Syncing Google Nexus 4 with OS X?

lev.b

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm in my 2nd day of enjoying GN4, but I need to sync some music and contacts from my Mac OS X. Doubletwist won't work, as according to its website, GN4 only offers USB MTB mode and doubletwist operates under MSC mode. I have downloaded Android File transfer, but it won't work for contacts, and it's not that useful for music either for I can't sync playlists from iTunes.

Any help would be appreciated.

jonnie_r

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If you use gmail for your contacts you can sync your OS X address book to gmail.

Not sure about music though sorry as mine is all synced to my home server.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
For music use Google Play Music, it will sync all your iTunes library complete with playlists.

You contacts and calendars you can sync with your Google account.

lev.b

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much. I figured out how to "Keep files on device" with Google Play Music. I had uploaded all my music to Google long ago, but didn't know how to download them to the device. Thanks!

As for the contacts, I reluctantly now synced my Mac and iPad contacts with Google. I wanted to avoid doing this as I fear there will be hundreds of duplicates and bunch of email-only contacts on my iPad and Nexus 4. I wish there was a more precise way of doing this.
For music use Google Play Music, it will sync all your iTunes library complete with playlists.

You contacts and calendars you can sync with your Google account.

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm in my 2nd day of enjoying GN4, but I need to sync some music and contacts from my Mac OS X. Doubletwist won't work, as according to its website, GN4 only offers USB MTB mode and doubletwist operates under MSC mode. I have downloaded Android File transfer, but it won't work for contacts, and it's not that useful for music either for I can't sync playlists from iTunes.

Any help would be appreciated.

music manager for Google Music will import all of your iTunes music to the cloud. Then you can just grab the music from the cloud on your Nexus 4 and enjoy listening

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
As for the contacts, I reluctantly now synced my Mac and iPad contacts with Google. I wanted to avoid doing this as I fear there will be hundreds of duplicates and bunch of email-only contacts on my iPad and Nexus 4. I wish there was a more precise way of doing this.

You'll overall be better off using Google contacts than sticking with the old "sync" method of using Apple's contacts.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski