New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to successfully get an email to a CSR over there? I keep getting that lame automated email and i'm not able to call at the moment.

not sure if you can w/o calling. I called then got an email from the rep I spoke to. I have just been replying to that email.

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, my bank account charge is still pending. I have NOT:
1. Received a shipping email
2. Gotten a projected ship date
3. Gotten out of pre-order status on Play Store
4. Received a back-order email

I ordered 1 N4, 16GB, no bumper. 11:34am EST (Florida)

I am IDENTICAL to everything you posted above except for "11:35am EST (NYC)" Everything else matches exactly.

Dean Williams

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same here.

Williamsport Pa

Well, my bank account charge is still pending. I have NOT:
1. Received a shipping email
2. Gotten a projected ship date
3. Gotten out of pre-order status on Play Store
4. Received a back-order email

I ordered 1 N4, 16GB, no bumper.

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Same. It's almost as the early orders went into some sort of purgatory and didn't get marked for shipping. And by the time they realized it all of the inventory was earmarked for other users.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been watching this thread ever since the 13th and I thought I would go ahead and share my experience.
On the 13th, I sat on the Google Play store with the Nexus 4 up and ready to go whenever it went live. I practiced buying a Nexus 7 just to make sure all my information was already filled in and so that I would know just how many clicks it would take in order for me to secure my Nexus 4 16gb. Starting at around 7:00 AM EST I monitored the store refreshing every few minutes; no extensions or anything, just hitting the refresh button. Finally at around 11:32 AM EST I saw that it was live and I actually did a double take because I thought they would go on sale around 12 like everyone else.
My purchase was relatively easy. I didn't have any lag problems with the store and I only suffered one minor hiccup. I hit add to cart as soon as I saw it and the store took me to the cart but it was empty. I hit the back button then added it to my cart again and it was there. I hit my address and card information and confirmed everything. It was the fasted 384$ I had ever spent. But besides the first tiny issue, I had no problems at all. I got a confirmation email just a few minutes later and now my UPS status says that it will be delivered today(11-16-12). Overall I haven't had any issues. I placed my order with no issues and they took my money with no issues.
Sorry for the novel I just wrote. Here are some additional details just in case.
I am in Northern GA, about 2 hours north of Atlanta.
I placed my order at 11:33 and 13 seconds Eastern time and received the confirmation email at 11:34.
My package started in Kentucky, went to Tennessee, then to Atlanta and is now in Roswell for delivery.
I hope this helps you guys!

Thanks for the info.

I am in Atlanta and ordered at 11:34 and 6 seconds EST and have not received a shipping notice or a back ordered email. If it does not ship today, I will cancel my order. This has been the worst communication I have ever experienced when ordering a product.....anywhere.

It may be over reacting, but why should I give someone my business who I have zero faith in? At least with apple I know when I order what my shipping time will be.

I'm south of Atlanta. I ordered at 11:38 and 17 seconds EST. I recieved the comfirmation but no backorder or shipping infomation as of right now. This is pretty much the same thing that has happened to me when I've ordered from Google before. I'm tempted to call them but, I'm not sure it will matter. I ordered a Nexus 10 32GB and a Neuxs 4 16GB. I wonder if ordering two different devices has anything to do with it, who knows.

rodneyw1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
OK, So I just got up. California here. Is the consensus that if we are in that "Shipping estimate November 15" and our credit card still shows "pending" and we haven't received a backorder email that we are screwed? I ordered at 8:32 PST. I've always been iOS and decided to give android a try. What a first experience this is.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a 16gb with bumper at 11:49 est. Got confirmation email on 13th. Since then nothing. No shipping, no back order email just the play store still saying expected to ship on the 15th.

I emailed Google this morning with no response yet. Getting just a bit frustrated.

Check your bank account... if you have not been charged and your money is back, then congrats ... you are on back order

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
I checked last night and my account that was still pending on my card disappeared, play store said shipping nov. 15th, wallet said pending. this morning the pending charge is back along with a $1 pending wallet still says pending and play store still says shipping was for yesterday. I can't get a straight answer from anyone even through my channels.

Just for clarification, I ordered a 16g with bumper, got a confirmation email and nothing since. ordered at 11:36EST

Last edited:

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
useless to post but...

ordered at 11:45 EST on Tuesday
received confirmation email 30 min later
Amex shows pending since tuesday
no emails since.. ups mychoice shows nothing.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, So I just got up. California here. Is the consensus that if we are in that "Shipping estimate November 15" and our credit card still shows "pending" and we haven't received a backorder email that we are screwed? I ordered at 8:32 PST. I've always been iOS and decided to give android a try. What a first experience this is.

I'm not sure we're screwed but probably not getting anything until next week. Hopefully.

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Email confirmation 30 min after I ordered (didn't even know it went through). No shipping/tracking confirmation. I still show as "Shipping Estimate: November 15" in Google Wallet. Wallet confirmation attached. No word from Google has me worried, gonna have to follow up EOD for at least some news. Sigh, I went through this with the N7 too :(

View attachment 46714

nastark

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone w/ Google support (after 20+ minute wait), and the guy I talked to is still sticking to the story that if you haven't gotten a backorder email yet, then the order should be going out. He claimed there were lots of UPS tracking information emails going out today still, and that if I haven't gotten an email by Saturday that I should call back and they would look more deeply into the order status.

Who knows what information is accurate and what isn't at this point...guess all that can be done is to wait and see.

Kherlen

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 8:33 PST and still haven't gotten shipping confirmation nor back order email :(

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone w/ Google support (after 20+ minute wait), and the guy I talked to is still sticking to the story that if you haven't gotten a backorder email yet, then the order should be going out. He claimed there were lots of UPS tracking information emails going out today still, and that if I haven't gotten an email by Saturday that I should call back and they would look more deeply into the order status.

Who knows what information is accurate and what isn't at this point...guess all that can be done is to wait and see.

i would love if this was true.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I am IDENTICAL to everything you posted above except for "11:35am EST (NYC)" Everything else matches exactly.
same here 11:35 EST and I've got nothing. My order went through so perfect i thought for sure id be getting one. And now I'm siting here reading about people who ordered 10-15 min later than me getting theirs today. And i've gotten nothing but a confirmation email. I'm a little bummed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34