New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

sidroid

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Got this information from support via email. The order in which the play store orders are being processed/shipped depends on when the bank approved the charges. So even if you ordered really early but the bank didn't approve the charge for quite some time, you will get it later than someone who ordered after you. :banghead:

mmunsch

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I received the "Thank you for contacting us and if you ordered on the 13th your order should arrive tomorrow" email today at 7:14 CT. I was happy to finally get some sort of response on a 4 day old email sent to Google Customer Service. After seeing all those here getting tracking numbers around that same time I was getting worried when I didn't see anything but lo' and behold I got the Shipping email at 11:04 CT! All I can say is HALLELUJAH! I can finally stop wondering, now to just resist tackling the UPS man when he drives up :D. I hope everyone else with early orders finally got some responses/shipping emails, I had my order in at 10:36:15 CT.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that got the shipping email, does your tracking number give anything?

Nope. Mine still doesn't. I wouldn't worry... This was likely a rushed thing and either UPS servers can't keep up or something else.. this is probably a special case scenario being presumably upgraded to Next Day Air for Google to keep their word on processing/shipment time so maybe that's why nothing is showing up when trying to track the #. Idk, that's how I feel about it lol.

liltrixxy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
10:02 pm PST ( just 5 minutes ago!) I received the shipping email. Praise Cheezus, I can finally stop feeling vaguely uncomfortable about not being able to be home on Wednesday. For reference: I was a limbo 2 who ordered at 8:44 PST

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Mine still doesn't. I wouldn't worry... This was likely a rushed thing and either UPS servers can't keep up or something else.. this is probably a special case scenario being presumably upgraded to Next Day Air for Google to keep their word on processing/shipment time so maybe that's why nothing is showing up when trying to track the #. Idk, that's how I feel about it lol.

Same here... no clue... mychoice doesnt work either... so should we trust mychoice? or believe that it was shipped today with UPS next day air?

liltrixxy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The last person I spoke to was pretty clear that these devices are being delivered tomorrow and because they pushed them out so hard today you'll probably get them before the number is even properly updated into the system. The shipping email also reiterates that in its own dry and formal way.

deadweight

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh Happy Days! I want to thank everyone that posted during this dibacle. I have been living in silent misery for the past 7 days wondering if I'll ever get my first first truely great smartphone. I have quietly reading everyones post from the side lines every oppertunity i could hoping to find a piece of information the would allow me to cut throught the red tape. I order two 16gb phones at 8:35:25 tuesday. I called cs today and the nice lady said the problem for was they didn't know if I intentionally ordered two phones. Appearently many people accidently order than they intended because of a software screw up. I have noticed that most that reported getting phones only ordered one. Anyways, i recieved my tracking number tonight and i am very happy. I think the nexus 4 is truely state of the art and the best phone for my current needs. I am excited to finally be one of those people with the latest and great technologies, but without the huge price tag and contract. I hope the nexus 4 will be the beginning of the end to two year contract model and cell phone minutes and data plian start falling to resemble the European model (i.e. cheaper and open). I look forward to talking more about the phone with all of you in near future. Keep posting. People are listening.

One final note, i find it amazing how kind everyone was to everyone else. I read virtually every post and i didn't encounter very many people demonizing other. Everyone worked together to try and solve a common mistery. Very impressive. The power of the internet will never cease to amaze me.

All the best,

DeadWeighT

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Not to let you down, but your time is way beyond the ones who got their shipping mails... all of us were in 11.30 am est - 11.47 am est.. hope you get your shipping email tomorrow..
Does this mean my order (Order Date: November 13, 2012 12:01:51 PM UTC-5) is to late to hope that I'll get my order shipped sooner then later?

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I think it'll be more waiting games for those who have received a back order email. I never received a back order email and I placed my order at 11:52AM EST. And I received my tracking info today around 10pm.

josegb2011

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Does this mean my order (Order Date: November 13, 2012 12:01:51 PM UTC-5) is to late to hope that I'll get my order shipped sooner then later?

well to be fair i ordered at 11 47 est and got backordered as well so..still no updates besides moving my date to the 19th..so expect next week i know i am..

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Canada here,

Placed my order 11:53 am. Got BOed and have 1 cancelled order (my doing). No tracking number. I think tomorrow I will give google a ring.

smoker337

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello Brian,

Thank you for contacting Google Play Support.

If you ordered on 11/13, your order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If you haven't already received a shipping confirmation email that contains the tracking number, you should receive one today or tomorrow. However, please note that it can take up to 1 business day for the tracking number to be activated. Rest assured that once you receive your ship confirmation email with your tracking number, it is in the process of shipping for an estimated arrival of Tuesday, Nov. 20.

If you have any other questions, please reply to this email.

Just got this. Hope Its true
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Was in limbo no email confirmation or bo email or change of ANYTHING since Tuesday and just got trackingn# . Ordered 11:35 PST. :)

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Got tracking number around 5:30 PST but nothing shows up via UPS when trying to track it. Hope its an early morning delivery tomorrow or wednesday

Ice Phrozen

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting conflicting information from Google...

- CSR via telephone says I'll get a tracking number tomorrow and I'll get the phone this week.

- Follow up email about the call informs me that they're trying to send all the phones within the 3 week timeframe. When I replied back asking for clarification about what the CSR told me...."I'm sorry, you've been misinformed about that."

:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos