Orientation of the dots?

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I dont think the dots will ever be the same at any one given time in a reflection. And that is for just one phone.

I think he means if you were to hold up two N4s up, would the backs of the two phones have the same pattern, or would they be different.

Motorola Photon 4G

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It would be the same patten repeated but maybe not the exact same on the back like same spot.
Like if you have a piece of paper with a patten on it, if you cut it into like maybe 8 spots the patten will be cut off at different points, unless they print it onto the phone rather then doing it separate.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
No. They will exhibit different patterns. Take this picture for example:
View attachment 45884
So no 2 nexuses will display the same pattern under the same light since the dots are polarized differently

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda reminds me of the Nissan GT-R spec V. No two are exactly the same

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Cool. Now we can say to the iPhone herds, "Every one of your phones is the same as every other one while each of ours is different, like a snowflake. BONG!"

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
OH NO! I can see what's happening now. MY PATTERN IS BETTER THAN YOURS! Fact.

You thought the people who returned 21 Nexus 7s due to screen lift was bad, just wait...

"After 435 Nexus 4 exchanges to get a back with just the right swirly pattern, Google refunded my money and refuses to ship me another unit? WTF kind of customer service is this? I mean, I've only cost them $900 in shipping costs on a $300 phone!"

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You thought the people who returned 21 Nexus 7s due to screen lift was bad, just wait...

"After 435 Nexus 4 exchanges to get a back with just the right swirly pattern, Google refunded my money and refuses to ship me another unit? WTF kind of customer service is this? I mean, I've only cost them $900 in shipping costs on a $300 phone!"

Typical american consumer

Sent from my MB865 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz