Customer Satisfaction Email Survey rolling out this AM about play store experience yesterday

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
About YOUR play store satisfaction (if your order wen't through)
Be firm but honest, please. These will be taken very seriously.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
But BE POLITE. Screaming Internet flame war speak won't be taken seriously. Howling, "J00 GUYZ R TEH FAILZ0RZ!11!1!! NO LET! NO SD! GLASS!!! THEN CITE FAILZ!11! U LOOZERZ O MEE!!!!" won't tell them anything useful. (That this even has to be explained is depressing.)

If I get a survey, I'm going to copypasta this: "I found my ordering experience to be very unsatisfactory and frankly shocking from such a large and well-resourced company. The lack of pre-ordering guaranteed a stampede of customers when the products became available, but insufficient capacity was arranged to handle them. After nearly instantaneous sellouts in Australia and the UK, there should have been an awareness that demand would be substantial, but with several hours warning, nothing appears to have been done to bolster capacity.

It was announced that the Nexus 4/10 would be available at 12 pm EST, but they actually went live a half-hour earlier, meaning those who'd arranged to shop then were too late. I happened to refresh the store page after they'd been available for several minutes (approx. 11:40 am EST) and attempted to purchase a Nexus 4 (16GB) and received repeated page errors, Wallet errors, and messages to try later. After 20 minutes of trying to complete my purchase, it finally appeared to finish only to say my cart was empty and that the phone was "Coming Soon." About an hour after that, I happened to refresh the page and was able to make a purchase - I hope - of the phone, but that was merely luck on my part; many, many others weren't as fortunate. And those notification emails I signed up for? Never received one.

Combined with the poor experience I had with my Nexus 7 purchase at launch - paying $14 for shipping only to receive it days after B&M stores were selling it; receiving a defective unit; having to spend nearly two hours on hold during calls to Play "Support" to arrange a replacement; then having to resupply proof of delivery on Google's end - I am extremely reluctant to make future purchases of physical items from the Play store and wouldn't recommend the experience to any people I like.

The whole success of the Nexus model requires Google getting their products into the hands of customers and both of my experiences have indicated there is a great amount of improvement needed to merely become acceptable. There is simply too much competition from other devices and retail channels to succeed when the mere act of purchasing becomes a test of will, patience and stamina. While it can take great effort and expense to get customers to like you, they will hate you for free and are very eager to spread the word via their social networks what they don't like. It doesn't matter if the Nexus line are the finest products in their class if people have to suffer to buy them. (Say what you will about Apple, they don't pour boiling oil and release rabid badgers on the people lining up outside their stores.)

Thank you for your attention to these issues.

Unfortunately, that a mere paying customer has to spell out what should be glaringly apparent to any sentient life form occupying a cube at Google pretty much explains why the Play store is 0-for-2 in hardware sales launches. Whomever is in charge needs to be no longer in charge because they're killing the products with their retail incompetence.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
But BE POLITE. Screaming Internet flame war speak won't be taken seriously. Howling, "J00 GUYZ R TEH FAILZ0RZ!11!1!! NO LET! NO SD! GLASS!!! THEN CITE FAILZ!11! U LOOZERZ O MEE!!!!" won't tell them anything useful. (That this even has to be explained is depressing.)

I have to say that's the best and most thought out response I think there could be with the frustration everyone (including myself) felt yesterday, now, onto why I quoted you....

roflmao_522.jpg

I fell out of my chair and a co-worker came in asking if I was alright. I laughed so hard my eyes teared up!

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Title: Order a Nexus4
Category: Massive Online Multiplayer
Gameplay: 7/10
Graphics: 7/10
Replayability: 0/10
Following the tradition of point-n-click adventures, one has a myriad of choices to navigate in this title. Whether to refresh, start a new browser, run a script. Twists and turns add surprises as one's shopping cart may empty at any moment.
Many may choose to go back to halo 4, but not a bad release from the studio at Mountain View.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
About YOUR play store satisfaction (if your order wen't through)
Be firm but honest, please. These will be taken very seriously.

I'll definitely submit feedback. This was a very disappointing launch. I can't believe Google Play crashed (according to Google Play phone support).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'll definitely submit feedback. This was a very disappointing launch. I can't believe Google Play crashed (according to Google Play phone support).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
It is lame that so many people had problems. I got extremely lucky i guess b/c my hole order process was as smooth as could be. literally nothing happened it was like any other order. I was like SWEEEEEEET!

leroy_sunset

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I won't be filling out a survey because I was totally unable to buy any device. I was even on at 8:40am, just failure after failure for hours.

Sad panda.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Since I didn't get to place an order after multiple attempts, I won't get the survey but I hope those who do speak up to the horrible ordering process or lack there of that took place yesterday

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am happy to hear that Google is taking the opportunity to reach out to their customer base and ask for this feedback. Google has realized that the experience yesterday on part of their customer base was less than desired and apparently is looking for ways to improve their internal processes to ensure this does not occur in the future. I cannot help but to reiterate the message posted above by DirkBelig to provide honest, professional, constructive feedback that can be used to identify shortcomings and improve upon their internal process in future launches of Google branded devices. It is evident that that the Play Store is a vital link in Google's business model and in light of yesterdays experience that link to their customer base was fractured. I applaud Googles desire to listen to their customers and seek their feedback.

Bravo Google !!

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This is the first time this has happened, you'll get it.

Ohh in a perfect world....

People would be honest about their needs and not be childish when a real opportunity arrives to help the ecosystem grow as Google seems to want, with us as knowledgeable consumers not upset and hurt children who didn't get what they want Christmas morning. I applaud Google for each and every effort made to grow and adapt to an ever changing e-world like we have now. Growth is almost always painful so acceptance is the key here, don't let a little pain make us turn on Google who is trying(just my opinion) to effect a change in the current carrier/consumer ecosystem. Options are great but even they are limited so please folks, be honest and try and help and not hinder progress.

And as a side note, my plans to move to Mountain View are still on, I hope you have a spot for me when I get there ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Ohh in a perfect world....

People would be honest about their needs and not be childish when a real opportunity arrives to help the ecosystem grow as Google seems to want, with us as knowledgeable consumers not upset and hurt children who didn't get what they want Christmas morning. I applaud Google for each and every effort made to grow and adapt to an ever changing e-world like we have now.
id take it you were able to order

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000