What size to reduce pictures to when uploading to N4?

320flyboy320

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've got lots of pictures on my desktop I want to transfer to my N4. Most of them are around 4mb in size and I'm wondering the best way to reduce them and what size or resolution should I make them so they still look good on the phone, but don't take up unnecessary space?

When I sync pictures to my iPhone, iTunes automatically re-sizes the pictures for me, this is what I'm after with the N4.

mmace

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I've got lots of pictures on my desktop I want to transfer to my N4. Most of them are around 4mb in size and I'm wondering the best way to reduce them and what size or resolution should I make them so they still look good on the phone, but don't take up unnecessary space?

When I sync pictures to my iPhone, iTunes automatically re-sizes the pictures for me, this is what I'm after with the N4.
screen is 1280 x 768 but if you do to that then you won't be able to zoom in
personally, I run all my photos through Faststome image resizer, keep them at 100% of their size, but it adds a little compression.
Photos from my DSLR are around 10Mb and come out at 2Mb, from my 3D still camera they are around 3-4Mb and come out at 1.5Mb

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

What Google wants you to do is upload them to Picasa. They'll automatically be resized to a size of your choosing, and available from any Android device attached to your account.

Choose something around the actual screen resolution if you just want a slideshow, or bigger if you think you might want to zoom in on them. For Windows, Irfan Viewer was my tool of choice - it has a great batch resize mode and allows you to write the resized images to a different filename or different directory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool