LTE - AT&T HSPA+ 21 - T-Mo HSPA+42

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I continue to see the "no LTE" comments and debate continue in almost every thread of this forum regardless of topic. Typically the poster will post something to the effect of the Nexus 4 not having the LTE Radio and therefor being useless. Well, with all the backorder and demand issues we have all encountered this lack of LTE is apparently not a deal killer so why does this persist. I think the debate has been reviewed from every angle. In the end it is all about where you will be using your phone the most and what your personal preferences are.

For me the LTE coverage for most the areas I travel and work is non-existent with either AT&T or T-Mobile. I am lucky to get HSPA+ from either carrier and even 3G coverage is at a premium. On weekends we travel to a weekend home in Central Tennessee where I do pick up 3G in limited areas. For most of our drive we are out of cell coverage period through much of Kentucky and Tennessee.

For me and the areas I travel I would love to be able to get HSPA+ 21 from AT&T, T-Mobile only offers 2G coverage or Edge coverage in most areas I am in if anything.

For some of us, the no LTE argument is a no-brainer.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I felt this thread needed a discussion as your obviously put effort into typing this.
I agree with you, However, I do have LTE coverage but its a gimmic where I am. I have no need for it. Its not fully rolled out, only with two providers and plans only.
So at this rate, HSPA+ will probably match it as every network here runs it. I am glad that you have chosen to persist.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on Verizon. I have LTE at work, but not at home ten miles away. For almost everything i do, i honestly don't notice the difference between Verizon 3G and LTE, and Verizon 3G is a lot slower than HSPA+.

LTE would be nice occasionally, but I'd rather have timely OS updates, and carrier-specific LTE implementations means OS update delays.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37