BackOrder Information and Speculation + Poll

Was your Nexus 4 order shipped or backordered?

• Total voters

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Was your Nexus 4 shipped or Backordered?

Ugh! Not another one of these threads! Don't you understand? yes your
Phone is back ordered and yes you will get it as soon as more are made. Guess what....so will everyone else! Back ordered means they don't have enough which means they make more. Do you think they will make only enough to fill the orders then say "ok guys, stop the production, we covered the back orders"? No! They will keep making them cause now they know the demand. That means the ones that didn't get one the first day, and obviously you didn't either, will be able to order one. Jesus Christ!

This is a POLL

I'm not complaining and nothing that you wrote pertains to my initial post. Take a breather and calm down.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Ugh! Not another one of these threads! Don't you understand? yes your
Phone is back ordered and yes you will get it as soon as more are made. Guess what....so will everyone else! Back ordered means they don't have enough which means they make more. Do you think they will make only enough to fill the orders then say "ok guys, stop the production, we covered the back orders"? No! They will keep making them cause now they know the demand. That means the ones that didn't get one the first day, and obviously you didn't either, will be able to order one. Jesus Christ!

This has nothing to do what he's asking : /

Backordered here too...won't be canceling though because at least I know I'll get it when they get more. Unlike others that have to keep checking the Play Store. What I don't understand is how Google didn't have enough to go for the first day. It's there flagship Nexus device that comes out once a year no? Jeez Apple sold 3 mil over a weekend. I bet Google only had a quarter of that many.

At least it gives me some time to track down some quality screen protectors and cases!

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Lol, truth. Should've had another option of being in limbo. Tons have no clue what their status is.

The people in limbo shouldn't count because it's not that hard to pick up a phone and ask. What's the point in waiting for an email if your curious? Screw the limbos!

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

Lol, truth. Should've had another option of being in limbo. Tons have no clue what their status is.

Not relevant at this point most of those "limbo" people are probably having other issues and probably will eventually get their N4 eventually shipped or backordered.

kobastal

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google BackOrders Nexus 4

I think people would be more forgiving if Google had been a bit more upfront about things. Instead they chose not to tell people when the phone would go on sale. They took what will probably turn out to be thousands of orders when they did not have the stock to deliver. There is no explanation of how they chose who gets their orders filled and who doesn't. I did not hear of anyone getting an email that the phones were available. As of five minutes ago they still have a hold on the money in my bank account for the phone. Google needs to be concerned about their brand image at this point. They already have a reputation for being disorganized. This doesn't help. They need to tell people their plan for fixing this. People don't like being treat arbitrarily. A fair solution would be to fill the orders FIFO. Anyone that ordered five phones only gets one now, so the largest number of people can be satisfied. That would probably leave me out in the cold since I didn't my order in until the afternoon, but at least I would understand. We should get a consolation that we will be first in line when the new shipments come in and that Google has looked at the numbers and can give reasonable assurance that the next batch will fill the previously accepted orders. Or if there won't be enough, tell us that. If you treat people like cattle, eventually they will turn off to your product. Right now it seems as though Google really could not care less. Most of the people who have their orders backlogged are probably in the same boat as myself: I really like the product and am willing to wait, just treat me fairly.

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for the bad luck some of you are having, but mine shipped. According to the tracking number, my Nexus is currently sitting at a UPS location that is less than 30 minutes from my house. I will be really upset and shocked if it doesn't get delivered tomorrow.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

It has everything to do with it. Look at all the other threads that ask if you got it out if it's back ordered. I'm just saying if you hit f5 a billion times only to find out you're still weeks away sucks. I'm sorry, I'm mad at the situation. It just sucks that most who thought they would have a device way ahead of everyone else find out they wait like the rest of us.

Btw, I'm not checking the play store any more than you're checking your email or doorstep. when they are in stock again everyone will get one just the same as all the back orders are filled. Again, I'm mad at the situation.sorry.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

It has everything to do with it. Look at all the other threads that ask if you got it out if it's back ordered. I'm just saying if you hit f5 a billion times only to find out you're still weeks away sucks. I'm sorry, I'm mad at the situation. It just sucks that most who thought they would have a device way ahead of everyone else find out they wait like the rest of us.

Not sure about that

They should be sending out all the backordered devices out first before they come back in stock for the people who didn't get an order in

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Ok I wasn't being being literal. I'm saying it won't be long at all after that. They are making more for backorders AND the play store. Yes you will get yours a little quicker.

jbmeicher

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

my order is still pending? anyone else in the same boat? and if so hopefully it isn't sinking

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site

Well, here's the thing. Yes, it sucks that Google screwed it up this badly. Yes, they could have and should have done it better. Yes, there's no excuse for the constant hangups on the store on launch date. Yes, I'm upset that I didn't get my shiny new toy. But you bet I have the right to be upset about a 'toy' I was willing to shell out $350 of my hard earned cash for.

On the other hand, It. Is. Just. A. Phone. People who got their phone on back-order will eventually get their phone. I will eventually be able to purchase a Nexus 4 without the site crashing and burning. In the mean time, whatever current phones we have will continue to work exactly the way they have been for the time we have had those. So really. Let's complain but not have a meltdown. Relax. Go do some holiday shopping. Spend some time with your family, friends. Live a little. And you'll eventually get your Nexus 4.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Where is the option for, I don't f***ing know because of high demand even though I ordered 2 minutes after the store opened up but still haven't received my shipping information.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

my order is still pending? anyone else in the same boat? and if so hopefully it isn't sinking

mine says pending too and that doesn't mean squat apparently
on googles end, it says backordered
call them and get your status, it's that simple

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

They're likely fulfilling orders based on block-stowage, ie they group product for certain zip codes together such that they can construct a whole pallets that will move intact all the way onto the final delivery vehicle, then physically put those pallets together and move them out based on receiving times for specific outbound UPS flights.

It may look random, but there's science behind it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae