New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Amuse Me Puppet

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Google.

First, you do know what estimate means, right? Second the support emails are all automated. Third, Monday would only be 4 days, the day you ordered doesn't factor in.
Hearing nothing is where you wanna be, but i've said this all before in previous posts.

So in what capacity do you work for Google?

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Google.

First, you do know what estimate means, right? Second the support emails are all automated. Third, Monday would only be 4 days, the day you ordered doesn't factor in.
Hearing nothing is where you wanna be, but i've said this all before in previous posts.

I do know what estimate means.. yes. I guess I was spoiled when I ordered the Galaxy Nexus... ordered, shipped and received within 1 day.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I try...I meant what is your profession...

Professional nerd.

I do know what estimate means.. yes. I guess I was spoiled when I ordered the Galaxy Nexus... ordered, shipped and received within 1 day.

agreed, and so were most people. It's a crappy situation and we all know that but the bickering won't do a thing in all honesty, it didn't with the N7 launch and won't now. I wish I could change it, but without a MAJOR promotion even I can't even hope to, I've sent several emails on several people's behalf to the powers that be seeking answers and resolution, but if I can't get one, well then I don't know who can.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
So are orders still being processed in the background seeing as people are randomly getting shipping emails?

Yep. And those who cancelled orders for whatever reason are being received back to "stock" in the system, so backorders are starting to be filled as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok...so your a CSR got it...do you know Beau?

I'm an engineer. CSR's aren't actually Google employee's, they are outsourced.

anon973381

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Well folks, all I can think about is the Nexus 4 order right now. I've sold off all my previous Nexus's and BlackBerry's so I am stuck with a $30 prepaid Samsung flip until my 8:40am PST order arrives while I read about others already enjoying theirs.

I have no info on my limbo order. Why can't any resources be allocated to simply clean this mess up and give those affected some answers? My order like others shows the 17th now. We know something went screwy somewhere but we just want answers. We're not all a bunch of freeloaders. I stayed up to try ordering and woke every hour for nothing. Why couldn't we just have been told when we can order?

This whole order process has been a poor experience. We understand that Google is no Amazon when it comes to order logistics and we don't expect Google to be, but just communicate with us.

I am a Google Apps premium, Chromebox/Chromebook, Nexus 7 and formerly Nexus S/Galaxy Nexus user. My ecosystem has not been rocked but I have just wasted a weekend thinking about this whole experience and simple communication could have helped us move on. A simple email with more info is all I would need but I know for damn sure that will not come this time at least in a timely manner as that window has passed. Google is generally very agile and responsive in beta projects and such but here we are left in the cold and really don't need to be. The longer we are left in this state the more people will start expecting from Google right or wrong as we are all aware that issues happen. Communication is an easy way to curb resentment in situations like this before people become unreasonable.

Grey_arc

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I would like to see if anyone can give me some incite on what they think is happening on my situation. I ordered at 11:35:38 on the 13th and still have not received any emails for back order or with tracking info. my order still says shipping on the 15th, and the holds that they had on my bank account have been cleared as if they never happened. Could someone tell me what they think possibly happened, is my order getting stealth shipped or back ordered, or shipped on monday?

PS my cousin lives literally down the street from me and already has tracking info for monday delivery and he ordered 2 hours after i did.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Well I would like to see if anyone can give me some incite on what they think is happening on my situation. I ordered at 11:35:38 on the 13th and still have not received any emails for back order or with tracking info. my order still says shipping on the 15th, and the holds that they had on my bank account have been cleared as if they never happened. Could someone tell me what they think possibly happened, is my order getting stealth shipped or back ordered, or shipped on monday?

PS my cousin lives literally down the street from me and already has tracking info for monday delivery and he ordered 2 hours after i did.

Shipped on monday/tuesday is my best guess for you, based on what i've been told.

MonsieurJohnny

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yep. And those who cancelled orders for whatever reason are being received back to "stock" in the system, so backorders are starting to be filled as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an engineer. CSR's aren't actually Google employee's, they are outsourced.

Yeah at the end of a conversation with a CSR I asked out of curiosity where they are located. She said "as far as I can say (she used that same line 5 times earlier) we are located in Utah".

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Either way champ, 5 business days from order would place your phone to you on Tuesday. That one extra day must be killing you.

No one here is worried about tuesday or wednesday.. its all about the bad communication strategy in place, CSR's being told to narrate a story of their choice... best story wins a bonus in their pay.... If they put in place a good strategy and clearly specified when it would come, then why would someone keep waiting? and yes, it's usually first come first serve, if not i would have slept for 3 .30 more hours and ordered after everyone ordered at 3 pm and still be happy..

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Did it the other night. I am hoping that tomorrow I will get an email saying a package is to be delivered Monday. fingers crossed :)

I can deal with Wednesday.. I just want to know at this point when to expect it

MyUPS also is not truly reliable, it did fail for many of them in this forum....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan