New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My Est shipping is yesterday and Wallet still shows pending. I did receive the backorder email. Signed up for UPS MyChoice and nothing.

Lumias are sold out. TMO sells N4 for too much. Thanksgiving is next week. Someone just farted in the office and it smells like old cheese..

Can this day get any better?

robotate

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Interesting... no emails or any info, charge disappeared. I called them, and she told me it shipped and she would send me a followup email. I immediately received the tracking email and my status updated in wallet.

This was for one of 2 orders, very similar except the one I still have no info on included a bumper.

pedxing

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So I really have to wonder...how many of these devices were originally available? It sounds like less than 50,000 worldwide....maybe 10K for the US? That's noooothing. That's assuming your launch will fail utterly type of numbers. Any major phone release should be able to do 100,000 at least world wide.

What's the deal? Did they have some weird deal with LG that they would only subsidize the first few tens of thousands? What's a typical launch for a normal LG phone look like?

Andrew Newbaker

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I just received some good news. I ordered an 8GB N4 with bumper case @ 11:52 EST on the 13th and have still not received any tracking info. However, on the 14th I purchased a 16GB N10 which has shipped. So, I was getting worried until I checked out the status of my N10 at UPS and saw something wonderful:
View attachment 46753
Notice that it states that there are multiple packages. I only have two open orders with them, so I can assume what number 2 is. After signing up for UPS My Choice (Free) the estimated deliver date (Monday the 19th) appears for each Tracking Number.

Now, for the really good news for most of you. My google play store orders page for all 3 items still only show shipping estimates, the receipt for the phone and case still has not updated from the original "order received" status, and neither orders has been officially charged on my card.

Had I not ordered the N10, I would still not have any information about the N4. So, be hopeful as long as you haven't received the back order email!!

Cloudscout#WN

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My Est shipping is yesterday and Wallet still shows pending. I did receive the backorder email. Signed up for UPS MyChoice and nothing.

Lumias are sold out. TMO sells N4 for too much. Thanksgiving is next week. Someone just farted in the office and it smells like old cheese..

Can this day get any better?

Hehe.

I was thinking about getting a Lumia 920 but if I get one, I kind of want the yellow one. I also wanted to use a BBY gift card and BBY doesn't have the yellow ones in stock locally. I'm thinking about the One X+ as well although I was hoping to get the N4 first to see if I was going to be happy with it in spite of the lack of LTE.

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hehe.

I was thinking about getting a Lumia 920 but if I get one, I kind of want the yellow one. I also wanted to use a BBY gift card and BBY doesn't have the yellow ones in stock locally. I'm thinking about the One X+ as well although I was hoping to get the N4 first to see if I was going to be happy with it in spite of the lack of LTE.

Best Buy sells for too much out of contract. Sucks too... LTE is not available in my town (25 miles from downtown Houston go figure) or my work (again 25 miles from downtown Houston). I turned it off on my iPhone 5 to save battery.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
WTF, my charge has disappeared from my account... Um... ???
I ordered at 8:37:05 AM PST.

Wallet still says pending, and My Orders and Settings in the Play Store still has Nov. 15th shipping date

8:37 is your problem. Us who ordered early seem to be getting the shaft

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Tinmania

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I hate to sound like a broken record but you really need to sign up for the free UPS MyChoice account. You can manage your deliveries with it... including the option to have them hold the package for you at any UPS Store so you don't have to drive to the actual UPS shipping depot.
I signed up for My Choice last night--thanks. Sure enough when I awoke this morning there was an email saying I would receive it today. HOWEVER, estimated delivery time is between 3PM and 7PM. I was going to use My Choice to have the N4 held at the shipping facility but I figured with my luck it would screw something up. I am supposed to leave tonight for the weekend and really didn't want to be hanging around till 7PM (when my iPad 3 arrived btw). I hope it comes early.

Michael

ajw20

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Just got my tracking number. It makes me feel bad for those that got put on backorder since my order didn't go through until 1:35 PM eastern.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
8:37 is your problem. Us who ordered early seem to be getting the shaft

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

If you look through what others have posted, that is b.c the bank removes the hold after a certain period of time. Google wallet should still say pending, which means it could ship to day and still be charged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674