New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify...

Google wallet status: Pending
Google play status :Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012
Ordered at 1:06 on Tuesday.
I got a backorder e-mail.

Do I have hope, lol!

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone with UPS MyChoice have a tracking #, yet their Play Store says est. ship date Nov. 15?

Did anyone with two orders get the backorder e-mail more than once?

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't you? its free
I moved to this apartment 2-3 months ago and when it pulls the security questions to confirm "My" identity, it's people/streets I don't know. Must be someone else with my name or something.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I got it about an hour after I signed up. They sent an email about 10 mintues after I signed up telling me my account was made. Then about an hour later the email I posted came through. That was from UPS My Choice.

Does UPS mychoice send an email notification? or did you find the info on UPS website?

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Many f***rs on ebay are posting 8GB for $549 and 16 GB for $639... i wish those phones break even before they reach them... seriously pissed off with these middle men..

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would sign up for UPS My Choice. If you don't get an email with a tracking number within an hour or two (I signed up and never put in tracking information, only address and they emailed me with the tracking number) then you are probably back ordered for real.

Just to clarify...

Do I have hope, lol!

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I just signed up for UPS My Choice tonight ( Free account not the $40 premium one ) but haven't gotten an email yet. I imagine it would take some time to populate my registration in the system though.

UPS My Choice should not be relied on solely for those signed up. I'm signed up, completed the background check and everything yet a package coming UPS Ground from Amazon, in transit due to be delivered on Tuesday, still isn't showing up via UPS My Choice! It's been in the UPS system since Tuesday!
anaqe9uq.jpg

I have the tracking number and everything yet UPS My Choice doesn't see it and alert me so don't think that system is foolproof either.

Well, I'm right back where I started: in limbo with no way of knowing what's going on with my order/shipment... :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was blown away that Google allowed for more than two per person/card. Then again, don't believe they care much about these devices. This isn't about money for them, it's publicity. They don't seem to care about our experience at all. Had this been ad words we may have had a different outcome.

Many f***rs on ebay are posting 8GB for $549 and 16 GB for $639... i wish those phones break even before they reach them... seriously pissed off with these middle men..

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering about that. However, it showed up after an hour or so for me. Can't win them all...

UPS My Choice should not be relied on solely for those signed up. I'm signed up, completed the background check and everything yet a package coming UPS Ground from Amazon, in transit due to be delivered on Tuesday, still isn't showing up via UPS My Choice! It's been in the UPS system since Tuesday!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/16/anaqe9uq.jpg
I have the tracking number and everything yet UPS My Choice doesn't see it and alert me so don't think that system is foolproof either.

Well, I'm right back where I started: in limbo with no way of knowing what's going on with my order/shipment... :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Still no mychoice e-mail, no backorder e-mail, no shipping confirmation, 11/15 date, and pending status. Makes ZERO sense.

See my above post: UPS My Choice isn't completely reliable in alerting you to an incoming package so don't get worked up if you didn't get an email from that either.

If you get an email, great! If not, don't think it's definite that no package is coming. It still might be! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I really wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow my UPS guy delivers the package and I have rcvd no word of anything but a confirmation.. lol.

Then again, that probably will not happen... but I wouldn't leave it out of the question... logistical nightmare.

meringues

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
See my above post: UPS My Choice isn't completely reliable in alerting you to an incoming package so don't get worked up if you didn't get an email from that either.

If you hey an email, great. If not, don't think it's definite that no package is coming. It still might be! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yeah, it's usually been reliable for me in the past, but I wouldn't rule that out. Seems like a system bound to miss a shipment here and there.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I really wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow my UPS guy delivers the package and I have rcvd no word of anything but a confirmation.. lol.

Then again, that probably will not happen... but I wouldn't leave it out of the question... logistical nightmare.

Agreed. It would be great but I'm not counting on it.

Google really shat the bed with this one. :thumbdown:

Sent from my Nexus 7

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

This will probably happen to lots of people (seriously)...I wouldn't put it past Google for them to not even know if it shipped and then you have it in your hand.

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify...

Do I have hope, lol!

from my understanding, the backorder email does not mean exactly a 3 week wait. It just means that google will not be able to honor their 3-5 business days turn around.
So, it may take up to 3 weeks, but you probably wont get it before wed next week. My guess out of thin air, is either late next week to sometime in the first week of december. Also remember, thanks giving will be slowing shipping to a crawl....
But as a benefit, i cant imagine google will not have more stock for black friday....

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got an e-mail from a Google CSR: Sounds like they COULD be shipping more out up until the 17th.

Hello *************,

Thank you for contacting The Google Play Team.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. I have reviewed your account. Any orders that receive a shipping confirmation email by November 17th are not on backorder.

Thanks,