The "What temporary phone are you using while you wait" Thread

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Motorola RAZR V3
razrv3.jpg

It don't get much more old-school that this or more crippling to someone used to owning the latest tech.

Tmobile G1 - Sold to friend ($80)
Galaxy S Vibrant - Sold to co-worker ($150)
Galaxy S II - Sold on eBay ($280)
Galaxy Nexus - Sold on eBay ($250)
Nexus 4

Last edited:

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Remember when the Motorola RAZR was $1000 and everyone wanted one. I still miss mine because it was so thin. Maybe this and a Nexus 7 3G would be better?! :)

I have my Nexus One on 2.3.6 and a miserable iPhone 4 that reboots or turns on when it feels like. The good thing is I'm trying out prepaid and a new carrier so it's been a nice side project.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I use about 10 -20gb of data a month on wimax if I can find a prepaid gsm carrier that I can do that with then MAYBE I would've gotten it but naw lol I'll just get the s3 and slap cm10 on it

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 5 and picked up a Galaxy Nexus from the Play Store while I waited. I didn't think the new Nexus would be so cheap to start, so I wasn't expecting to jump on it so quickly. I returned the GNex and got a full refund, but using my old Xperia arc S with ICS is brutal. I never should have updated it. I would have been better off with Gingerbread. This thing is painfully slow. I'm done typing out full Google searches before it even shows the first letter I typed. Tap on Twitter and 6 seconds later, it opens.

My buddy ordered a 3G Nexus 7 on launch day, and has shipping confirmation for Monday. My transaction is still pending. :(

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Same story with my GS2. If you're bored try rooting with a custom ROM. Mine was awesome with custom software but I had to give it up and go stock to access my corporate email. The stock ics rom on my phone is crap. :mad:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that HTC Nexus One (on the home page) for $80... I may pick that up for the next month as my contract with Verizon is up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Darthic

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Luckily decided not to sell my HTC One S til I tried out the N4. So not horribly suffering but will if its not here before Thanksgiving!

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using my GNex that just updated to 4.2! This is more than enough to hold me over until the 4 is back in stock in the Play Store.

Cloudscout#WN

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I signed up with AT&T on November 8th. I bought the Optimus G when I signed up. Of course LG had to rub their junk all over the Android UI which drove me nuts. Since I supposedly have a Nexus 4 on the way, I decided to exchange the Optimus G for a Lumia 920 this past Saturday. Pretty happy with it so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835