Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
As many of u already know, people in the UK and Australia got to order theirs, now we (USA) patiently wait for our turn at 9am (California:my time). What will u guys do if they run out? Go to T-Mobile? Is T-Mobiles $499 price the same exact unlocked phone as the one you would buy from the play store?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
As many of u already know, people in the UK and Australia got to order theirs, now we (USA) patiently wait for our turn at 9am (California:my time). What will u guys do if they run out? Go to T-Mobile? Is T-Mobiles $499 price the same exact unlocked phone as the one you would buy from the play store?

It is. But that is quite a hike in price, tbh I was expecting to pay that anyway before they announced pricing so its a possibility that I will fold and go pay it. But I just don't know, sold all my phones and am dealing with an N1 till I can get this. Awesome phone, but no doubt out of date. I'll have to wait and see if its worth it to me or not to pay a premium for the T-Mo version.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If they run out I'll just wait a few weeks or however long it takes for them to get everything sorted out.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
It is. But that is quite a hike in price, tbh I was expecting to pay that anyway before they announced pricing so its a possibility that I will fold and go pay it. But I just don't know, sold all my phones and am dealing with an N1 till I can get this. Awesome phone, but no doubt out of date. I'll have to wait and see if its worth it to me or not to pay a premium for the T-Mo version.

It is the same, but remember, you HAVE to get a 2-yr contract plan :( The N4 from Google store is unlocked and no carrier/plan. I can't justify the extra $150 for TMobile version and getting locked into a 2-yr contract. F that! $30 prepaid TMobile unlimited plan is the only way to go! :)

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of folding as well if all doesn't go well. Is the $499 price for the 16gb model?

Yes it is.

There's a good possibility Tmobile wont sell you one unless you sigh a contract with the.

Very probable....But atm I am already on their value plans so I can walk in and finance it. Would alleviate having to pay it all at once but I pay a premium for sure because of it. :(

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm dealing with an iPhone! I've been waiting nearly TWO YEARS to get rid of it!! I cannot; will not wait another "few weeks" for a N4.

It's now or never, Google. Get your servers ready to take my damn money, please?!?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
This just makes me want to buy a Samsung S3 now, even though I'm not a fan of the PenTile Matrix, but it's selling for 400 Euro now on Amazon which is only 50? more than the N4 anyways.
And on Amazon I could send it back until January 30th in case I don't like it and the N4 becomes available again (if ever).
VERY tricky decision. :( THANK YOU GOOGLE FOR GIVING ME THIS HARD TIME!

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It is the same, but remember, you HAVE to get a 2-yr contract plan :( The N4 from Google store is unlocked and no carrier/plan. I can't justify the extra $150 for TMobile version and getting locked into a 2-yr contract. F that! $30 prepaid TMobile unlimited plan is the only way to go! :)

Well I am on a family plan so atm I only pay $40 ish a month for 1k shared mins and truly unlimited data. So I prefer that over the $30 plan. I can even drop it down to $30 should I want to drop to the $10 a month 2GB unlimited plan. Which I am debating doing. I also get all the benefits of postpaid. So this doesn't bother me.

I thought u could buy it off contract for $499? Thought u didn't need to sign a contract with T-Mobile

The off contract price is $499. As in if you are on a classic plan you can walk in and pay that without extending contract. But that doesn't mean they will sell it to any random person that walks in off the street.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This just makes me want to buy a Samsung S3 now, even though I'm not a fan of the PenTile Matrix.
VERY tricky decision. :( THANK YOU GOOGLE FOR GIVING ME THIS HARD TIME!

+1

With the debacle that was the European launch and Australia selling out so quickly, it doesn't bode well for the US release...

And all of this waiting is making the Samsung S3 and Note ll look better and better to me by the minute...

I'm sure we're not the only ones eyeing the competition if Google screws this up...

Sent from my Nexus 7

ctfrommn

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I thought u could buy it off contract for $499? Thought u didn't need to sign a contract with T-Mobile
I spoke to them yesterday and they indeed confirmed the ability to purchase one outright without a contract. He was unable to confirm a price for me as it was not in their system yet.

legec117

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
For me, it is a toss up between N4 and HTC oneX. If I can't get the N4 today, I will order the OneX today. Sorry Google, you have people WANTING to throw money at you, and you can't handle it. The big stage and bright lights aren't for everyone.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The off contract price is $499. As in if you are on a classic plan you can walk in and pay that without extending contract. But that doesn't mean they will sell it to any random person that walks in off the street.
Um, why not? It's $199 on contract and $499 without. Why wouldn't they sell them to whomever walks in and drops five bills on the counter especially since they're do a free phone sale this weekend?

Here's a word for all of you for whom instant gratification takes too long: Patience! Rather than wait a few more days, you're seriously going to spend 43% more?

I was waiting for nearly two months for the anticipated Amazon Penny Sale around BF to get a GS3 on AT&T and while I waited to save $200, along came the Nexus 4 and the promise of cheaper service through Straight Talk. While I'm eager to get an N4 ASAFP, I'm not going to give away the money I'm saving to have it a few days sooner. I wasn't expecting to have a new phone for a couple of more weeks even without this phone, so this is an annoyance, not a problem. I'll just keep using my perfectly fine GS2 on Trudge for a while longer.

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If it sells out as fast here as it did in the EU markets I will wait untilt he supply chain catches up with demand. It may not be all bad to wait, many of the bugs identified at launch may be resolved in later builds. Still want one today, but it will not be the end of the world if I don't get it.