New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey I got a Double Your Fat Loss Now email......

Rofl, i setup autoforward for spam mails to google support... either they enlarge their special or send me my nexus... only after i get the mail that it has been shipped, i will turn it off, good luck google, you are going to see some enlargement specials :p

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You know, I just realized... if our units don't ship out today that means they MIGHT ship on Monday or even Tuesday. If that's the case, its a shortned shipping week and we may not see them arrive until the following week, AFTER Thanksgiving.....

They will still ship, just won't get delivered. UPS still works on Saturday.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I hope I get mine by Wednesday of next week, if not I won't be here the rest of the week/weekend because going out to Cali for Thanksgiving. So as long as I get some sort of tracking between now and Monday, I'll be ok. If not well then poop.

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have to step away for a while.. back into "normal" life. This Nexus business is becoming an obsession!

Perhaps when I return I will have a present in my inbox.....

thatbeachbum

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I was just told by a rep that two more batches of backorder notices are to be sent out, so I may be just waiting to get my 3 week backorder notice. I ordered at 8:36 am PST to California, I also may receive a tracking number she said.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Gotta love the wording of the message you get when you send them an e-mail through their help center.

"Your email has been submitted, and we'll be in contact with you shortly. Feel free to reply to the confirmation email you SHOULD have received if you have more information for us."

Google SHOULD have done pre-orders. Google SHOULD have known how to ship the phones they did have in stock. CSR's SHOULD have not lied to everyone about the product launch times. And my phone SHOULD have been here by now. A lot of SHOULD's in this situation. But at least I did get a confirmation email. At 11:34 est, one minute after I ordered my phone at 11:33 am. It only confirmed that Google gets to f with me.

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I blame the fiscal cliff, Bernie Madoff and the low pressure system over northern Idaho. If not for that, Google's servers could process the correct emails, handle the order volume, produce knowledgeable responses, and ship the right quantity of phones.

Gravislord

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my 16GB Nexus 4 @ / on: November 13, 2012 8:33:18 AM UTC-8

I still haven't received a tracking number or an email saying it is being delayed. I called Google yesterday and was told that I shouldn't worry and that it was being shipped out yesterday from Kentucky. I called them again today and was told that it was still being processed, by both a rep and the supervisor (Jay).

Yet, my co-worker, who ordered his 30+ minutes after me, an 8GB Nexus 4, has his on the UPS truck out for delivery.

Seriously, WTF??

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was just told by a rep that two more batches of backorder notices are to be sent out, so I may be just waiting to get my 3 week backorder notice. I ordered at 8:36 am PST to California, I also may receive a tracking number she said.
Gotta love that the people that were first will be last.

Art Vandelay II

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

So... you MAY get it. You may get it soon. You may get it in a few weeks.You may get it within a few weeks. You may not get it at all. Sounds about right.

landola

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I talked and emailed to several rep, and at the end all of them admitted that they don't have more information than what we get in email and they have no idea which orders or how many orders were actually shipped. The most recent one told me either wait or just cancel the order. When I asked about the 3 week waiting, he said it's not guaranteed and if I don't like it, I could just cancel the order. When I asked if he were in my position, would he cancel the order; at first he refused to answer it, then he said: as a big google fan, he would wait, but it's up to me to decide whether or not to cancel the order. That's the end of the conversation.

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
How's this for worst-case:
The early orders are so facacta'd that they can't sort them out. Ever.
Our orders will be cancelled and they'll tell us to try again when they open up stock for sale again.
</pessimist>

But I wouldn't be surprised at this point.