New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My N7 was shipped the day I placed the order and showed it was placed on a truck for delivery and delivered the next day. This episode has definitely had some glitches from the ordering process, shopping cart snafu's, google wallet errors and now the shipping quandry. Wow, I sure hope the phone lives up the the expectation with all the aggrevation. While Samsung pokes fun at the Apple fanboys standing in lines I can see Apple coming back with us hitting the F5 and then waiting on shipping lol.

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
16GB, no bumper. Ordered 11:32a ET, immediately got confirmation email. Since then, nothing. DC area.

Time to modify expectations here since it's obvious it isn't happening. I'm hopeful that I'll have it by Thanksgiving.

I do plan on calling and asking for a refund of the shipping cost since others will get theirs way before me despite me being one of the first.

cluckkillerb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My credit card was charged yesterday morning, but my order status hasn't changed at all; I ordered a 8gig without a bumper at 8:33am on Tuesday. I hope their order tracking system is just delayed and it shows up today or tomorrow...

Jay Lee

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got the email saying that

Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We?ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.

I may cancel it..

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We?ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.

I may cancel it..

Anyone further that gets this e-mail, can you say your location as well?

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Least some of yours are coming up. I am guessing mine will be later today...but nothing so far. Bought at 2:24PM EST. Got e-mail notification right away it was accepted. Just a waiting game. Wish everyone had theirs by tomorrow...but monday and tue seem more likely. Just sad. 2 day goes to almost a full week of waiting.

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I may cancel it..
I would be willing to bet that US orders will see the exact same email very shortly.

That sucks.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I may cancel it..

Got the same email, I placed my order on 11/13 at 2pm ET. I am in Boston USA.
This sucks big time!

ijonbrown

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I just got the "screw you its back ordered" email. I ordered mine on the 13th at 1:30pm so I guess I got on the back end of the orders. I need a phone now though so I may end up canceling and looking at other options. Man this sucks!!

Paulo82

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
DAMN IT! Just got this email:

"Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks."

I purchased the phone less than 5 minutes after they started selling it =(

sumpunk85

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Just got an email from the Google play store. I purchased the 16gb Nexus 4 at 12:15 on the 13th. I received the confirmation and had the status of shipping date of the 15th.

This was the email:
" Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We?ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.

To check the status of your order at any time, visit the link below: https://wallet.google.com/manage/#transactions

If you would prefer to cancel your order, please reply to this email and our team will assist you. Or you can cancel your order using our online tool. Please follow the instructions found here:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2423477

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you again for your order.

Thanks,
The Google Play Team "

WTF! Now they are choosing who to place on backorder no matter of a confirmation or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000