Nexus 4 Petitions Circulating in the Android World

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
As much as I want my phone, ITS JUST A PHONE! Holy crap. Do people really not have more important things in their lives? Family, work friends, beer..?? Yes Google did a terrible launch but you will have your phone.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
As much as I want my phone, ITS JUST A PHONE! Holy crap. Do people really not have more important things in their lives? Family, work friends, beer..?? Yes Google did a terrible launch but you will have your phone.

hear hear. I have a mkiv supra as well

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
No need for a petition. If Google disappointed you that much take your business elsewhere. As for me, three weeks is right around the corner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like this would slow their current resources down try to get the N4 out there, slowing down their resources to respond to those in "limbo" when they have to respond to email like that.

Rbower

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Because all the emails and phone calls directed to google aren't using their resources? It's the lack of communication that caused this in the first place.

They are lucky the competition is lacking or many people would be going elsewhere with their business.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
whats wrong with people??? Its silly to make petition for these thing. and whats with these petition. do anyone look at this?

They soldout. and soon will be back end of story.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to start a petition to get hostess back in business. Watching die hard makes me appreciate the fine taste of a twinkie.

It's just a phone.
Let's put things into perspective.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
whats wrong with people??? Its silly to make petition for these thing. and whats with these petition. do anyone look at this?

They soldout. and soon will be back end of story.

right... except for the part about NO COMMUNICATION to us! I can't afford to have 4-hundy hanging like this, tell me something google!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

socaltyger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Stores sell out of products, I get that. But just don't tell me I didn't make it on time... I was in the door within minutes. Yet the person behind me by 20mins has their product delivered. When asked to explain how this happened, Google feigns stupidity.. "I don't have the answer to that". Just be honest with us and tell us you are not shipping them out first come first served. Don't tell me tomorrow, in three days, in three weeks.. next month. That, more than anything is what is pissing people off.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Stores sell out of products, I get that. But just don't tell me I didn't make it on time... I was in the door within minutes. Yet the person behind me by 20mins has their product delivered. When asked to explain how this happened, Google feigns stupidity.. "I don't have the answer to that". Just be honest with us and tell us you are not shipping them out first come first served. Don't tell me tomorrow, in three days, in three weeks.. next month. That, more than anything is what is pissing people off.

It might have been a computer glitch, geez! Honestly, it's not like Google picked who gets to get the first round, and who doesn't. It's honestly not their fault. I can guess and say that like 500+ people ordered the same product, the same second as the next guy. The computer has to process all that information. And a petition is really NOT necessary. That's just as stupid of an idea as the states trying to secede. Let's all just wait in line. I'm in Tel Aviv at the moment, but my phone is coming to my house in New York. I'm actually glad that I'm backordered so I can be home when I get my phone.

imthekingbk

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
People were signing petitions after those who pre-ordered a Nexus 7 got theirs later than those who bought them from a retail store. Nothing came from that. I wouldn't hold your breath on this doing anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It might have been a computer glitch, geez! Honestly, it's not like Google picked who gets to get the first round, and who doesn't. It's honestly not their fault. I can guess and say that like 500+ people ordered the same product, the same second as the next guy. The computer has to process all that information. And a petition is really NOT necessary. That's just as stupid of an idea as the states trying to secede. Let's all just wait in line. I'm in Tel Aviv at the moment, but my phone is coming to my house in New York. I'm actually glad that I'm backordered so I can be home when I get my phone.

Jesus Tel Aviv? Get home safe... A phone is secondary.

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Official Response: They sold out. They said sorry, they're refunding the shipping if you got backordered. It happens. Move on. This is still just a phone we're talking about.

Is there a link that mentions Google refunding the shipping if you got backordered?

I never heard anything about that. I just googled it and couldn't find anything. Link please?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Official Google response to said petition:

Dear petitioner,

We here at Google would like to give you a response to your well thought out and cunning petition. I will answer each question as it is stated below.
Give an official response on the Nexus 4 shipping/backorder fiasco.

Well here you are, your response. We do take exception to the "fiasco" term, but we will let that slide right now

1. Why is shipping not based on order time.

We try to be as paperless as possible, but guess what? We still have humans around here that have to pick the item, then package it, then get it to its assigned pickup area, then some other guy picks it up and takes it to another guy who gives it to a guy who puts it on the plane, just to have another guy take it off the plane and give it to a guy to assign it to another guy to take it to you house. Now sometimes the first guy goes on break or goes home and his allotment is not ready to ship yet. So there it sits, maybe for a day. Sorry. We are human. I won't even get into the fact that we released the product WORLDWIDE.do you know how many friggin units we sold that night? Do you know how many distribution points we are shipping this stuff from? Now imagine if we had to worry about shipping everyone in THE EXACT ORDER that they were taken. How friggin long would it take us to ship then? We are doing what we can. You will get yours.

2. Why did you take more orders than you/LG can handle

You are already complaining about how we did it the first time, and what? Would you like to see us repeat it several more times? Hell do you know how many and how long friggin FURBY's were in and out of stock? Don't even get me started on PS or the WII. Backorders are a way of life. It is good business sense. Why? We sold our stock, we now know how much of our incoming inventory is sold and gonna go out and we can plan ahead for the delivery after that. How dumb would it have been for us to say, we only made 50000000, that is is until the next 5000000 come off the line.

3. Why can't the CSR's respond with a uniform answer, it seems as if there no communication from higher management to the CSR's, each CSR has a different answer.

No the have the same answer, they just have different ways of telling you it is on backorder. Not to mention, we can say that, then you want to know when. Well we higher ups know, but no we are not telling the CSRs. Why? FOR THE EXACT REASON YOU ARE COMPLAINING NOW. On the morning of XX date, we will get 10000 phone calls of where is my phone?!?!?! Then we get more stupid petitions on the next fiasco and I have to waste more time answering this crap.

You know you waited an entire year for a new Nexus. You waited 6 months for the next version of Android. I am pretty sure the next few weeks will not kill you. If you didnt get in to preorder, we apologize but crap happens. Amazon has had server outages, eBay has, just about all websites have had one at some critical point when you are getting crushed by customers. Think about it. How many people were pounding the F5 key all night long? You had ENTIRE THREADS dedicated to it. Not just one either, you had several. Servers and bandwidth can only handle so much. Don't give me that crap about "well your Google, you have tons of servers". Yeah you are right we do, but guess what? Each server has a purpose and usually they cannot be re-purposed on the fly just to order the phone. We sure as hell were not going to take away from our core business for this.

Hey if you think we messed up, we apologize. We did the best we could with what we have and the N4 really went above our expectations. Guess what? We are Google, we will crunch the numbers, see where we failed and do better next time.

If you cannot accept our apology, tough. We cannot change what happened. We can learn and do better next time.

In closing, thank you for contacting us and we hope you enjoy the phone as soon as we can get it to you.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
... It's honestly not their fault....
I don't think it gets more naive than this. It is their fault -- they're accountable for the problems. Just as you and I are for our problems.

• They own the servers, infrastructure, and software of their store. They're an established, big, successful company. They can afford to mount a store able to handle a big unveiling.
  • They are one of the leading Internet firms, bar none. They are the search engine site for most of the world. They know about load balancing.
  • They consider themselves -- I think -- the big arbiter of "how the Web is done." Their "delisting" penalty messages snobbily tell webmasters what to do to meet Google's standards. No kidding! If they can haughtily tell other sites how bad they suck for not meeting their standards, we can tell them how bad they suck for not being able to manage a store that's up to the demands of modern Internet commerce.
  • Amazon, Zappo, Best Buy, all these other companies have figured out how to run stores that can handle loads of peak shopping. This is not something new and cutting edge. This was being sorted in 1999, 2000, 2001. 11 frigging years ago!
  • Google has tons of money. I don't care that maybe their Play store is the poor pauper at the corporate budget trough, but they are advertising all over the world about "The Playground is open." You don't follow that buildup with "Our playground is broke-a** lame and can't handle an opening day of sales of less than a dozen different devices." No. I don't buy the supposition that the Play store is underfunded and strapped for server resources. No. Not credible.

Tell me another bedtime story, I'm tired of this "Oh, poor Google, take pity on little Google" crap. They have NO excuse for the failing of the Play store. And I don't want to hear any more of this, "Oh, it's on you consumers, we didn't think you'd want this phone so much, we just didn't have enough store servers online that morning. Sorry. Tuesdays are 'tiptoe through the tulips' day here at Google." That's such a childish copout.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You know how I know that you have either no idea how business works or have never had to deal with a high demand product ordering and distribution system?

That's right, everything you said is the tip off

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21