AT&T apn settings

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I got my Nexus 4 but my data speeds are somewhat poor. I got the phone from the T-mobile store and I am using it on AT&T's network, I know that ATT has a fairly ok HSPA+ network and I know the speeds that I regularly get on it. Right now my Nexus only displays a "H" next to my signal bar instead of the H+. The woman at the ATT store said this phone would only receive 3g data... Is that the sim card, ATT, or my apn settings.
Thanks

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I got my Nexus 4 but my data speeds are somewhat poor. I got the phone from the T-mobile store and I am using it on AT&T's network, I know that ATT has a fairly ok HSPA+ network and I know the speeds that I regularly get on it. Right now my Nexus only displays a "H" next to my signal bar instead of the H+. The woman at the ATT store said this phone would only receive 3g data... Is that the sim card, ATT, or my apn settings.
Thanks

When using it with an AT&T straighttalk sim I had H+ so it's not the phone. I posted this in another thread but try these settings. [APN][AT&T][MMS][HSPA+] Single APN for HSPA+ Speeds AND MMS - (Updated 9/15) - xda-developers

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks

Xda posts said the t mobile versions of the phone were getting pretty weird data speeds when used on AT&T.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
There are APN setting apps which fix your APN for you.

I'm not aware of any that would actually work with the Nexus 4 tho, as didn't the changes made in ics pretty much break all of the apps that automatically fixed apn settings. Or did someone figure out a fix?

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I could really use some help here. I do not know why I am not getting HSPA+ speeds but this is silly. HSPA really sucks and I know people have used this phone on ATT.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I could really use some help here. I do not know why I am not getting HSPA+ speeds but this is silly. HSPA really sucks and I know people have used this phone on ATT.

I don't have my N4 yet but, on my Gnex I use a app called Offline Sim aPN Database pro. There is a pro and free version. It should show you the right settings but you have to manually enter them.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SIMAPNCheck&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5TSU1BUE5DaGVjayJd

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Will the phone show a H+ or just an H when I am on HSPA. All I have right now is an H next to the bars.

On my Gnex it only shows H and that's all it shows on At&t. In the settings it shows HSPDA-8 with is a HSPA standard. I'm not sure about the N4 but I think it has the same frenqencies as the Gnex with the exception that it will do HSPA-42 on Tmobile. I'm anxious to test all this out when I get the N4 but, from the looks of it, it not as fast as on Tmobile.

On my Gnex I get about 3-4 Mbps on At&t and almost double that on Tmobile, around 6-8 Mbps and this is HSPA-21.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I always find that some a dodgee, like i am on prepaid if i put the prepaid one in it slow but if i put the plan one (still works) it can be a ton faster.

rsoult3

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't have my N4 yet but, on my Gnex I use a app called Offline Sim aPN Database pro. There is a pro and free version. It should show you the right settings but you have to manually enter them.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SIMAPNCheck&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5TSU1BUE5DaGVjayJd

I was searching for mentions of my software and came across this thread.
If your settings are not there, or if the ones there do not work, send the developer (me) an email. I will update the database with the correct settings.

You do not have to enter them all manually, you can copy and paste the values. You do have to manually create the APN entry though to put the values in. It is a limitation with ICS and above.

Thank you for using the Offline SIM APN Database ^_^