rjfarrow

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Simple, just the way I like it.

AVznJ.jpg

radimir

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
how come almost all of you are running stock grid size of 4x5? or whatever it is. All of you have highly customizable roms or launchers. Why not open up those huge screens of ours!. i have 6x6 now. Things arent tiny, and it gives it a broader area, more room to breathe.

Here are mine.
ZsOSO.png

N6BUd.png

3 screens. No apps/icons. All the ones I use i put in the doc, have 3 swipable docs.

swipe down for app menu, swipe up for settings, managing apps, etc.

Apex launcher
Stock 4.2 digital clock.
Simi weather widget

Last edited:

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
This is my first Nexus device, is there a way to remove/add home screens on the stock launcher? It's the default 5 screens, but I only use/require 3, so is there a way to delete the other two?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This is my first Nexus device, is there a way to remove/add home screens on the stock launcher? It's the default 5 screens, but I only use/require 3, so is there a way to delete the other two?

No sir not on stock. I recommend Nova Launcher.. Tons of customization options. Apex is a fine choice as well, very similar.

macdaram

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, my first post on this forum.

Been a devout Nexus 1 user since the early days and just traded up to the N4, still love the old N1 but time to move on now.....

Anyway, here is my simplistic home screen:

APEX launcher
MetroStation Icons
Clockr time widget
....and the old faithful LockScreen widget (in conjunction with NoLock).

1z4lrtd.png

One question please......Is there any way to remove that poxy semi-transparent white horizontal bar above the dock???

Thanks guys :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, my first post on this forum.

Been a devout Nexus 1 user since the early days and just traded up to the N4, still love the old N1 but time to move on now.....

Anyway, here is my simplistic home screen:

APEX launcher
MetroStation Icons
Clockr time widget
....and the old faithful LockScreen widget (in conjunction with NoLock).

http://i50.tinypic.com/1z4lrtd.png

One question please......Is there any way to remove that poxy semi-transparent white horizontal bar above the dock???

Thanks guys :)

Should be an option in Apex settings, probably called something like "homescreen page indicator" if you browse through them..

macdaram

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Cheers 2def !

Found it after a few minutes:

Apex Settings>Dock Settings>Hide dock divider (select it for hidden)

New to Apex and didn't take time to discover all options....thanks anyway :)

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Wow what is the clock/weather widget? Calendar widget? Lock screen? Icons? DETAILS! Looks good.
Thanks! Being a graphic designer, I like a clean look.

Launcher - ADW EX with "Whiteout" theme icons
Weather/clock widget - Beautiful Widgets: Home Small with Suku ICS in ICS Blue for the clock skin and the weather skin is Skim Robo
Calendar Widget - Smooth Calendar
Lock Screen - Widget Locker with Jellybean theme/slider (ironically sort of buggy with 4.2, but I don't like the ICS theme/slider which apparently isn't so buggy) w/Widgetsoid custom flashlight shortcut

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just bought my first two ever paid apps - ADW and Beautiful Widgets...hopefully they run smoothly and weren't a waste of money! Thanks.
Thanks! Being a graphic designer, I like a clean look.

Launcher - ADW EX with "Whiteout" theme icons
Weather/clock widget - Beautiful Widgets: Home Small with Suku ICS in ICS Blue for the clock skin and the weather skin is Skim Robo
Calendar Widget - Smooth Calendar
Lock Screen - Widget Locker with Jellybean theme/slider (ironically sort of buggy with 4.2, but I don't like the ICS theme/slider which apparently isn't so buggy) w/Widgetsoid custom flashlight shortcut

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well here's my first attempt. I didn't end up liking the white icons since some were still color.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354208941678.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354208941678.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,100

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I didn't end up liking the white icons since some were still color.
Yeah, I rarely change all the icons, just the dock icons. FYI, you can hide the background of the home widget if you want. But on lighter wallpapers with light widget themes it may not work so well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance