11-13-2012 11:00 AM
48 12
tools
    I know, I am going to be out making deliveries, so I am going to have to pull over and try to buy with my iPhone.
    11-13-2012 05:18 AM
    I managed to get one, I think, but I'm still pissed off disappointed. Google are supposed to be good at this - they shouldn't have crashing websites; it's what they do. Farcical.
    11-13-2012 05:23 AM
    Source?
    Never Mind, found it: https://plus.google.com/+GoogleDeuts...ts/AEMkAyVDsA5
    11-13-2012 05:32 AM
    This doesn't surprise me and I was afraid something like this would happen. It's going to get interesting when it goes on sale in the U.S. I really like google devices but they always have trouble with this stuff. I sometime wonder if these companies deliberatly start off with lower stock as a PR stunt to show how fast their product sold out. I remember when the Iphone 5 sold out in a hour.
    11-13-2012 05:38 AM
    At least people had an hour to order. Also if you don't manage to get in on the first batch at least your put on a list, so you know for sure your going to get one in a few weeks. I remembered when I ordered the iPhone 4S for my wife, I over slept by 30 minutes and still managed to secure a first batch. Apple though is far more superior in the logistics game then google, evidently.
    11-13-2012 05:42 AM
    At least people had an hour to order. Also if you don't manage to get in on the first batch at least your put on a list, so you know for sure your going to get one in a few weeks. I remembered when I ordered the iPhone 4S for my wife, I over slept by 30 minutes and still managed to secure a first batch. Apple though is far more superior in the logistics game then google, evidently.
    Agreed. In fact that was the first time I remember the Iphone selling out that fast. What Google has to get better at is information. They need to let the customer know exact times and have accessories availiable. I've been visited the Play store and it seems like they are updated it bit by bit.
    11-13-2012 05:59 AM
    So much for everyone saying this wouldn't sell out. This is a mini hit right now (have to wait to hear official sales numbers maybe they just had low stock levels)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    11-13-2012 05:59 AM
    It reminds me of when the HP tablet went on sale, how fast they went. You take a phone like this, and give it that price point... Explosion, especially for people in Australia and Europe, who don't have a lot of LTE products, and combine the fact that its largely GSM.
    11-13-2012 06:04 AM
    Agreed, I am surprised it sold out in Aus. Everyone I know hasn't even heard of nexus!
    11-13-2012 06:08 AM
    That is weird, how are they getting their info? It's not like they have commercials out, at least not here in then us.
    11-13-2012 06:11 AM
    Not sure, I found out about Nexus 4 through going to order a chinese phone and some said F it these guys are taking too long lets get a nexus.
    11-13-2012 06:15 AM
    Here's the official Statement of Google in Germany (I just roughly translated this quick)

"We are overwhelmed by the huge interest in the Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 devices, and are also sorry that not everyone interested in the devices got a hold of one. Both devices were sold out within a short period of time.

Of course we are working hard to ensure availability again as soon as possible. Unfortunately we can't make a statement at the moment concerning the availability of the next wave of devices in the Google Play Store"

It's all blablablabla default crap to me.
    11-13-2012 06:16 AM
    Probably a PR stunt, Least Xiaomi (asian company who made a phone at a loss on purpose) told everyone their first wave was only going to be 50k units.
    Least someone is making a comment. Google Aus is dead quiet. Lg on the other hand here loves to talk.
    11-13-2012 06:27 AM
    Honestly if you take all the facts together the chances on a quick restocking are very slim. It really seems like Google purposely only had such a little amount of devices, it's being rumoured that Google actually pays more money to LG than the listed price in the Google Store, that could explain the extremely small amounts.
    You also have to remember that the product has been finished for a really long time now, so one should think there are millions of devices ready to be sold, and since that's not the case everything just becomes even more awkward.
    I am kind of losing faith in Google with this, it honestly doesn't even make me want to have the Nexus anymore. Considering that it's soon Christmas and Google has no idea how to fix the problems, I can see this end up like the Amazon Paperwhite Reader, which is apparently is sold out until end of January 2013 already.
    11-13-2012 06:39 AM
    Ouch! I don't know which one to go for first, the 8g or the 16g. It seems like if you go for one, and don't get, you will be screwed on the other one as well, if you know what I mean. Sorry to much coffee this morning.
    11-13-2012 06:54 AM
    The problem actually isn't that it's sold out that quickly. The problem is that the servers can't cope with it.
    I had my device in the basket at exactly launch time, 9:13am. But after I hit the "confirm purchase" button, it just loaded forever and ever and ever and never went through.
    And all my tries after that resulted in errors far before that already... what a shame, SHAME on you Google!
    nickacs and KitN like this.
    11-13-2012 07:04 AM
    Well according to the German spokesperson of Google they are definitely sold out over here.
    He claims they didn't expect such a huge demand. That's such a sad excuse.
    WTF? Then that ***** should be fired TODAY! C'mon really? Stupid nimrod. EVERYONE at Google around the world knew exactly that this would happen. Big, almighty Google can't keep their servers up for millions of people to buy their phone. LMAO... Thanks a lot Google. Sure, I'll be ready at 12pm today to order mine, but I still give them a big can of FU for not telling everyone. Let's just open up the UK PlayStore at say... 3:12amEST. WTF? Nice going...
    11-13-2012 08:14 AM
    I know, I am going to be out making deliveries, so I am going to have to pull over and try to buy with my iPhone.
    Haha! Android's ultimate revenge: Make iPhone owner buy a Google Nexus from his iPhone! :thumbup:

Oh, the irony!!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    11-13-2012 09:29 AM
    If Google is having problems with demand, they should limit all orders of this 1st batch to 1 per costumer.
    11-13-2012 09:36 AM
    Why didn't they just make pre orders? This would have saved everybody so many headaches.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    nickacs and KitN like this.
    11-13-2012 09:38 AM
    Oh yeah. I'm annoyed. Very annoyed. I can't believe Google can't cope with the run on this device even though they knew it'll happen.
    That's just really said, I'd say it's even worse than Apple. I mean honestly, it can't be that you wait for something two weeks long and then it's just a pure luck game if you manage to make an order or not.

Feel free to let your anger out. I am very, very annoyed right now.

EDIT: Oh the best part is actually, that a half hour later you receive an e-mail saying "THE NEXUS 4 NOW AVAILABLE FROM 299" YEAH RIGHT. Trolls.
    Many had the prevailing hope up until the EU launch that Google learned from the issues with the Nexus 7 launch. So much for that I guess. About 29 minutes to find out how this US launch is gonna go. =/ Good luck everybody.
    11-13-2012 10:31 AM
    Many had the prevailing hope up until the EU launch that Google learned from the issues with the Nexus 7 launch. So much for that I guess. About 29 minutes to find out how this US launch is gonna go. =/ Good luck everybody.
    looks like they're already doing better - more people are able to order it
    11-13-2012 10:36 AM
    looks like they're already doing better - more people are able to order it
    Maybe they just generally have more capacity, or fixed things. Doesn't make things better for us anyways.
    I grabbed myself an S3 for cheap meanwhile, nearly same price as the N4 and new. Using that to get rid of my old iPhone 4 before that thing becomes useless to sell on eBay (thanks to the rumoured new iPhone 5S).

I can't see Google fixing the delivery problems in the near future, and them being so quiet about it doesn't suggest otherwise either. I'm disappointed in them and I don't know if I will even hop on the N4 even if it becomes available, which from what it looks like right now will take forever anyways.
    11-13-2012 11:00 AM
48 12