Something wrong with the camera on this phone???

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Something wrong witht the camera on this phone???

Im sorry but they looked clear to me after I clicked on them. I dont know but they looked fine, especially the link you supplied it looked crystal clear.

Not bashing you, just stating that I disagree :)

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

It's quite amazing how much people nitpick. There are probably some people in the world that have issues with those 5 cent Double Bubble gums...

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

So they point it at a backlit scene, or have shakey hands with long exposure times, and that is the camera's fault? I can take lousy pics with my Nikon SLR using these same methods.
this isnt your nikon no ones lining up amazing shot with a phone camera. they review it how it gonna be used not like a pro photographer taking wedding pics

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

I think folks might be mistaking "out of focus" with resolution.

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

I guess that all depends on what your comparing it to. It is just a phone camera. and a $350 phone at that.
Yeah but im pretty sure i read that the lens in this phones camera is the same one that is in the iPhone 5. So, my guess is it is software related as it still isnt final OS as of those reviews.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

It's all about how hard you're willing to work for great pictures. I always worry that I'll be out and need to take a great picture (not just a good one) so I tried a bunch of phone cameras until I found the best camera. If you strap them down, and move the lights into the right spot, you can get amazing shots from a quality smartphone camera. Case in point from the One X (cropped and processed in Gimp):

Rex.JPG

Of course, I threw away about 50 others to find one this good.

My off-the-cuff shots with the One X look pretty close in quality to the Nexus 4, or the iPhone 4S. That makes me think I could get "magazine" quality images if I wanted to.

The minute I get my Nexus 4 in my hands, my first order of business it to check out the camera -- both in real-world use and in a more controlled studio style setting.

borisj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

It may actually be all the noise I am seeing to make it look blurry to me? I don't see one sharp detail on that pic, looks all fuzzy and grainy to me.

I think this is more accurate. I'm seeing the same thing in almost every sample picture I've seen yet. It sucks that some people can't judge the pictures unobjectively, but they definitely have a lot of noise. That 1080p video actually looks pretty good though, minus the color reproduction. I've been using a GS3 for taking pictures for a while now and they seem to come out a lot less noisy even when blown up to full size.

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys. The camera is my biggest dilemma. The Lumia 920 and Nexus 4 are two very different phones. Both with their own unique positives. However, I feel the ecosystem of the Lumia outweighs the specs of the Nexus 4. I really want the Nexus 4 but the camera situation is pushing me away. As far as price. Att offers the Lumia for 450 off contract with the charging plate so the cost isn't much different. I know that its att and but it can unlocked.

This decision is hard. I hope more users take pictures so I can make my final decision.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys. The camera is my biggest dilemma. The Lumia 920 and Nexus 4 are two very different phones. Both with their own unique positives. However, I feel the ecosystem of the Lumia outweighs the specs of the Nexus 4. I really want the Nexus 4 but the camera situation is pushing me away. As far as price. Att offers the Lumia for 450 off contract with the charging plate so the cost isn't much different. I know that its att and but it can unlocked.

This decision is hard. I hope more users take pictures so I can make my final decision.

Lol windows 8 ecosystem is better than this? You must be drunk.

If your only criteria in a phone is the camera then buy that tank. Otherwise its not even rly a competition imo.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Lol windows 8 ecosystem is better than this? You must be drunk.

If your only criteria in a phone is the camera then buy that tank. Otherwise its not even rly a competition imo.

Yea win 8 at the moment is kinda ecosytemless isnt it?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

It can? I havent looked into them so i dont know if Windows phones were unlockable or not.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

More needs to go into your decision than the camera here. The Nexus 4 and Lumia 920 are pretty much polar opposites on the spectrum of design, OS and functions. Choose your platform first, then choose a device that has the other things you want.

I feel the ecosystem of the Lumia outweighs the specs of the Nexus 4

Not sure what you mean? The ecosystem on the Lumia is smaller, and the specs of the Nexus 4 (except the camera, debatably) are better...
---

If camera quality is important to you, then you need to buy a real camera. Seriously. There's been a lot of noise made about the Lumia 920 camera, but it still not even going to come close to what a mid-range point-and-shoot can offer, let alone a Micro 4/3 or DSLR.

I'm a pretty big photography guy myself, and I'd never leave my phone (no matter the model) be my last device I go to if I need great photos. I agree that "the best camera is the one in your hand", but if photo quality is that important, you will never be satisfied with a phone camera. Not given the trajectory of current phone cameras at least.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Many pics I take with my Amaze are disappointing. One flaw is the autofocus us constantly shifting around, failing to stay focused on what I tell it to.

I find a good discriminator is macro shots of labels of products or soda bottles or such. Something crisp, single-plane (not multi-plane like a face).

A colleague and I did comparison macro shots of an RSA SecurID in the same lighting same background, between the Amaze and the SGS2. One had minimal color noise, the other had better black-white edge detection and clarity on the edge (moving at a diagonal, just to make things interesting).

Correct-o-mundo, it's a "camera phone," and my expectations is that it will take pics with the following qualities:

• Decent focus
  • Good color fidelity
  • Not a lot of color noise, but then it's JPEG what do you expect from a lossy, compressed format
  • Minimal lens distortion

I can correct for color noise in Photoshop (CS2), but creating focus where there was none is pretty nigh impossible. Dramatically inaccurate colors (unless it's a general color shift) is also a PITA to correct. I tend to take several pics because the pics look okay on the small screen, but later in editing turn out to be pretty craptacular.

Too much to ask? I would not hope not, from a $600 phone. But from a $300 phone, I think Phil's pics are fine. Not spectacular, just satisfactory. YMMV.

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the advice guys. I am going to Korea and need a good camera. I am invested into Google but Windows 8 is a good ecosystem to me. My opinion . No reason to bash a new member.

I hope it is a software issue

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the advice guys. I am going to Korea and need a good camera. I am invested into Google but Windows 8 is a good ecosystem to me. My opinion . No reason to bash a new member.

I hope it is a software issue

Not bashing you but the win 8 ecosystem is small compard to android

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

If the hardware would support RAW image capture, and someone sold a camera app that would take RAW images, I'd be in hog heaven.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11