T-Mo Nexus Plan

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looking online, I can get an "Unlimited Value - Talk + Text" for $49.99 and "unlimited 4G" for $20.00 for a total of $69.99/month. Am I missing something, or is this an unlimited plan? I only use about 1-2GB of data a month, but it seems good.

also, is it easy to go in a T-Mo store to pick up the Micro Sim and port a number?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Looking online, I can get an "Unlimited Value - Talk + Text" for $49.99 and "unlimited 4G" for $20.00 for a total of $69.99/month. Am I missing something, or is this an unlimited plan? I only use about 1-2GB of data a month, but it seems good.

also, is it easy to go in a T-Mo store to pick up the Micro Sim and port a number?

It's easy to get SIM and get your number moved. The catch is this requires a 2 year contract.....and if you only use 1-2GB you could cheapen the price by $10 and get the 2GB unlimited plan.

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So if I need to port my number and sign up for a 2 year contract, I should essentially buy the Nexus subsidized at T-Mo. Unless I port to G-Voice, and go that route.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So if I need to port my number and sign up for a 2 year contract, I should essentially buy the Nexus subsidized at T-Mo. Unless I port to G-Voice, and go that route.

No, because the phone will be $499 instead of $380 ish from the play store.

Sign up for a Straight Talk plan instead for $45 a month. Just don't abuse the data.

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The T-mo Nexus would be $199 with a 2yr agreement, or is it not?

I am coming from Sprint, and want this phone, but since I use minutes and travel a lot, I am trying to figure out the best option.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I am coming from Sprint, and want this phone, but since I use minutes and travel a lot, I am trying to figure out the best option.

If you get the $199 deal then you need to get a classic plan. Which is $89.99 a month. Considerably more than what you would pay if you just bought the phone for $380 and went with AT&T side of Straight Talk.

AT&T coverage would generally be better for a traveler. If you are dead set on T-Mo towers then either the Value plans, Simple Mobile, or Straight Talk would be the smarter buy.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

You would have to check tmobiles coverage where you travel tmobile has better speeds than sprint but not coverage

Sent from my PC36100

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Your best option is to get a Tmobile prepaid sim and test out the service for a month or so before deciding to lock down to any specific carrier.

ctfrommn

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh I should have mentioned that. I had to sign up a 2 year contract. There is no subsidy, but to get truly unlimited data I think it's worth it.

Indeed, I am also transitioning to the same one from my ancient myfaves plan. Truly unlimited with any real speed is a rare treat these days. I can chew up 5gb pretty quick so this should work better for me.

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh I should have mentioned that. I had to sign up a 2 year contract. There is no subsidy, but to get truly unlimited data I think it's worth it.

So, if I am in your shoes and sign up for this plan, and I am coming from Sprint, wouldn't it make sense for me to buy the phone direct from T-mo at $200 and lock into a 2 year contract? That is the road I am coming down - for me to switch from Sprint to T-Mo, which has the coverage I want, why would I buy the unlocked version over the $200 version direct from T-mo?

ctfrommn

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So, if I am in your shoes and sign up for this plan, and I am coming from Sprint, wouldn't it make sense for me to buy the phone direct from T-mo at $200 and lock into a 2 year contract? That is the road I am coming down - for me to switch from Sprint to T-Mo, which has the coverage I want, why would I buy the unlocked version over the $200 version direct from T-mo?

You could also buy it direct and use the T-Mobile 30$/mo prepaid plan. Or any MNVO that uses T-Mobile's network. Straight Talk, Solevei, Simple Mobile. It all comes down to how much being "stuck" on contract means to you. I have no issues where I am and no intentions of leaving them anytime soon.

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You could also buy it direct and use the T-Mobile 30$/mo prepaid plan. Or any MNVO that uses T-Mobile's network. Straight Talk, Solevei, Simple Mobile. It all comes down to how much being "stuck" on contract means to you. I have no issues where I am and no intentions of leaving them anytime soon.

I wish I hadn't bought 2 (1 by accident) unlocked Nexus 4's today.... I guess I will try T-Mo direct. I don't care how much I pay monthly since work covers my bill - I just want the best service to port my sprint number to - and if that is T-Mo, then I might as well buy it direct at $200. If it is AT&T, then unlocked it is.

Headaches..,.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wish I hadn't bought 2 (1 by accident) unlocked Nexus 4's today.... I guess I will try T-Mo direct. I don't care how much I pay monthly since work covers my bill - I just want the best service to port my sprint number to - and if that is T-Mo, then I might as well buy it direct at $200. If it is AT&T, then unlocked it is.

Headaches..,.

Get AT&T postpaid service if its free to you. It's coverage is much better.

Since you already bought 2, idk why it would matter if you get subsidy from T-Mo. Otherwise, I would say just walk in and buy it for $200. Not worth it since you already bought 2.

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Get AT&T postpaid service if its free to you. It's coverage is much better.

Since you already bought 2, idk why it would matter if you get subsidy from T-Mo. Otherwise, I would say just walk in and buy it for $200. Not worth it since you already bought 2.

Well, I bought 2 by accident - I just wanted 1.

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it.

Jax Tiger

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile offers a value plan that gives you a pretty good discount if you bring your own phones in. I have a plan with my wife and three kids, and it is only $129.98 + tax and fees per month. This includes unlimited everything for my wife and I (except for a limit of 2G of data at 4G speed), and the kids get 500 minutes each, with unlimited texting and data (with the same limit on highest speed data).

I haven't been able to beat that anywhere else, and I have been happy with T-Mobile in the past.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc