Does the Play Store extend lines of credit?

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have lines of credit with PayPal, Amazon, Best Buy, and a credit card with a low limit with my bank, but the Nexus 4 isn't being sold anywhere else besides Google Play and T-Mobile.

I really don't want to have to pay the full price outright if I can avoid it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have lines of credit with PayPal, Amazon, Best Buy, and a credit card with a low limit with my bank, but the Nexus 4 isn't being sold anywhere else besides Google Play and T-Mobile.

no.

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

If you don't think you'll be able to pay the full amount outright, maybe you should wait until you save up money and can do so?

America the impatient.

Last edited:

Burleson90

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
When it goes to process the payment it would get declined. Assuming you use your card set up through google wallet and it doesn't have enough money on it it would decline your attempted payment.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
When it goes to process the payment it would get declined. Assuming you use your card set up through google wallet and it doesn't have enough money on it it would decline your attempted payment.

I never said that I'm attempting to use a debit card with insufficient funds. My bank would treat that as an overdraft, and just charge my credit card the remaining balance.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Than maybe I don't understand your question. My bad than

I'm asking if the Play Store extends credit to people so they can pay later. From the answers that I've received so far, it appears that they don't.

It looks like I'll have to lurk EBay and Amazon for someone who isn't selling the device ridiculously overpriced.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
If I'm willing to incur the debt to purchase the device, then that's my prerogative.

But that doesn't mean Google should be required to take on the risk of having people buying devices on credit. Their choice.

If you want to take on the line of credit, you can get a credit card and do it that way...

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
But that doesn't mean Google should be required to take on the risk of having people buying devices on credit. Their choice.

If you want to take on the line of credit, you can get a credit card and do it that way...

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Figured a credit card would be an obvious answer.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

That's also true. I was just answering reignx777's condescending post.

Nobody is required to extend lines of credit, but retailers that do only do so after reviewing the customer's history of repaying their debts, by the way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2