T-Mobile Nexus 4 vs Play Store Nexus 4

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: The Play Nexus 4 and the T-Mobile Nexus 4

Thank you. Do you know anyone who has? I really want someone with a first hand experience.
Thanks
I picked one up and intially was using an AT&T straight talk sim, it worked fine. I switched it out for a Tmobile straight talk sim to take advantage of the faster data tho.

Ok, thanks for the help! I called LG and the derp I spoke to did not know of the Nexus 4 and said I was confused with samsung, lol.

Only a select few Tmobile stores are stocking it, you probably called one of the ones that aren't, hence the reason they had no idea what you were talking about lol.

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks a lot. I know T-mobile HSPA data is faster but I have unlimited on ATT. As far as you can tell there is no difference between the devices? Play and T-Mobile that is.

Benoni Cooper

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

any reports from someone who has gotten it with a contract? Any reports form someone who ordered it over the phone from T-mobile?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Any way you can confirm that? it sounded like perhaps the phone costing 500$ might be unlocked, but the 200$ one with the contract might be locked or at least with a logo?

They're the same, you just either pay for it all up front, or less up front and more with your money in a contract.

They don't make different phones to sell off and on contract...

Verum04

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys!

I have a big connectivity problem with my Nexus 4, that I bought in T-mobile store. And I'm using ATT sim-card with it.
I see in this topics that you are telling that phones from Play store and T-mobile store are the same. But guys from T-mobile told me that ATT bands and T-mobile bands are different (different cellular frequencie), and it's a reason why I have problems with my internet on ATT sim.
In general, I cannot use internet at all. My speed is really bad (around 7kbps, speedtest screenshot: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23789025/Screenshot_2012-11-16-09-21-41.png)
Did anybody experience the same issues?

P.S. Screenshot of my about phone: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23789025/Screenshot_2012-11-16-09-22-19.png
P.P.S. Previously I used Galaxy Nexus with the same ATT plan, there was no problem at all.

reign831

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys!

I have a big connectivity problem with my Nexus 4, that I bought in T-mobile store. And I'm using ATT sim-card with it.
I see in this topics that you are telling that phones from Play store and T-mobile store are the same. But guys from T-mobile told me that ATT bands and T-mobile bands are different (different cellular frequencie), and it's a reason why I have problems with my internet on ATT sim.
In general, I cannot use internet at all. My speed is really bad (around 7kbps, speedtest screenshot: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23789025/Screenshot_2012-11-16-09-21-41.png)
Did anybody experience the same issues?

P.S. Screenshot of my about phone: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23789025/Screenshot_2012-11-16-09-22-19.png
P.P.S. Previously I used Galaxy Nexus with the same ATT plan, there was no problem at all.

Did you correctly enter the APN settings?

Also, the rep was telling the truth about the different carriers frequencies, but the Nexus 4 supports both AT&T and T-Mobile's GSM frequencies. Some phones do not.

Verum04

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you reignx777 for your response.

Did you correctly enter the APN settings?
I'm not sure how to check it. I didn't make any changes into it, only tried yesterday to set default settings. This is how it's look like: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23789025/_Screenshot_2012-11-16-09-38-25.png

Also, the rep was telling the truth about the different carriers frequencies, but the Nexus 4 supports both AT&T and T-Mobile's GSM frequencies. Some phones do not.
Yes, but they told me that they have different phone from Play store. And they have different chip, that connects to their own bands. And they also told me that it's locked, at least this one was lie for sure :)

qreepii

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Good news for those looking to get one at a tmo store. Just had a conversation with a nice store rep that let me know if an emergency shipment is en route the tmo stores will get the notice on monday when they will have restock. Not the best news but tmo may restock before back orders unload on play store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you reignx777 for your response.

I'm not sure how to check it. I didn't make any changes into it, only tried yesterday to set default settings. This is how it's look like: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23789025/_Screenshot_2012-11-16-09-38-25.png

Yes, but they told me that they have different phone from Play store. And they have different chip, that connects to their own bands. And they also told me that it's locked, at least this one was lie for sure :)

When are folks going to finally realize that the guys working in the stores/answering the phones generally DO NOT know squat!!

Are you an AT&T customer or are you using an AT&T MVNO (straighttalk, H2O wireless, etc)? Knowing that we can point you to the right settings to make it work. If you read the rest of this thread you will note that I and some others have already purchased from Tmobile and have had no problems using the phone with an AT&T sim.

Quick Edit - If your an AT&T customer try the settings from this thread [APN][AT&T][MMS][HSPA+] Single APN for HSPA+ Speeds AND MMS - (Updated 9/15) - xda-developers

Verum04

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
When are folks going to finally realize that the guys working in the stores/answering the phones generally DO NOT know squat!!
I know.. But when 3 different person from different stores telling you the same thing, for some reason you start trust them :)

Are you an AT&T customer or are you using an AT&T MVNO (straighttalk, H2O wireless, etc)?
It is just AT&T.

Edit: Thank you rclifton for a link! Works fine now, speed backs to normal.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So is all that extra good stuff on the new nexus(double pull down notifications etc)

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2