New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got my shipping email and have still not heard a peep from UPS MyChoice. I think you only get emails like day before delivery, morning of delivery, according to the status updates that I have checked.
Hmm, well that UPS MyChoice is supposed to work where AS SOON as any shipment label has the address you signed up with, your supposed to get an immediate email notification. Then of course you will get more as the shipment is tracking along. If this is not how it works, then UPS MyChoice is a pretty useless tool, IMO.
I heard someone post that Googe <-> UPS has had some communication problems lately, but if UPS has the label/shipment, then that statement makes 0 sense.

Dunno... sounds like UPS is on the same Google "Notify Me" code... LMAO! (ie. never send an email!)

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
One sentence for all of those who are waiting for the phone just like me

"Disappointment happens when you expect too much, forget about it for a while and be happy with the regular life "

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, well that UPS MyChoice is supposed to work where AS SOON as any shipment label has the address you signed up with, your supposed to get an immediate email notification. Then of course you will get more as the shipment is tracking along. If this is not how it works, then UPS MyChoice is a pretty useless tool, IMO.
I heard someone post that Googe <-> UPS has had some communication problems lately, but if UPS has the label/shipment, then that statement makes 0 sense.

Dunno... sounds like UPS is on the same Google "Notify Me" code... LMAO! (ie. never send an email!)

Yeah That what I thought as well. So far its proven to be pretty worthless. Guess it would be good to change shipping locations and shipping instructions, etc.

Rhythm Irish

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
First time poster but have been following this thread since its inception.

Based in the UK, I just had a knock at the door and a pleasant surprise - a TNT delivery man carrying a package, my NEXUS 4 16GB!!!!:eek:

I ordered on Tuesday and other than the intial confirmation, have had no communication from Google - nothing!!

The moral of this story - chin up guys! It might still happen!

Peace.

P.s. This phone is AWESOOMMME BOOM :cool:

slvrevoix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Still in "limbo"

Ordered 8:33:44, 16gb, no bumper, no shipping, google wallet still pending.

But I have a ton of homework this weekend so i'm glad I haven't gotten it yet lol :D

Cloudscout#WN

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

It has worked well for me in the past but anecdotal evidence here suggests that it's failing to do its job now.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Its crazy every time I hear a loud truck coming down my street I hop up and check out the window thinking it could be UPS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
for those of you with shipping confirmations and my choice accounts, if you don't want to wait until monday and don't mind driving to your local will call center (not necessarily the nearest UPS store) you can request will call and most likely pick your device up tomorrow.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I never received the first email but supposed to arrive today.

PlayStore customer service is open 24/7; give them a call just to annoy them and let them know you are monitoring the situation.

I have not received any emails at all - not even the initial order confirmation (see my post http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ification-tracking-number-25.html#post2331727). I just called at about 3:00AM Eastern and was told that my N4s should ship today and arrive Monday but I honestly think that was jut typical CS "tell them what they want to hear and they will go away" talk.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
for those of you with shipping confirmations and my choice accounts, if you don't want to wait until monday and don't mind driving to your local will call center (not necessarily the nearest UPS store) you can request will call and most likely pick your device up tomorrow.
How does that work if it's still in transit? Right now mine says it's in KY, but how do I know it will be here in GA by tomorrow to pick it up??

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Almost the exact same story. You beat me by a minute. The "Add to cart" caught me off guard as well. Phone should be here any minute.

I've been watching this thread ever since the 13th and I thought I would go ahead and share my experience.
On the 13th, I sat on the Google Play store with the Nexus 4 up and ready to go whenever it went live. I practiced buying a Nexus 7 just to make sure all my information was already filled in and so that I would know just how many clicks it would take in order for me to secure my Nexus 4 16gb. Starting at around 7:00 AM EST I monitored the store refreshing every few minutes; no extensions or anything, just hitting the refresh button. Finally at around 11:32 AM EST I saw that it was live and I actually did a double take because I thought they would go on sale around 12 like everyone else.
My purchase was relatively easy. I didn't have any lag problems with the store and I only suffered one minor hiccup. I hit add to cart as soon as I saw it and the store took me to the cart but it was empty. I hit the back button then added it to my cart again and it was there. I hit my address and card information and confirmed everything. It was the fasted 384$ I had ever spent. But besides the first tiny issue, I had no problems at all. I got a confirmation email just a few minutes later and now my UPS status says that it will be delivered today(11-16-12). Overall I haven't had any issues. I placed my order with no issues and they took my money with no issues.
Sorry for the novel I just wrote. Here are some additional details just in case.
I am in Northern GA, about 2 hours north of Atlanta.
I placed my order at 11:33 and 13 seconds Eastern time and received the confirmation email at 11:34.
My package started in Kentucky, went to Tennessee, then to Atlanta and is now in Roswell for delivery.
I hope this helps you guys!

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
How does that work if it's still in transit? Right now mine says it's in KY, but how do I know it will be here in GA by tomorrow to pick it up??

because the device has to arrive at a local distribution center in order for it to be put on a truck monday morning. it will go to the distribution center no matter what delivery option you have so it will most likely get to that center by tonight or early tomorrow morning (assuming it shipped this morning)

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Good thought but just called UPS and they said no dice. Mine was shipped late this morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech