? Are you a voip user?

Sent from my Droid DNA

GopherDroid

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting my speeds in downtown and uptown Minneapolis. Have not had one bad test in those areas. Haven't tried other parts of the metro.

Highland Droid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting my speeds in downtown and uptown Minneapolis. Have not had one bad test in those areas. Haven't tried other parts of the metro.

Gotcha. I spend most of my time in the South suburbs, and once you get past the Crosstown, "4G" quickly becomes mostly 3G and sometimes EDGE or nothing.

Hopefully AT&T will be much better.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what apps are around the corner that may or may not function better with better ping/data speeds. It's certainly something to measure and consider.

In that case, you also don't know how Verizon will perform when Verizon is loaded just as heavily as T Mobile is per spectrum MHz per user. LTE is still underloaded compared to either EVDO also on Verizon or HSPA on Tmobile.

That said, I think it is crazy to give up unlimited data on Verizon unless you are forced out of it.

Sent from my Droid DNA

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
First day with T-Mobile, and I must say, I am really impressed! I am in a HSPA area (not +) and I was getting around 9-10mbps. That's amazing, especially compared to my 400kb Sprint coverage lol. The cellular coverage is very good as well! I don't understand all the hate on T-Mobile. A $30 dollar plan with 100minutes/Unlimited text and data is a wonderful plan.