New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh Lord, looks like another N7 fiasco with those who ordered the accessory not getting their order sent till later. The OEM case for the N7 held orders up for a few days, looks like a trend showing the same things here. Ugh, sorry guys.

This is why I decided not to order the bumper...2 items going to 1 location? Now that's too much to process : /

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
This is why I decided not to order the bumper...2 items going to 1 location? Now that's too much to process : /

I never got a definitive answer on that one either, I ordered one with the case a week before announcement (for the wife, my I/O model is still kicking for me) and it took forever, like longer than the retail units to be delivered.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI I did check the box to pre-load my info, I did not order a bumper, I put my order at 11:31 EST, I was charged the same day, the status on play store was "Confirmed" after an hour or so and it never said "Shipping Estimate" and I did receive my shipping notice today at 4:42 AM EST.

I forgot all about that (preloading info). I did that with the N7 and it didn't seem to make a difference. I didn't do it this time because i was so focused on just getting my order through. It seems to be random just like the N7 and other Google play orders.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Yep. That's exactly why I didn't order the bumper. I knew it would cause problems but what's the excuse for delaying my one, single, solitary Nexus 4 when they've already charged me and got $400 of my cash?! :confused:

:mad:

Sent from my Nexus 7

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
This is incredibly annoying, I can't think of any reason that they would do this. People are having multiple devices sent in the same order so why is device+bumper too difficult. Only logical explanation is that they're struggling for stock, I only know of one instance where a bumper has been shipped, but many where the bumper is standalone in an order and hasn't been sent.

In hindsight I should have avoided ordering the bumper, but I shouldn't have to regret it.

Clone9

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered at 11:34:33 EST and did NOT order a bumper....and I haven't heard anything since the confirmation email. Therefore, I don't think the bumper thing is true.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Located in NY, ordered my 16GB with no bumper on 11/13 11:34 AM EST, received tracking information on 11/15 4:36 AM EST, was able to successfully track it on UPS on 11/15 12:11 PM EST coming out of Louisville, KY. Says its shipping 2 day air.

does it show an estimated delivery date? I received shipping notice this morning but it has yet to show anything on the ups website.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Got this same email when I reached out to the Play Store this morning. Praying for Friday, expecting Monday.

I'm in Miami, FL.

Im in fort lauderdale. Spoke to rep yesterday and they said 15th as well. Hopefully we will receive ours same day. Either friday or monday. More than likely monday though

nachinc

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a rep. The transactions are still in pending status on my chase account as well as on google play. They said by end of business the transaction should be processed, they 2 day ship. We are looking at tuesday at the earliest, not monday. They dont do sat delivery

pedxing

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Houston and ordered at 10:36 am cst, got the confirmation email 28 minutes later. Got the shopping email with tracking number at 3 am this morning. No info still on ups. Ordered the 16 gb n4 and nothing else.

Really hoping for a shipping source in Texas! That would be awesome. There are only three likely choices... Houston, Austin, Dallas. All less than a few hours!

I'm also subscribed to the ups alerts and nothing from them yet either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I ordered at 11:34:33 EST and did NOT order a bumper....and I haven't heard anything since the confirmation email. Therefore, I don't think the bumper thing is true.
Ditto here.. One of the first couple mins to order on Tuesday on EST and still not a dayum thing. Just 'Shipping Estimated: Nov 15'.. C'mon Google???? WTF??? This is just downright ridiculous now :mad:

pprichar

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Same thing for me. Order placed:
Nov 13, 2012 12:00:31 PM
Used chase and got a fraud warning. Fixed it and still says preordered. Oh well maybe I'll end up keeping this i5 :/

Gah. Mine still says "Pre-Ordered". Ordered mine at 11:36 EST. The only email I've received so far is the order confirmation. I've gotten absolutely nothing about shipping whatsoever.

View attachment 46510

This is so annoying. Got half of the equation already (Straight Talk MicroSIM). Now all I need is the phone.

Ladeef

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got this email after an inquiry.

Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15.

Upon receiving your shipping confirmation email, you'll be given a tracking number that will assist you in determining your package's estimated delivery date. Please note that it might take up to 24 hours before the tracking number returns any information.

xcommando

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same thing for me. Order placed:
Nov 13, 2012 12:00:31 PM
Used chase and got a fraud warning. Fixed it and still says preordered. Oh well maybe I'll end up keeping this i5 :/
Funny I got a chase fraud call too as soon as I ordered yet it didn't include that charge just other random ones. Also I ordered at 8:33am PST, a 16gb and a bumper. When I got home the following night there were two bumpers in my google play orders page yet the wallet info page still stated I ordered the phone and the bumper. I called just to verify and the guy told me it was because the phone is sold out and that the bumper was a placeholder. He said he didn't know when new ones would arrive either just soon. I asked why that was when I ordered within the first few minutes, literally, and he just said "You and everybody else." Still no shipping email.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
For those trying to reach google through customer service and email...

View attachment 46521View attachment 46523View attachment 46524

Just got this email after an inquiry.

Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15.

Upon receiving your shipping confirmation email, you'll be given a tracking number that will assist you in determining your package's estimated delivery date. Please note that it might take up to 24 hours before the tracking number returns any information.

Dude... i already posted it a few posts above... check it and be happy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2