New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Realistically, They have until Saturday to start shipping it in order to guarantee we get it in that 3-5 day window. Why they do not deliver on saturday, they will transport it. If by Tuesday nothing is recevied, I think it is safe to say we were "screwed"

Almost seems like a Tuesday release was very strategic b.c it gives them the weekend to start shipping the packages and still be on schedule. If they did Monday orders, they would have been refunding lots of people.

gizmoguy19

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ordered at 11:32 EST and no shipping email, no back order email, wallet still says pending, no charge to CC. Called customer service, they have nothing more than what we can see on our accounts.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Here are my up-to-the-second statuses of my order which was placed from NYC area at 11:35am EST on November 13, 2012:
View attachment 46720

I'm in NYC. Why is your order so cheap for a 16GB?!?

How is your tax cheaper in the same damn city?!?
sa4a7e6e.jpg

Either your aren't really inside NYC's five boroughs or you have some magical Tax Gnome hooking you up. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
What irritates me more than anything is the fact that Google has not responded in any way shape or form to let people know whats going on. We get different answers from CSR when we call. It seems to me Google has no idea whats going on or how to handle it.

Cyacene

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am in limbo.

Order pending, shipping on the 15th, no ups my way email, cc charge is pending, no contact from google, no package at my front door.

F5

Enviii

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

My tax was $33! WTF? How is your tax cheaper in the same damn city?!?

Either your aren't really inside NYC's five boroughs or you have some magical Tax Gnome hooking you up. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7

That's NJ tax. 7%.

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

My tax was $33! WTF? How is your tax cheaper in the same damn city?!?

Does Secaucus, NJ count as NYC area? Sorry man. I only state NYC area to mean east-coast time zone and north-east region.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Grrrr I keep getting emails from Google wallet confirming my wawa purchases...they are toying with me! I keep seeing that M flash in my notification bar and see its from Google wallet and my heart jumps thinking its concerning my Nexus 4

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

daragh

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Google says shipping Monday, two-day

I completed my order at 8:41PT from Chicago, with about five minutes of trying.

Have the same information on the store as others are seeing, even up to this morning. Expected either a box or an update with a tracking number on the 15th - received neither.

Called Google, waited ten minutes to speak to someone (because there were thousands of other jokers trying to ask about this I'm sure.)

Here is what I learned: they are overwhelmed with the demand. The 15th was the original target to start shipping, but it could take up to three days longer. He asked if I had gotten a back order email, so if you haven't, then wait for the shipped email. I didn't ask for a refund on shipping, he didn't offer one.

I'm looking forward to receiving my box mid next week. Having been on the other end of this I know how difficult it is to ramp up for occasional releases. I am giving Google a pass because they put out great product and will learn from this, although I admit it might not be my position had I received a back order email. I believe they could have handled it better with a request period and/or a lottery for the first wave, letting us know in advance, like what happened for the Pebble.

At this point I'm going to enjoy the excitement of waiting, like I did every December as a kid, and believe Google-Claus will be kind to us good little children...

Cheers!

byroad4

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke to the CSR. He says mine is in the final "Processing Stage". He claims I "should" get my tracking info no later than close of business today. That would mean for me I'll get it Tuesday and good news I'll be out of town.
My stats
Ordered 11:38 am CST "Texas"
Play says Shipping est 15th
Wallet order received 13th
Conformation email = yes
Shipping email = no
My UPS email = no
Back order = no
Charge still pending at the bank

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Does Secaucus, NJ count as NYC area? Sorry man. I only state NYC area to mean east-coast time zone and north-east region.

Two completely different cities & states with completely different tax codes. But I get what you're saying. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke to the CSR. He says mine is in the final "Processing Stage". He claims I "should" get my tracking info no later than close of business today. That would mean for me I'll get it Tuesday and good news I'll be out of town.
My stats
Ordered 11:38 am CST "Texas"
Play says Shipping est 15th
Wallet order received 13th
Conformation email = yes
Shipping email = no
My UPS email = no
Back order = no
Charge still pending at the bank

Nice story by the CSR, did you ask him for a bed time story? its useless calling these CSR's bro. They don't know the definition of customer service. Any f**king stranger walking on the road would give the same reply "Yes, did you get a back order email, if not, you are on the safe side, thanks for calling google customer service, please help me in getting 5 points in my customer service survey." Seriously pissed off..

Antonio Song

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just wanted to share my experience,

I made my order on November 13, 2012 8:43:02 AM UTC-8 for Nexus 4 16GB.
Google Play says: Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012
Google Wallet transaction PENDING.

I got irritated and emailed the Google Play Help, and they replied back in 10 minutes, saying this.

Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15.

Upon receiving your shipping confirmation email, you'll be given a tracking number that will assist you in determining your package's estimated delivery date. Please note that it might take up to 24 hours before the tracking number returns any information.

For more information on shipping and delivery, please see this article in our help center:
Shipping & delivery - Google Play Help.

Now, it's November 16th, I didn't get anything, and none of the status changed.
I'm just like, mindblown.

I'm contacting them again right now, and gonna see what they say.

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
wanted to make another note. Even though I got a notice from UPS My Choice indicating a tracking number with scheduled delivery of today, there is no tracking information showing on UPS's page-- only that a label has been printed. Maybe UPS tracking system is totally clogged/behind, but more likely I will get the phone monday or tuesday, depending on where it's shipped from. Also, the order is still showing as 'Pending' in Google Wallet. Play store's 'orders' page still showing Nov 15 as estimated shipping date. LOL. Thinking this may just be Google's idea of a c**k tease

JaxChris

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Look at the upside. From what others have been getting in those backorder emails, if those shipped toward the end of the first batch don't receive the device by Tuesday, Google will likely refund the shipping charge with a quick phone call or email.

So we get our phone a few days later, no biggie. We also spent 14$ less for it. Was already expected a Monday delivery when I ordered it, so waiting until Wed/Thu/Fri isn't that big of a deal.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams