Has anyone in Canada received a Nexus 4 Shipping confirmation

Lochtide

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Same boat as you. My status has been the same since Tuesday, no email whatsoever with an update. I called Google Play and they tell me "we're busy, no worries you should get a shipping confirmation later today". Yeah, right.

Hmm later today, well at the moment I would be surprised but lets hope we get a confirmation today. Then we just got to wait until about Tuesday for it to arrive.

LenMetallica

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know if we'll have to pay anything upon accepting delivery since it's coming up from the U.S.? (Duties, etc)

No, you shouldn't be paying anything.

Also called Google and CSR said since I haven't recieved the backorder email, my order should be still processing normally and could finish processing "any day". No sure date given.
BUT, according to the CSR, I could still receive the backorder email later which would mean up to 3 weeks until I get it. So, crossing my fingers here.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmm later today, well at the moment I would be surprised but lets hope we get a confirmation today. Then we just got to wait until about Tuesday for it to arrive.

At this point I'll just be ecstatic if I get a shipping confirmation. That will mean the phone is out of Google's hands and into UPS's hands. It will finally arrive and I can forget about ever ordering from Google Play again.

Johnnyboy5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I did (I'm in Oakville, Ontario). Ordered an 8 gb at 11:44am. Got a shipping notice last night at 6pm and today the tracker says its in Sharonville, Ohio. Estimated delivery is Nov. 20. Still no charge to my credit card though. Strange. This is my first Android device so really anxious to get it.

Tango6

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've still got nothing in New Brunswick. The web page still shows "Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012" and I've received no e-mail from them.

I ordered two 8GB models at November 13, 2012 12:51:01 PM UTC-4.

nickerpants

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Vancouver, BC here. My order for the 16GB Nexus 4 was completed, after a couple of errors and quite a bit of processing time, at 08:44 PST. My card was charged for the full amount, $419.07 on November 13th. I know their policy is that they will only charge you once the product has been shipped. I did not receive a shipping confirmation.

On November 15, I received the Back Order email. I contacted Google via email the same day and got a quick, and probably automated, response assuring me that my Nexus 4 is set to ship out that evening (November 15) and it sometimes takes up to 24 hours to receive a tracking number.

As of today I still do not have a shipping confirmation. I will definitely be contacting Google by phone on Monday to see what is going on with my order. I am even more anxious as this will be my first Android device.

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Vancouver, BC here. My order for the 16GB Nexus 4 was completed, after a couple of errors and quite a bit of processing time, at 08:44 PST. My card was charged for the full amount, $419.07 on November 13th. I know their policy is that they will only charge you once the product has been shipped. I did not receive a shipping confirmation.

On November 15, I received the Back Order email. I contacted Google via email the same day and got a quick, and probably automated, response assuring me that my Nexus 4 is set to ship out that evening (November 15) and it sometimes takes up to 24 hours to receive a tracking number.

As of today I still do not have a shipping confirmation. I will definitely be contacting Google by phone on Monday to see what is going on with my order. I am even more anxious as this will be my first Android device.

Hello nickerpants,

Contacting Google is a lost cause at this point. I know you still have that sliver of hope but the backorder email pretty much says it all. The CSR reps are outsourced and in the best case scenario they might say that your order will ship on monday, tuesday, etc. This is *usually* not the case for those with the B/O email. Those in limbo will probably have theirs shipped out by monday, but besides that the 3 week waiting period is very real indeed.

I also received the backorder email, my wallet is still pending, and the date still shows as shipping est. Nov 15. I know if and when we call on monday that we won't know anymore than we knew today.

From my understanding they *should* get a shipment next monday so the 26th would be a more realistic target to wait for.

Lochtide

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey fellow Canadians,

So I contacted google play support on Saturday and this is what they said. If you did not receive an email saying your order is in back-order then yours should be on time, and wait until monday to see if the shipping status changes. He said he has no way of checking (at the moment) if any Canadian orders went out, let alone mine specifically - seems strange. He said that he, and google, apologize for this incident, and lack of communication between them and us. If my shipping status does not change on Monday, then I am to send him a private email so he can look into it further. I have a feeling that by the end of Monday tho, mine will finally be shipped from the store location in the states (I really do hope...) Once it finally leaves the store location, I can almost bet it will take 5 days plus to reach me in Northern Ontario... oh well, I guess all we can do is keep waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey fellow Canadians,

So I contacted google play support on Saturday and this is what they said. If you did not receive an email saying your order is in back-order then yours should be on time, and wait until monday to see if the shipping status changes. He said he has no way of checking (at the moment) if any Canadian orders went out, let alone mine specifically - seems strange. He said that he, and google, apologize for this incident, and lack of communication between them and us. If my shipping status does not change on Monday, then I am to send him a private email so he can look into it further. I have a feeling that by the end of Monday tho, mine will finally be shipped from the store location in the states (I really do hope...) Once it finally leaves the store location, I can almost bet it will take 5 days plus to reach me in Northern Ontario... oh well, I guess all we can do is keep waiting.

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey fellow Canadians,

- - - Updated - - -

Hey fellow Canadians,

There is no such thing as sending them a "private email" as the reply email account to all google support goes to one big google support email, in which case normally you will be sent out a automated response message based on key words indicated in your communication to them. Also they don't have any way of check any orders US or Canadian, all the CSR's see is what we see on our screens plus a bit of information that trickles down to the from the inside, to be honest if you're on this forum or similar forums you are most likely more informed than most CSR's working for google. These CSR's also that work for google receive their information through various channels, however, they are not directly employed by google, they are simply contracted and the CSR service is outsourced to call centers that are available.

nickerpants

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello nickerpants,

Contacting Google is a lost cause at this point. I know you still have that sliver of hope but the backorder email pretty much says it all. The CSR reps are outsourced and in the best case scenario they might say that your order will ship on monday, tuesday, etc. This is *usually* not the case for those with the B/O email. Those in limbo will probably have theirs shipped out by monday, but besides that the 3 week waiting period is very real indeed.

I also received the backorder email, my wallet is still pending, and the date still shows as shipping est. Nov 15. I know if and when we call on monday that we won't know anymore than we knew today.

From my understanding they *should* get a shipment next monday so the 26th would be a more realistic target to wait for.

Thanks for the reply! I guess I am a bit impatient as it will be my first Android phone. I am currently one of the countless disenfranchised BlackBerry users looking to make the switch.

The whole back order process doesn't bother me. I work in distribution and I know it happens. But what really bothers me is that they took my money THEN told me that it was back ordered. It was definitely a charge since it has hit my credit card already. It is against their own policy (Charge once shipped). But I am definitely going to take your advice and see how things work out tomorrow before I decide to contact Google. I guess the biggest frustration for most people has been the lack of communication from Google about the issue, and the inconsistent responses people have been getting. But I know most of us are huge tech fans, and we can be a bit rabid sometimes.

Spaz888

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
$17 for shipping to Canada? Yikes, that's kinda steep. That must include brokerage fees? I wonder where the Nexus is being sent from. Is it maybe like Newegg where it is sent from the USA?

Has anyone tried ordering from the US site (if possible) and using a US credit card and then sending to Canada? Would that be cheaper?

InfinitiGuy

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
$17 for shipping to Canada? Yikes, that's kinda steep. That must include brokerage fees? I wonder where the Nexus is being sent from. Is it maybe like Newegg where it is sent from the USA?

Yes it must include the extra cost of shipping from the USA, my bumper case is coming from Louisville, KY, It's currently in Windsor, ON as of the last update from UPS.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My co-worker, who ordered after me and to the same place as me, has an estimated date of tomorrow. I'll update if he receives it, but so far it says on-time.

Meanwhile, I still wait for some sort of notification...

This is in Woodbridge Ontario.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
My co-worker, who ordered after me and to the same place as me, has an estimated date of tomorrow. I'll update if he receives it, but so far it says on-time.

Meanwhile, I still wait for some sort of notification...

This is in Woodbridge Ontario.

Have you called Google and spoken to a CSR at all?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463