UPDATED 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

Ben Kessler

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

I just got the same now in Shrewsbury, MA USA.

Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We?ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.

REALLY GOOGLE!! AHJDWHAKJHRIW#UERI#(YE(RU)#QUEFIYAHDQE@HIDGIJ! AHHHHH!!!!!! F*** !

I ordered mine at 12:03 PM PST

Roricken

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Ugh, just got the same e-mail a few minutes ago :'( Oh, well, 3 weeks is not that bad. On the plus side AT&T finally lit up LTE in Charleston, SC this morning!!! I can finally burn some LTE on my other phones while I wait!

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: 3 week till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside)

What did everyone's status show prior to receiving this, estimated shipping date or pre-order?

My order status on google play is "complete" and on wallet is "pending". I have a pending charge on my Amex card.

heymecalvy

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Yepppp, just got my backorder email as well (Boston). I wonder now, is anyone actually receiving a Nexus 4, or was this all a ruse? Also, are we going to be refunded that exorbitant "2-day shipping" fee? Because no way am I paying $15 for 3 week shipping..

Edit: It does look like they will "credit the shipping charges", so I guess it's bumped down to free shipping?

I guess I'll just mess around with CM10 until then!

mims7

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yep same here with me!
Ordered mines at 11:03am (San Francisco, CA)

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Yepppp, just got my backorder email as well (Boston). I wonder now, is anyone actually receiving a Nexus 4, or was this all a ruse? Also, are we going to be refunded that exorbitant "2-day shipping" fee? Because no way am I paying $15 for 3 week shipping..

Did you read the email?

boydcc2

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site

Ugh, just got the same e-mail a few minutes ago :'( Oh, well, 3 weeks is not that bad. On the plus side AT&T finally lit up LTE in Charleston, SC this morning!!! I can finally burn some LTE on my other phones while I wait!

Oh did they?! (I'm in Goose Creek small world...) Yea I am with Sprint currently and as you may know, or not, the data in Charleston area has to be the worst speeds of anywhere in the world! Guess I got <3 weeks before my nexus 4 can liberate me.. :(

ecpolo521

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Just got the same email. I ordered around 4:30pm ET in the US. BOO!!!!!

Looks like their refunding the shipping charges at least.

Ben Kessler

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Exactly what I just emailed Google. and I have seen some email conformations that they sent. But I was in the middle of physics class when it was released so I couldn't order it! :mad:

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Got the same email. Ordered from the US on Tuesday around 146pm EST. Oh well, at least shipping will be credited.

Roricken

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Oh did they?! (I'm in Goose Creek small world...) Yea I am with Sprint currently and as you may know, or not, the data in Charleston area has to be the worst speeds of anywhere in the world! Guess I got <3 weeks before my nexus 4 can liberate me.. :(

Lol, very small world. I'm from Summerville. Noticed it this morning being stuck in traffic. Almost created another accident from being in shock. Lol.

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Wow I don't know what is worst. Missing out on the initial purchase or getting the backorder email..... T Mobile isn't so looking so bad

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

This is MADNESS. So I take it this isn't exclusive to Europe? First I saw a guy from Germany receive this email, now this guy from the UK, and now people in the US.

Is there a pattern or algorithm that G is using to determine who's Nexus gets backordered? Are we all potential targets? I ordered mine on Nov 13, 2012 8:41 AM PST (thats 11:41AM EST, as soon as they released it), did anyone order that early and receive this email? If I was one of the first to order and get this email I will be enraged and burn down the Kentucky warehouse so all of us can suffer muhahaha!

ecpolo521

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Yep

Google Play
2:24 PM (25 minutes ago)

to me
Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We?ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges.

Neofire

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
RE: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

Just received the same email!! Tampa, Fl (US)
Guess I can give my nerves a rest and stop checking that damn wallet every hour.

Ben Kessler

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

no i meant refunding shipping
Yep

Google Play
2:24 PM (25 minutes ago)

to me

- - - Updated - - -

But when you contact Google Support on email bout shipping they send

Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15.

Upon receiving your shipping confirmation email, you'll be given a tracking number that will assist you in determining your package's estimated delivery date. Please note that it might take up to 24 hours before the tracking number returns any information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC