Nexus 4 Failure

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Keep us updated. Hopefully its an isolated incident and not something which will cause problems for many people -- either in the software or hardware.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
don't believe the nonsense. this phone is insane fast and smooth. proof positive that benchmarks dont mean jack .

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Thermal throttling is a good thing for the longevity of the device. The number one enemy of electronics is heat.
Also, listen to agalvin13, benchmarks don't mean jack.

We are talking about a phone here not a server farm. No one brought up benchmarks, they do not mean jack at all.

There are quite a few other things that are coming out as wrong about this phone and it is barely in users hands yet.

I really hope it does not turn into the debacle it is shaping up to be. I want the Nexus to be good....

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

IrnBruster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just thought Id update this.

The pointers you guys gave were spot on in terms of trying to factory reset the phone but its unresponsive.

I just talked to someone at Google. I explained the situation and they said they will send me another phone. He said that even though its sold out they have an allocation to deal with DOA's

Because its the weekend nothing can be done but hopefully I will have an email in the morning to get things moving. Regardless I will update this thread if nothing else as a record of customer service.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Just thought Id update this.

The pointers you guys gave were spot on in terms of trying to factory reset the phone but its unresponsive.

I just talked to someone at Google. I explained the situation and they said they will send me another phone. He said that even though its sold out they have an allocation to deal with DOA's

Because its the weekend nothing can be done but hopefully I will have an email in the morning to get things moving. Regardless I will update this thread if nothing else as a record of customer service.
Nice... Yea, I was going to post up a link over to XDA forum that someone unboxed their phone and right away had a scratch on the left outer "ring" portion. So he called Google yesterday and they will be sending him a new phone tomorrow. He even posted up his new order email from Google confirming so. He said, like you, that Google has plenty of phones already that are for warranty/issues, so you should be good to go too.
Good luck and keep us posted!

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Even though they didn't plan for the high demand, they planned for all the broken ones? Are you kidding me. Well at least that backs up what I said about the "first batch" having problems. Google admits it. I just hope they don't send out refurbs already.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Even though they didn't plan for the high demand, they planned for all the broken ones? Are you kidding me. Well at least that backs up what I said about the "first batch" having problems. Google admits it. I just hope they don't send out refurbs already.

It's common practice for manufacturers to reserve units for defective replacements, as it has been proven that nothing is 100% perfect. It's better to have people who paid for theirs be able to get them replaced if need be, than to sell every single unit they made, and have people who need replacements wait for weeks.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
We are talking about a phone here not a server farm. No one brought up benchmarks, they do not mean jack at all.

There are quite a few other things that are coming out as wrong about this phone and it is barely in users hands yet.

I really hope it does not turn into the debacle it is shaping up to be. I want the Nexus to be good....

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

i can only speak for the one i have in hand. but this is the best phone i have ever used. There is always people on here or on tech blogs complaining about new phones over small minutiae. this is the best phone out right now, the only two flaws is the 16gb rom and lack of LTE. Besides that this thing is pretty flawless. Defective units happen. Luckily google is saving some to provide to customers if they receive one. Yet some how you are complaining about them doing this?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It's common practice for manufacturers to reserve units for defective replacements, as it has been proven that nothing is 100% perfect. It's better to have people who paid for theirs be able to get them replaced if need be, than to sell every single unit they made, and have people who need replacements wait for weeks.

Yep, that's exactly how it works. Like I said, the first ones are expected to have problems. That's exactly why they make more. Hope everything works out.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Do you think Google is the only company to do something like this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Of course they do. I'm sure thousands are just laying around. Nice plan Google!

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. But I think this is a very good plan by Google. They have to deal with helping people who have already made their purchases.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I guess no one here likes people AGREEING with them. Yes it is common practice, yes it is a GREAT idea, and no Google isn't the only company to do it. You see,I agree with everything you say. Now let's get back to the main point. All of these companies use this great idea that is common practice because they all know that with a new product comes new problems that they will have to face. My God, that was hard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey