Something wrong with the camera on this phone???

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Something wrong witht the camera on this phone???

They look pretty good in the sample shots I've seen.... Did you see Phil's review here? Couple pretty amazing shots in there imho.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I looked real close to Phills camera pics from the review and I click on them and then they still look slightly blurry to me and as well as other reviews from other sites and when it came to the video, once in a while it would become crystal clear and then become blurry.

Some of those stills from Phills review look pretty good but I clicked to zoom in and they are indeed blurry to me.

Take for example, the shot of Phills little girl in the orange pumpkin suit, looks pretty darn crystal clear....as a small picture, then I clicked and zoomed in to what the picture actually looks like and every bit of the photo is blurry.:-\

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites...mage/684/2012/11/nexus-4-samples/sample-3.jpg
I guess that all depends on what your comparing it to. It is just a phone camera. and a $350 phone at that.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

What phone cameras do take suitable pictures? serious question. I personally don't have experience with devices that are taking pics that are drastically better than what I've seen from the reviews on this phone. Not saying there arn't just wondering what i can look at to make a comparison.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Very true, I have only seen a few phone pics before that were spectacular in the past and was hoping this would be one of those, it does have a washed out vibe about the pictures and when comparing to other videos now of other phones, this doesn't suffer not more than they do:

Video Comparison LG Nexus 4 vs Nokia Lumia 920 vs Sony Xperia T - YouTube!
I would have to agree. Something to think about those particular videos seem to be shot in not optimal light. That could effect the quality a bit couldn't it?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I have just watched Phills review videos again and the front facing camera makes such a better video than the 8 megapixel camera on the back and that probably is true with pictures too, and that is a shame on LG's part, I am just hoping it is a software issue.

Not really trying to compare it to anything more than a sharp clarity picture, LG put a lot of R&D behind this phone and camera too for it to come out all blurry and the front facing camera to be much better.

What are u comparing this camera to? Are u going to be blowing the pics taken with ur phone to 8'x10' or what? These photos/videos are perfectly acceptable for a phone. Ur not going to replace a dslr with a phone sorry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

TyBec

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

No, I am not really complaining at all, this is by far the best phone out there with specs like this at this price, and I really don't plan on using this phone as a primary camera either, nothing really compares to a camera....except maybe a Nokia Pureview with 44 megapixel, but for an occasional snapshot it works great, but it seems a little on the blurry side on most of the snapshots, yes they look good at a quick glance no doubt but with further inspection of the pics it takes they do indeed look blurry with no sharpness in details, maybe it is the washed out effect I am seeing that I hear people have commented on, I would ask anybody to judge on picture quality, I don't care much about the vibrance of the colors, it is expected but I am talking about the quality of the pictures, take a look at all of the picture snapshots on Phills review and ask yourself the honest question on quality of the pictures, to me, maybe not anybody else, but they all seem a little bit blurry when looking at them zoomed to the actual size.

Welcome to cell phone cameras? I don't know what you want to hear. It sounds like you expect every camera to have extreme sharpness. Its not gonna happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

I looked real close to Phills camera pics from the review and I click on them and then they still look slightly blurry to me and as well as other reviews from other sites and when it came to the video, once in a while it would become crystal clear and then become blurry.

Some of those stills from Phills review look pretty good but I clicked to zoom in and they are indeed blurry to me.

Take for example, the shot of Phills little girl in the orange pumpkin suit, looks pretty darn crystal clear....as a small picture, then I clicked and zoomed in to what the picture actually looks like and every bit of the photo is blurry.:-\

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites...mage/684/2012/11/nexus-4-samples/sample-3.jpg

At some point you've got to realize its an 8MP cellphone camera with a sensor only a few mm across. How much do you really expect to zoom in? The small number of pixels alone will create "blurry" pictures when you zoom in... You said yourself the photos look fine at normal zoom levels, and that's what the goal of these cameras is. They're not meant to be taking pictures and blown up or printed at large sizes.

I think your expectations are too high here. Want big pictures you can zoom in on? Buy a real camera.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

You really can't judge photo quality unless the thing is on a tripod so that you take motion blur out of the equation, especially in indoor light when shutter speeds are longer.

Plus, it is usually the case that most technology reviewers have no clue how to use a camera, and think a good one will make up for poor technique.

Is it an iPhone 4s or 5 competitor, probably not as little is, but the best shots I have seen lead me to believe it is decent (which has not been the case with previous Nexus devices).
It a camera on a cell phone, you point it at things and push a button.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Yes these reviews for now anyway are not based on a finished product yet, phone camera really not that important to me anyway, I wanted to comment on it anyway, the reviewers are a mixed bunch of people and assuredly some of them could use a camera on the phone, I am biased to think that it is the camera hardware, hoping that it isn't faulty in the final release but I am pretty sure it is the final hardware that the reviewers have and maybe Google will compensate with good software for it.

I did read that the GS3 had better pics as well as the HTC OneX. And bare in mind, this is a premium phone, since we are getting at a good price doesn't mean they skimp out on quality hardware, some people are going to end up paying over $600 for this phone in some parts of the World.......and Yes I am comparing it to GS3, HTC OneX+ and Iphone 5.

GS3 does not even compare with the iPhone 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Yes these reviews for now anyway are not based on a finished product yet, phone camera really not that important to me anyway, I wanted to comment on it anyway, the reviewers are a mixed bunch of people and assuredly some of them could use a camera on the phone, I am biased to think that it is the camera hardware, hoping that it isn't faulty in the final release but I am pretty sure it is the final hardware that the reviewers have and maybe Google will compensate with good software for it.

I did read that the GS3 had better pics as well as the HTC OneX. And bare in mind, this is a premium phone, since we are getting at a good price doesn't mean they skimp out on quality hardware, some people are going to end up paying over $600 for this phone in some parts of the World.......and Yes I am comparing it to GS3, HTC OneX+ and Iphone 5.

good luck everyone trying to have a reasonable conversation about this. imo its not fualty, its not a problem again thats my opinion. if you want an s3 get one dude. this takes reasonable pics for a phone camera. and it cost half as much. im not trying to defend google or any nonsense like that i just don't understand what you expect.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante