Discover 5% Cash back?

meringues

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Like everyone else on here, really excited about the N4.

Is anyone else planning on using a discover card for the purchase? Are google play store purchases eligible for the 5% cash back on online purchases?

I couldn't find anything on this.

Thanks!

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's the list of online retail stores:

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cashback-bonus/shopdiscover.html

EDIT: Ahh, now I see what you're asking. Discover has a 5% cashback for online shopping. Interesting. I guess I'll use my Discover card just in case ...good find!

EDIT #2: Here's what the site says in regards to online shopping:

Earn 5% Cashback Bonus for Department store and online purchases from 10/1/12 (or the date on which you signed up, whichever is later) through 12/31/12, subject to a cap of $1500 in purchases. Department stores are defined as retailers selling a wide variety of merchandise, with separate checkout counters in each department. Amounts that are not charged to your card during your online purchase will not qualify. These purchases must post to your account by 12/31/12 and do not count towards determining your eligibility to earn 1%. Purchases made at warehouse clubs, wholesale distributors, or discount stores are not eligible. If a purchase is coded for a category other than those listed above, it will not qualify. Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within 2 billing periods. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further details.​

Based on the above, I'd agree that purchasing through Google Play Store would be covered as an online purchase.

Jyscal

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe he's talking about the 4th quarter promo where discover is offering 5% cash back for online purchases. I believe it counts since its a online purchase. I would use it, but I'm using my Amex to get the extra warranty just to be safe.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe he's talking about the 4th quarter promo where discover is offering 5% cash back for online purchases. I believe it counts since its a online purchase. I would use it, but I'm using my Amex to get the extra warranty just to be safe.

What's the extended warranty with AMEX? Discover gives 1 additional year. I thought AMEX was the same. No?

[EDIT] - actually Discover gives up to 1 year. It's double the manufacturer warranty. I presume Google gives a 1 year warranty?

Jyscal

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What's the extended warranty with AMEX? Discover gives 1 additional year. I thought AMEX was the same. No?

[EDIT] - actually Discover gives up to 1 year. It's double the manufacturer warranty. I presume Google gives a 1 year warranty?
I didn't know that discover did the warranty match like Amex. I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

Edit: I double checked my card and it has the extended warranty as well! Looks like its going on the Discover card!

Last edited:

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Totally random thought, but before I order, I'll be checking if they offer any compensation or special if you order with your Google Wallet.... Muahaha....!

Enviii

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to get my Dad to refer me tonight so we both get the $50 cashback bonus and hopefully I'll be approved on the spot. If not, I'll use my dads card and pay him back.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the 5% cash back is just for, getting a new card / becoming a new Discover Card owner, durring that period. I tried to sign up and it would not let me and I used my Discover card at Amazon and did not get the 5% back.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mid-grade, dark roast, forest fresh,full tank, brain freeze, cake Donettes,rolling hot dogs, bag of ice,antifreeze, wash-and-dry,diesel, self-serve, fix-a-flat,jumper cables, 5% cash back.

I don't see N4 in the lyrics.... so I'mma go with no.

Ardrid

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I'll be using my Discover card. All online purchases, up to $1500, are eligible for 5% cash back during Discover's 4th quarter promotion. I can't see why Google Play wouldn't be considered an online purchase. For me, it should be about $16-17 back on my card, enough to cover the cost of shipping.

Ardrid

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
:( I don't have Discover.....I can't take the 5% off, would be handy in taking some of the taxes away for sure...... :( I do get miles though :)

You can request a rewards program conversion. It might not do you much good now, depending on when your statement date is, but you'd have the cash back program going forward. I used to have Miles as well and, trust me when I tell you, cash back is 100x better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs