The My Nexus 4 Just Got Delivered Thread!!

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Where do you think you would be on your SGS2 at this point?

very close to if not fully drained. i couldn't leave my SGS2 on full screen brightness and expect to have enough juice to make it through the day.

one of the big mysteries about the N4 from all the reviews was the mixed battery reports. not sure what was going on there with that, but i feel very, very happy with battery life compared to my SGS2. i think i could really push this thing quite a bit further and definitely make it all the way through a long day.

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 8GB Nexus 4 in!

Finally! LOL.

Too bad my 16GB is back ordered. Maybe I'll just cancel it if it doesn't ship too soon.

I hope people cancel there order, that means (in theory) they would ship mine sooner

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Almost every smartphone I've ever had has had a rattle.

It's been the lock button every time.

Ok that makes sense and I'm fine with it. I guess I've never shaken my phone in a quiet room before. I just grabbed my nexus s and the lock button rattles on it. No biggie then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If someone could do me a favor, can you tell me what your UPS information said as far as weight of the package? Supposedly a bumper is on it's way to me on Monday and it lists it at 1.6lbs. Wishful thinking that the phone could be in there as well, but it seems a bit heavy just for some plastic. Probably full of packing material I guess.

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If someone could do me a favor, can you tell me what your UPS information said as far as weight of the package? Supposedly a bumper is on it's way to me on Monday and it lists it at 1.6lbs. Wishful thinking that the phone could be in there as well, but it seems a bit heavy just for some plastic. Probably full of packing material I guess.

1.1lbs for just the phone

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
but i feel very, very happy with battery life...i think i could really push this thing quite a bit further and definitely make it all the way through a long day.

just wrapping up my second full day with the N4 and i decided to push the battery a little more fully today. i think i got a little too bullish. i set the screen to 100% brigthness and used it for navigation for over an hour driving out into the countryside. also took some calls, took a few photos, and i was down to 33% by midday. i don't think this result is too surprising. the N4 is no iPhone on the battery power front.

the other nice thing about the N4 is that as soon as you power down the GPS, set the screen to auto, and do other power saving moves it sips battery pretty slowly. so i was able to keep the phone on and not run out of juice until the end of the day.

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
a couple other quick observations day 2.5 N4 observations:

1. i wish GPS on/off was in the quick settings menu like it is on the SGS2

2. i wish the WiFi button that is in the quick settings directly turned WiFi on/off rather than taking you to the WiFi settings menu screen where you have to click again to turn it on/off

3. the UI on the camera's HDR is absolutely awesome and dead simple. however, if you get a phone call in the middle of putting together an HDR shot like i did today and reject the call you will lose all your HDR work and have to start from scratch.

4. i still can't get over how fast this thing recharges! i haven't clocked it yet but it seems like it's going from 0-100% in under two hours easy.

5. some apps seem to be working better than they did on SGS2. for example, on my SGS2 ride map thumbnail pics in Strava wouldn't appear for some of my rides whereas with my N4 they always do. the Authenticate app for Google 2-step on my SGS2 never worked and i had to turn two-step off, but it works perfectly now. Chrome also never really worked veyr on my SGS2 but it works really well now.

6. on reports that the N4 gets hot, it does warm up some on the back but not as much as my SGS2 would. so this is not a concern for me (so far at least).

Last edited:

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have mine and am experiencing no rattle

so some of us have the rattle and others don't?

i realize this may sound a bit picky to everyone who is still waiting for theirs, but how many others out there that have the rattle are interested in getting a new N4 without a rattle?

VSG28

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I got my N4 yesterday afternoon, charged it last night and it is at 61% now after more than average usage with app downloading and contact sync with Google. Very pleased with the phone (coming from an iPhone 4), the battery life and Android 4.2

No rattle for me either, and no visible yellow tint as well. Now if only I had a case for this, I could stop handling this with baby gloves :D

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
my one rattles too, mostly when I shake it sideways, not so much if I shake it up and down - seems like a lose screw or something, I thought it might be the buttons, but I held both and it still does it, so it's defo something on the inside

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I ordered a 16gb and a bumper.

Weight: 2.50 lbs

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
so some of us have the rattle and others don't?

i realize this may sound a bit picky to everyone who is still waiting for theirs, but how many others out there that have the rattle are interested in getting a new N4 without a rattle?

missed your post

I'm going to stick with my n4 unless something else comes up. Just because a new device might not have the rattle (which isn't noticeable unless you shake the phone) it might have different issues. So for now, I can live with the rattle if no other issues arise

hectorbribiesca

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
For those with the Nexus 4 who want to join Solavei like i did, here is how you go about doing it

1. To begin signup of your Nexus 4 use this link.
www.solavei.com/SignUp?un=benjaminbribies&from=Invite
2. Enter your zip to confirm coverage
3. [Important] Use the following IMEI # to get past the first step: 353022055115650 . This IMEI ensures you get the micro-sim card instead of a full-size sim.
4. Solavei asks if you want to port a phone # or have them choose a phone # for you.
5. Solavei asks for the usual personal information
6. Solavei mentions that it will be shipping you a "sim" but does not go into detail whether it is a micro-sim or not. Don't worry. The IMEI # you used earlier ensures it is a micro-sim.
7. Finish the process and a micro-sim card will be shipped out to you within 2 business days #Googlenexus #Lgnexus4 #solavei

Hope that helps.

tommymonk

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, now suddenly the double finger swipe is not working no matter what I do. Anyone else had this issue?

Yes, I had this exact same issue, all of a sudden double finger swipe-down refuses to work and a single swipe initially starts to pull down the notification area fails, a click is registered on on app icon.
A reboot of the device resolved this for me, it hasn't happened against since, fingers crossed.

josema420

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine got delivered just yesterday!!

Riviera Beach, FL, United States 12/10/2012 2:23 P.M. Delivered
12/10/2012 4:01 A.M. Out For Delivery
12/10/2012 4:00 A.M. Arrival Scan
Hialeah, FL, United States 12/09/2012 11:58 P.M. Departure Scan
12/09/2012 9:19 P.M. Arrival Scan
Orlando, FL, United States 12/09/2012 5:19 P.M. Departure Scan
Orlando, FL, United States 12/08/2012 5:53 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 12/07/2012 3:47 P.M. Departure Scan
12/07/2012 11:02 A.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/06/2012 4:16 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

And btw i got my phone sooner than what google told me, it originally said 2-3 weeks and actually it was 1!!