New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

G__ROW

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I emailed Google about my order and got this in reply:
Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15.

meringues

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think it says "Delivered in 3-5 business days" in the Play Store, which means it takes 1-3 days processing + 2-day shipping. If Google manages to ship the phones out soon enough, we can still hope to get it by Friday.

Yeah, I think this is it. Google is saying the 15th because they're not sure when they'll get 'em out. I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to get a nice chunk of the orders out today and tomorrow (=exceeding expectations). They're trying to manage expectations most probably.

In short... 3-5 business days so 99% of us will get the phone either on Friday or Monday.

Manage your own expectations and expect Monday. If it comes then, you'll be happy. If it comes earlier, you'll be even happier. I'm just going to be happy when mine actually ships so I know I actually have one. :)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused by the 3-5 day shipping in the play store when it says Two Day Shipping in Google Wallet.

playstore DONT say 3-5 day shipping. It says 3-5 days delivery. check again

shipping is 2 days. and their preparation to send takes 1-3 days. so total 3-5 days

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet and I ordered 14 hours or so ago. Quite atrocious really that shipping costs ?10 yet there seems to be no attempt whatsoever to actually ship it, whatsmore it's then 2 days when it does ship meaning Google have quite a markup on the shipping price in the UK.

Shark87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the shipping cost is definitely disappointing. I honestly don't mind if it takes 3-5 days between getting the order shipped and delivered, but why so much?

tawfiqmp

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Was one of the first to order around 10:34 AM CST - and mine says november 15th delivery.

1pUUG

Larswa

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
tawfiqmp - what does the status say under the Google Play "My Orders" page? Mine says "Pre-Ordered" (I ordered it about an hour ago), and I don't like that expression.

On the Google Wallet page my order says "Your order has been sent to Google" ... It also mentions 2-day shipping just not WHEN it will ship. What does your order from this earlier today say?

Untitled.png

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing Tuesday. When I ordered the Galaxy Nexus from the play store it took about five business days. It would be nice to get it sooner but I'm not counting on it. i'm just glad I was able to get my order in before they sold out or started having problems.

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I love internet shopping because I don't have to leave my cave... I hate it because there is no instant gratification of coming home with something new. I purchased mine at 10:39AM CST so hopefully I'll have it by Friday, if not I might die from excessive amounts of anticipation over the weekend.

cluckkillerb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Can't speak for the UK, but in the US $14 for UPS 2 day air is a bargain.

Not if it takes 6 days to receive it. 3-5 day priority mail in a flat rate box would be half the price, and at least they deliver on Saturdays... Oh well not much I can do about it now, and I guess it could be worst since I actually got to order one.

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
depends, if on sat you track it and i happens to be in your city, try calling the local distribution center and pick it up yourself...

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My order shows that it will take up to 2 business days to process the order and I will receive an email confirmation and tracking number when it is shipped. I don't expect to get anything tonight but can always hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome