New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's plain and simple right now where everyone that has not received tracking info, Google has ran out of stock, they are getting more in as soon as possible (most likely by the end of the weekend I'm willing to bet) and will be shooting out new shipments right then. Maybe they already got the new stock in over these last few days and are organizing another wave of shipments to go out, guessing that wave will be initiated Monday.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing there will be a very large batch(es) of shipments going out Monday. And received Wednesday, just before Thanksgiving... That would be their best move.

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Google is literally a laughing stock, I'm betting Apple is laughing at them and pointing; and before I get flamed for this comment remember that Google did state their original shipping that people would have their phones in their hands in 3-5 business days. Google did not limit the number of orders nor did they account 1 order per 1 product in current available inventory. Apple although did take a couple weeks for orders, still told people that the couple week wait was happening and they limited orders, they also communicated...this is a sad time for Google.

Edit: just tried to access that Google doc spread sheet that was made...and got this instead....pathetic

google fail.jpg

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense, Google ran out of stock...on rows/columns in their spread sheet software. They are now stating they will have a new batch of spreadsheets available within the next 3 weeks!

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I havent gotten tracking info, but was told my order has shipped. It wouldnt let me cancel the order because it has been shipped apparently. I think that theyre just too far behind to update everyone right away. Could get the phone before the tracking info

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I havent gotten tracking info, but was told my order has shipped. It wouldnt let me cancel the order because it has been shipped apparently. I think that theyre just too far behind to update everyone right away. Could get the phone before the tracking info

I wanna try cancelling, to see if I get that alert that I can't due to shipment... but I don't necessarily want to cancel the order yet in case it allows me to lol.

aricblunk

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I cancelled less than an hour after I originally placed my order on the 13th and I got that exact same message (even though I'm backordered now), you have to email support with your order # if you actually want to cancel. So I don't think that "can't cancel" message really means anything.

Also, I managed to make a backup copy of the spreadsheet just as it died, so I re-shared it (fully editable):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmguFoZ1E3KndDFIY0dXNy1OVG1xbkpRZ3duQy1KT1E

Non-link URL for unregistered users:

docs DOT google DOT com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmguFoZ1E3KndDFIY0dXNy1OVG1xbkpRZ3duQy1KT1E

And here's the graph that shows backorders seem to have started just before 8:55:

2012-11-17_01-32-12.png

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Understandable. I had assumed i was getting the backorder email, and im going off an unlocked sidekick right now so i had lost faith and was gonna buy my old phone back, but the cancellation didnt go through, and the email i got said that the phone is already been shipped, and the only way to get a refund is to refuse the package, or return it when it arrives. So Im guessing mines on its way saturday, or monday

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae