New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
STILL in limbo...

C'mon Google.... I like like how I was one of the first to order but one of the last to receive...

Still no reply to my email this morning either

Seriously getting angry now

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
yeah, they usually will make you wait until 1 failed delivery attempt before they let you pick them up.

Bingo.

Here's the smart play (which I usually do, but in this case--regrettably--did not):

1. Track down the physical address of the UPS distribution center/hub nearest to you.
2. When you place an order online, indicate a different delivery address (you can usually do this)
3. Use your name, but for your *address* use the UPS address. They will automatically hold the package there for your for 5 business days when it arrives
4. Pick it up at your leisure

Can't imagine why I didn't recall this when, upon my 149th page refresh, the keystroke resulted in the "available now" screen, and I started thrashing my keyboard like mad to secure an N4 prior to them selling out :p

Dan Strong

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
STILL in limbo...

C'mon Google.... I like like how I was one of the first to order but one of the last to receive...

Still no reply to my email this morning either

Seriously getting angry now

Right there with you. Not a single E-Mail received after the initial confirmation email. I'm getting tired of this.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Phone is out for delivery and the order went through at 8:34. It seems it's mixed. It shows that Google doesn't care about this project. This isn't their cash cow. That is why there is no big story. Investors aren't concerned about their pet projects. Look what happened when Apple screwed the pooch on the devices. There were stories everywhere. This is only written about on tech blogs. Had this been an issue with Ad Words or some other advertising thing Google does it would have been an issue.

Is it true that those of us who seem to be in limbo are those who ordered within the first few minutes? I'm at 8:32:47 PST

ptrcksmth

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine was leaving Louisville, KY around 12:30 pm today. I'm hoping to pick mine up tomorrow via will call. If it's not in tomorrow I'll pick it up at noon Monday.

kevhonda

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
11:36am (EST)..... still nothing status hasn't changed since Tuesday on Google's sites. I just want to know if I'm even getting one and if so a ballpark on shipping so I can make arrangements for someone to sign/pick it up. Called yesterday @ 5:00pm: CSR says "If you haven't recieved a backorder email yet your good, then checked my order and said I had a phone reserved it would be shipped asap" Called @ 12:30pm today: CSR can barely talk after every word he says "know what im sayin'", begins the sentence with "I understand your frustration" and procedes to tell me "We are trying to figure out if we have enough devices to send out to people who ordered the Nexus 4, they told us they will be sending emails out at 3:30pm EST and you will either get a backorder email or a tracking number know what im sayin'?"

2 CSRs one totally contradicting the other I just want to either find out any info what-so-ever so I can cancel the damn thing or make arrangements, this is pathetic I can't remember ever getting service from anywhere that was this bad EVER at the very least they should return shipping for everyone who actually got a phone from the first batch. Im really happy for those of you who got yours how about instead of posting "i got my phone" give us a taste of what we are missing post some details, if you like/dislike it should we all just cancel our orders now? :)

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You may not have noticed on My Choice but they only send out messages the day before. Check the notifications they have. This was mainly for people to check and see if they had orders coming today. If it is scheduled for Monday, the email would not have been sent yet.

BofA says charge is still pending right now, like it has been the past two days. Also, UPS My Choice didn't send me $#!t with any type of notice, so don't believe the hype that is UPS My Choice.

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
11:36am (EST)..... still nothing status hasn't changed since Tuesday on Google's sites. I just want to know if I'm even getting one and if so a ballpark on shipping so I can make arrangements for someone to sign/pick it up. Called yesterday @ 5:00pm: CSR says "If you haven't recieved a backorder email yet your good, then checked my order and said I had a phone reserved it would be shipped asap" Called @ 12:30pm today: CSR can barely talk after every word he says "know what im sayin'", begins the sentence with "I understand your frustration" and procedes to tell me "We are trying to figure out if we have enough devices to send out to people who ordered the Nexus 4, they told us they will be sending emails out at 3:30pm EST and you will either get a backorder email or a tracking number know what im sayin'?"

2 CSRs one totally contradicting the other I just want to either find out any info what-so-ever so I can cancel the damn thing or make arrangements, this is pathetic I can't remember ever getting service from anywhere that was this bad EVER at the very least they should return shipping for everyone who actually got a phone from the first batch. Im really happy for those of you who got yours how about instead of posting "i got my phone" give us a taste of what we are missing post some details, if you like/dislike it should we all just cancel our orders now? :)
If I get a backorder after ordering at 11:33a ET I'm gonna be pretty pissed and will take it out on some poor CSR supervisor.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I think I should get my shipping money refunded for my order in "limbo". Google said up to 2 additional business days for processing. Well 2 business days is over. Google didn't fulfill that part of their commitment, time to pay up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Fired off yet another email due to the lack of response to the one I sent over 4 hours ago...

Still no automated response ( might be a good thing )

Eudo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke to a customer service supervisor to let him know how frustrated I was with their customer service. I ordered at 11:43 EST and got a backorder notice. The rep said that the three-week delivery time frame wasn't a guarantee exactly, just like the 3-5 day time frame wasn't a guarantee exactly.

What bothers me most about this is the deceit: why let us buy the phones when it was clear they didn't have anything like the stock to meet the demand? Why do I have to talk to some poor minimum-wage earning phone center staffer who has no control over my order? Why doesn't someone higher up in Google apologize for their very deceitful sales practices? When the Nexus Q turned out to be handled badly, they gave them away for free but all we get for this appalling service is free shipping on something that would have shipped free from any other retailer anyway?

At the risk of sounding like an internet troll, I think this video from Catherine Tate best sums up my feelings about Google customer service at this point:

(Sorry, I posted a video of Catherine Tate in her Nan persona in which she uses a word that I can imagine some people might find offensive. Somehow, having an old lady say it in a comedic context made it slip right under my profanity filter. My apologies.)

Last edited:

anon(42011)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Received my shipping info this morning as well on a 8gb N4 and a bumper. Surprisingly an 8gb N4 i ordered up to 15 mins earlier hasn't shipped. They were all separate orders so i believe they are still working on getting items out by the end of today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci