New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had ordered 2, 1 by accident. I got an email this morning from Google telling me to cancel one if this was an error. In the email was this sentence: Note that all orders not canceled within the next 24 hours will be processed and shipped.

My take: it won't ship until tomorrow.

Ditto. I think I got that email about canceling because I accidentally ordered two bumpers. I canceled one of the bumpers within minutes of my N4 order. Should ship out tonight/tomorrow, or within the 3-5 business days it says.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's my guess too. I called Google Playstore about 20mins ago and asked he said that I didn't have a Tracking# yet, but it should be assigned either today or tomorrow. And then the phone will ship. Only thing is I'm out of town starting next Tuesday for a week, so if I don't get it Monday, I'm fcked! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I asked if I can have the shipping address altered to my parent's, since that's where our family is going next week, but he said no, because the address that is picked initially in Google Wallet is what is "automatically" passed to UPS immediately during the ordering process. Only way he said, maybe, is once I get my tracking#, to call UPS and see if they can re-route. Hmmm... Doesn't sound promising :( F ME!

Yea this blows, I got that email too. ALTHOUGH the email was delivered to my at 11PM CT LAST NIGHT, Nov. 13. SO I'm still hoping that the device could ship out today. But it's not promising.

aaridici

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Check your order details, does it say 3-5 business days delivery for you as well on your confirmation email? 5th business day is Monday. If Google delivers as promised - and they somewhat tend to - you should get it by Monday.

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea this blows, I got that email too. ALTHOUGH the email was delivered to my at 11PM CT LAST NIGHT, Nov. 13. SO I'm still hoping that the device could ship out today. But it's not promising.

I checked the same thing a moment ago, and while true, it is after when UPS/FedEx accept shipments, so technically it is the next day.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I checked the same thing a moment ago, and while true, it is after when UPS/FedEx accept shipments, so technically it is the next day.

well the only thing that may make me doubt that, is that I checked my GNex order from June and noticed that the pickup email was sent to me at around 11pm the next day. SO maybe there's hope? I DID successfully cancel all my orders except for the one Nexus 4 I need so I'm hoping that maybe they see that and ship out what is there.

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
well the only thing that may make me doubt that, is that I checked my GNex order from June and noticed that the pickup email was sent to me at around 11pm the next day. SO maybe there's hope? I DID successfully cancel all my orders except for the one Nexus 4 I need so I'm hoping that maybe they see that and ship out what is there.

I'm going with Monday, and anything better would be a win. I won't get my hopes up, especially since I scored a phone. I can wait an additional 48 hours or so.

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We were made the scape goats by google. Google, please realize that even though you sell your products for a low price, customer service matters the most. This is not the way i expected things to happen. Paid 17$ for a 7 day shipping? At least have the courtesy to send a confirmation email that you have received the order and its in process. This pending status sucks big time, i doubt if its processed or its still pending, my cc has been charged. Damn... first time i ordered something from playstore, and it turns out to be a miserable experience. I waited for 20 mins to get the iphone, but enjoyed everybit of standing in the line, it was definitely not like this wait where i am not sure if i will see light at the end of the tunnel.

couldn't disagree with you more. $13 for shipping is not bad and it specifically told you 3-5 business days. Next you'll start complaining that Sunday should be a business day because they are so busy. Settle down - it'll be ok. It's a phone.

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
N4.jpg
I would take this to mean mine isn't estimated to even leave Google until tomorrow, Nov. 15th. If correct that means I won't get it until Monday earliest. Only chance I have of getting it Friday or Saturday is if it ships today...

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It would be cool to see a live view of Google's warehouse to see if they're actually doing anything with the N4's or just sitting around playing Galaga... (yes, I know they work hard at Google, I'm just a little frazzled like everyone else waiting for shipping notifications)

Let's hope they're not like those idiot walmart employees and throwing our Nexus 4s around the back room! Haha

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

aaridici

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Seeing the difference between our "Completed' ones and mgiusto's estimated shipping date ones, I wonder if the very first orders actually shipped but the tracking info not released yet...

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Seeing the difference between our "Completed' ones and mgiusto's estimated shipping date ones, I wonder if the very first orders actually shipped but the tracking info not released yet...

considering the "Notify Me" email never went out, I wouldn't bet that the shipping emails go out late. A lot of companies send out those emails much later in the day anyway.

aaridici

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you. Most of the companies send the "shipped" emails out late. That's actually not a bad thing because usually the tracking numbers don't work for the first 8 hours or so. They prevent you from refreshing the tracking page 1000+ per hour :D Again, of course, I might just be too hopeful to think that they already shipped the first batch. I am not sure why this shipping thing is such an obsession. I guess shopping online (which I prefer and like) lacks the satisfying feeling that comes with a product in hand.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you. Most of the companies send the "shipped" emails out late. That's actually not a bad thing because usually the tracking numbers don't work for the first 8 hours or so. They prevent you from refreshing the tracking page 1000+ per hour :D Again, of course, I might just be too hopeful to think that they already shipped the first batch. I am not sure why this shipping thing is such an obsession. I guess shopping online (which I prefer and like) lacks the satisfying feeling that comes with a product in hand.

What do you exactly mean by the first batch? US, UK or Australia? I placed the order at 11.42 am est, and status still shows pending... i don't even have complete.

aaridici

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I mean they might have partitioned the stocks. For example, the first 10,000 phones in the US could be a separate batch that got shipped. I have noticed that what the people who see "completed" under status column have in common is that they ordered shortly after 11:30. Maybe the first XXX number of phones sold in 5 minutes or 10 minutes. It would make sense if the Google has organized the shipments. The number of trucks they had available might have been an issue. They might have filled the first party of trucks and labelled those orders as "completed" and that may be why the rest are pending.

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
considering the "Notify Me" email never went out, I wouldn't bet that the shipping emails go out late. A lot of companies send out those emails much later in the day anyway.

Here's a quote from the email I got from Google confirming my order: "Order date: Nov 13, 2012 11:35:14 AM EST"
I would think I had to be in that initial batch of "first to order". I had the Auto Refresh Plus extension in Chrome running and as soon as I saw the [Add to Cart] button appear I was on that like white on rice...