Anybody else with the status "pre-ordered," what does this mean?

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The phone went on sale barely 24 hours ago, give the warehouse a chance to catch up with orders guys.

This would be an appropriate comment had Google not already deducted 650 dollars from my account. It think asking for a clarification on an order status is reasonable in this case.

Baronvshush

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they had an error and sold too many, thus they put pre order so your not completely annoy but will send you on before the 2nd batch?

That's what I'm afraid of. Mine still says Pre-ordered. :eek:

I managed to snag one yesterday about 5 hours after the initial order period sold out (refresh, refresh, refresh...). Presumably I got in due to someone else canceling theirs, which then became available for me to claim. So you'd think it would ship within a day or so of all the other orders. That's assuming my order is actually tied to a device that physically exists for me.

But if the order only occurred due to a glitch in the system (which is entirely possible, given the fiasco and general unpreparedness of Google's ordering system yesterday), then you're probably right - there is no device waiting for me, and I'm on a short list to be at the front of the line when batch 2 starts shipping. If I don't get a shipping notification within a day of everyone else, I'll call - and if I have to wait, I'll probably just cancel. Screw that. :-\

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
But if the order only occurred due to a glitch in the system (which is entirely possible, given the fiasco and general unpreparedness of Google's ordering system yesterday), then you're probably right - there is no device waiting for me, and I'm on a short list to be at the front of the line when batch 2 starts shipping. If I don't get a shipping notification within a day of everyone else, I'll call - and if I have to wait, I'll probably just cancel. Screw that. :-\

Don't cancel. Once there is one manufactured you will get it! probably way before batch 2 as they stock them up before release, but they probably will send you one as soon as they can!!

Baronvshush

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just called Google to check my status, which still says "Pre-ordered." I was told that I didn't get in the first batch of orders, but a glitch in the system allowed the order to go fully through, even though it wasn't supposed to (because they are not doing back-orders). Therefore I will have to wait "up to 3 weeks" to get my device shipped. :(

Seriously thinking about canceling and going back to the dark side. :eek: My current phone barely works and is in dire need of replacement. Don't feel like waiting much longer for something I don't even know how much I'll like (would have been my first Android device, ordered almost on a whim due to the great price). Perhaps I'll just pick up a Nexus 7 over the holidays as a gateway to try out Android...

pprichar

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you but I'm test driving an iPhone 5 right now. I also have "pre-order" status... considering just canceling if I have to wait 3 weeks, the iPhone 5 is not a bad phone.:'(

Baronvshush

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you but I'm test driving an iPhone 5 right now. I also have "pre-order" status... considering just canceling if I have to wait 3 weeks, the iPhone 5 is not a bad phone.:'(

FWIW, I went to cancel this evening and noticed that my status changed from "Pre-ordered" to "Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012." Now I don't know what to think. :confused: And this after spending the afternoon researching and discussing with family the possibility of jumping to iPhone 5 on Verizon. What to do? Is it really going to ship soon, or is this going to be like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown at the last second? Gah.

I haven't gotten a shipping email, or one of the much discussed backorder emails either. UPS MyChoice also hasn't sent me a notification, so at the very least I know UPS doesn't have anything for me at this moment. I trust their information. Google's complete lack of communication or accurate information has made this experience a rather sour one, regardless of the final outcome. I feel like going ahead and canceling for that reason alone, even if there's a device almost ready to ship to me.

pprichar

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Nothing's changed on mine, still says "Pre-Order" and when you click that it's the receipt. Only info I have is on that page "Your order has been sent to Google Inc..
Google Inc. is responsible for charging and shipping your order. Have questions? Contact Google Inc..

Nov 13
Google Inc. received your order.

Nov 13
You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 13. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to pprichar"

Also so far just a conformation email and that's it. Credit card has a 1.00 charge and 327.xx charge too.

pprichar

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to cancel my "pre-ordered" nexus 4 and got this e-mail:

"Thanks for contacting Google Play regarding cancellation of your order. All orders are processed directly after your purchase is complete. As a result, this means that there is a very short window of time to cancel an order prior to shipping.

Although we attempted to honor your request, we were unable to cancel your order in this window."

Really?

blacter

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Same "pre-ordered" status here. I sent email to Google and received a clueless non-reply. I also tried to cancel to no avail. The pending charge has been removed from my credit card.