Just held a Nexus 4 in my hands and....

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The first thing that immediately came to mind is that i'm going to need a case.

GET A CASE AHEAD OF TIME!

Other than that, this phone is beautiful.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just held a Neux 4 in my hands and....

Did the back cracked just a the sight of it? That's one of my fears, I'm planing to use this device only with my eyes closed.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site

You obviously didn't hold it. I used mine sans bumper for over a month with no problems, just very faint scratches on the back.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Nah, I like my phones to live on the edge, so no case for me. I have been reading instances where the back cracks pretty easily, though. Price to be paid for having an all glass phone.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Did the back cracked just a the sight of it? That's one of my fears, I'm planing to use this device only with my eyes closed.

That was one of the things I checked out when i was using it, the phone just feels delicate.

- - - Updated - - -

You obviously didn't hold it. I used mine sans bumper for over a month with no problems, just very faint scratches on the back.

Can you clarify what you're talking about or who you're talking to?

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Omg when you touched it did the back break in half?

I head someone said this and I'm really worried. Might not buy cuz of this issue.

Plz respond now or I'll make a thread about it.

/s :p

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Im personally going to buy a pouch, i always buy cases for phones and then never use them. A big part of why I buy a phone is because of its design and cases take away from that.

- - - Updated - - -

I head someone said this and I'm really worried. Might not buy cuz of this issue.

Lol no. It feels delicate but it doesn't feel like it's going to be crushed in your hands.

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Im personally going to buy a pouch, i always buy cases for phones and then never use them. A big part of why I buy a phone is because of its design and cases take away from that.

A pouch? Wouldn't that make it easier to drop or is that just me?

DFloro

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
29 months and counting with an all-glass iPhone 4 and not a single scratch or crack. Signs of wear, of course, but nothing catastrophic.

mrplayer66

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
29 months and counting with an all-glass iPhone 4 and not a single scratch or crack. Signs of wear, of course, but nothing catastrophic.

A friend of mine had his iphone 3G and since last year the iPhone 4s always without a case or screen protector or case and has never had a cracked screen and only has very slight scratches on the back of his 4S I don't know how he does it, I on the other hand used to carry my Nexus S in a case with screen protectors and after taking it out of the case I've dropped several times and have tons of scratches in the back luckily the screen has never cracked but I can't keep it from getting scratched, so now I'm torn on wether I want to get a case for the Nexus 4 or not hah.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've only ever put screen protectors on my phones, but I've only had Blackberry's...

I'll see how it feels when I get it. If it's anything like the back of those god awful ipod classics/touches where the slightest touch scratches it then it will be a definite buy for me.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

That was one of the things I checked out when i was using it, the phone just feels delicate.

- - - Updated - - -
Your the first iv heard call this phone delicate. all reviews i read said the glass back made it feel hefty/quality. so...

firstness

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
after taking it out of the case I've dropped several times and have tons of scratches in the back luckily the screen has never cracked but I can't keep it from getting scratched, so now I'm torn on wether I want to get a case for the Nexus 4 or not hah.

You seem to be pretty clumsy with your devices so I would recommend getting a case. Either that or train yourself to grip the phone properly and never set it down on a hard surface where it might be scratched.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I ordered a cheap Kayscase form Amazon last week. The estimated delivery is Nov 14-19. Hopefully I can get it just in time for the phone.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Is the glass back different than the glass front I'm touching right now? Which is also gorilla glass btw. I've been using this phone for months now and no one warned me about the glass being breakable! How did I manage to not break the glass all this time?!

mrplayer66

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You seem to be pretty clumsy with your devices so I would recommend getting a case. Either that or train yourself to grip the phone properly and never set it down on a hard surface where it might be scratched.

HAHA yeah, it's strange because around my friends I'm known for being extremely delicate with my electronic devices, and I don't know why when it comes to my phone I'm just clumsy even though it's the gadget I spend the most time with. Maybe it's because since I have the Best Buy protection on it and it'll get fixed regardless of what happens to it, but this won't be the case with the Nexus 4 so I will have to train myself to grip the phone a lot better.

socaltyger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Is the glass back different than the glass front I'm touching right now? Which is also gorilla glass btw. I've been using this phone for months now and no one warned me about the glass being breakable! How did I manage to not break the glass all this time?!

I know the front is Gorilla Glass2, the back is as well? The post below says he's noticed a few slight scratches on the back which leaves me a bit worried. Still getting the phone though, just want to preserve that beautiful backside.

This, about the scratches on the back has me worried.

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Start a petition!

Johnny Dangerously

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone actually confirmed the back is Gorilla Glass? Every review site says without hesitation "front and back made out of Gorilla Glass 2.0" yet in Phil's review (and in his videos about the phone) he mentions LG calls it a "glass-like substance".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22