New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have UPS my choice and I haven't gotten a thing from them. My order shows delivery by end of day tomorrow (Monday). I wouldn't hold too much faith in UPS my choice either.

Amuse Me Puppet

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Exact same thing here, phone's been in their system since the 15th but just got the My Choice notice this morning, phone arrives tomorrow.

Must say, going by the spreadsheet, one in a million that my order has shipped already, simply no rhyme or reason to this. Only thing I can think of is that for whatever reason I had many less problems than others with the actual Google Play Store. I didn't log on until exactly 9:00am PST and was out the door with receipt four minutes later. Hit refresh just a hand full of times before it gave me the add to cart option and once in the cart got no error messages, went through smoothly without some of the multiple orders due to errors others are experiencing.

Hope this thread is filled with a ton of "received my shipping email" posts tomorrow morning.

Nah I ordered at 8:32 am PSTand it took seconds to complete with no refresh or problems....and received confirmation at 8:34am....just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to all of this madness..

Akhil Sood

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Update: Just got done with this google rep, with a wait time of more than 30mins. And he says anyone that has not recieved an email on backorders or shipping will 90% get the phone tommorow, and 99% chance of getting it anytime this week.
I'm still skeptical about these reps and what they say, but thats what he told me, thought everyone should know.
Wouldn't say I wasn't happy to hear 90% for monday delivery.

Btw
Order Time: 12:05:31 PM EST
Play.google Date: 11/13/12
Shipping Est.: 11/15/12
Confirmation: Yes
Backorder: No
Device: Nexus 4 16Gb
Bumper: No
Destination: Weatogue CT 06089

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Update: Just got done with this google rep, with a wait time of more than 30mins. And he says anyone that has not recieved an email on backorders or shipping will 90% get the phone tommorow, and 99% chance of getting it anytime this week.
I'm still skeptical about these reps and what they say, but thats what he told me, thought everyone should know.

Btw

Thanks for that update. I can't say that I believe this latest story from CS, but I will hope for the best and see what happens.

Order Time: 11:35:22 AM EST
Shipping Est.: None. Just says "Complete"
Confirmation: No
Device: Two Nexus 4's, 16Gb
Destination: Waterbury CT 06708

Amuse Me Puppet

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Btw

Wait...that makes no sense...

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine now says I ordered it on Nov. 17th with an estimated ship date of Nov.15th on the Google Play store but my receipt says I placed the order on Nov.13 at 8:33am. Anyone else see this happen?

kevhonda

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
still no email from google/UPS(mychoice) checked bank accnt earlier and charge has disappeared... Google give us somebody to hate tell us you fired some idiot over this madness we need a common enemy.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine now says I ordered it on Nov. 17th with an estimated ship date of Nov.15th on the Google Play store but my receipt says I placed the order on Nov.13 at 8:33am. Anyone else see this happen?

Go back a few pages; lots of talk about the date changing to the 17th (mine hasn't). If you hover over the word "Date" at the top of the column, it says something about "last updated" - so this would seem to indicate that your play store record was updated in some meaningful or not-meaningful way on the 17th.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

It makes sense only if you consider the possibility that the primary failure has been not with shipping, but with Google's email and order update systems. In other words, our stuff went out, we just didn't get the proper notifications of it.

The cool thing about that would be the very small possibility that we will receive our devices but never actually be charged for them. That - and only that - would just barely make up for the hell that Google has put us through the past several days. :)

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Go back a few pages; lots of talk about the date changing to the 17th (mine hasn't). If you hover over the word "Date" at the top of the column, it says something about "last updated" - so this would seem to indicate that your play store record was updated in some meaningful or not-meaningful way on the 17th.

They updated it to a ship date of the 15th haha weird.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh my! I received a UPS My Choice email saying a package will be arriving tomorrow. It was "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" yesterday at 5:03 PM EST. It is being shipped Next Day Air Saver. I don't have any more information yet other than that it will be delivered tomorrow. I can't think of anything else I've ordered recently shipping UPS and with a shipping speed that quick. I think this is it!

Order Time: 11:52:22 AM EST, Nov 13
Play.google Date: 11/17/12
Shipping Est.: November 15
Device: 16GB Nexus 4
Destination: Indianapolis, IN

BTW, nothing has updated in Google play, or my wallet, and I haven't received any shipping confirmations from Google. I just haven't ordered anything recently that fits the evidence other than the Nexus 4. But I'm not getting my hopes up, yet.

Amuse Me Puppet

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh my! I received a UPS My Choice email saying a package will be arriving tomorrow. It was "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" yesterday at 5:03 PM EST. It is being shipped Next Day Air Saver. I don't have any more information yet other than that it will be delivered tomorrow. I can't think of anything else I've ordered recently shipping UPS and with a shipping speed that quick. I think this is it!

Order Time: 11:52:22 AM EST, Nov 13
Play.google Date: 11/17/12
Shipping Est.: November 15
Device: 16GB Nexus 4
Destination: Indianapolis, IN

BTW, nothing has updated in Google play, or my wallet, and I haven't received any shipping confirmations from Google. I just haven't ordered anything recently that fits the evidence other than the Nexus 4. But I'm not getting my hopes up, yet.

How long ago did you get that from UPS?

Akhil Sood

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

It has to not make any sense, its an outsourced call centre. Last i talked, this funny lady kept yawning and replying the same thing. I dont believe it myself, but he seemed confident about it. Its not like he had to give me a probability of monday delivery. He could have just said the same thing of it being under processing or some BS. They have been saying that to me since 15th.

hhurtado1

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I feel that once your phone ships, the temp charge should drop and a permanent charge will occur within 24 hours.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums