Has anyone in Canada received a Nexus 4 Shipping confirmation

saad ahmed1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email with your tracking number. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

If you have not received a package tracking number after the time quoted in your order confirmation email, please let us know.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of January 23.

Neuxs 4 backorders: Please note that the above date is based on typical shipment processing and does not apply to Nexus 4 backorders. Nexus 4 backorders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. If you receive a shipping confirmation email, then you will be able to track your delivery.
this is what they sent me after i asked them about my shipping. guys I need advice what should i do i mean it's to long of a wait.

haywung

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 3rd and got a 1-2 week ship date.

I emailed them and they said it should ship the evening of Dec 19th:

"Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email with your tracking number. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

If you have not received a package tracking number after the time quoted in your order confirmation email, please let us know.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of December 19.

Neuxs 4 backorders: Please note that the above date is based on typical shipment processing and does not apply to Nexus 4 backorders. Nexus 4 backorders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. If you receive a shipping confirmation email, then you will be able to track your delivery."

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I will just wait a bit longer. Seems Dec 19 is the timeframe.

If you got 1-2 weeks shipping (like me) then coming Monday is 1 weeks since order, so sometime between this and next Monday we should receive an email about the device being shipped :)

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Actually, based on the December 19th quote from the robotic Google emails, they are basing the 1-2 weeks on 2 days 'processing' time for your order after December 3rd, then 1-2 weeks shipping from December 5th.

Interesting, that explains the 19th really. Didn't think about the 2 days of processesing.

Good thinking :) the only thing is that now I will probably have to wait longer for the phone :(

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't read this thread anymore. It's getting comical. By all the comments you would think you all ordered your phones in mid November and have over due deliveries. If they said 1-2 weeks maybe you should wait that time before you get your panties in a wad.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
We're excited. We want our Nexus 4's six seconds ago. And Google's lack of transparency and communication on order status has left us grasping for any thread of a detail on when our lovely new device will arrive.

I also looked in my parent's closet for my xmas presents when I was kid. Didn't you?

Lol. Love it.

Well I am excited too, but I think Google did communicate with you. They said 1-2 weeks. :thumbup:

Next week we can hopefully see some emails going out.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
:D

Ok, so lack of transparency and adequate communication...

I got one one email, and yes was told the 1-2 weeks -- which of course they've not failed to meet yet. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they will come through, at least until 12:00:00.001am December 20th. ;) But they also stated "You will not be charged until your order has shipped." Wrong; I was charged immediately. So either they mis-stated their charge policy or they shipped without notifying me. I've had to go digging for every scrap of information I now know about their shipping process, or hear it from other users here. If I didn't know and understand that it's a high-demand item and that Google's not a fly-by-night operation, I'd be really worried that they'd taken my funds and kept me in the dark from that moment forward. If they're going to keep selling phones direct, they have some serious work to do improving their processes. I suspect they're devoting resources to that right now; I'm sure they don't need me telling them they dropped the ball on this launch.

But yes I'm impatient. I don't look in the closet at xmas any more, but I want my Nexus yesterday dammit! :p

Are you sure you were charged? Or maybe the funds were just "saved" on your CC but without actual charge?

Because this is what happened to me and a lot of other people here.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you were charged? Or maybe the funds were just "saved" on your CC but without actual charge?

Because this is what happened to me and a lot of other people here.

The funds on the CC are held in limbo until the phone is shipped. This means you will have less on your limit but you will not see an actual charge until the phone is shipped. This guarantees you had the funds when you ordered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC