Less 5 days till more N4

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the holiday season is pretty much Christmas but I wouldn't put it past a money hungry company to have a "sell out"and magically have plenty for black Friday. Haha now I'm a conspiracy theorist.
But really though, these companies are smarter than we think they are. They have huge teams that figure out best times to launch, when and where, how, etc.

Definitely agree here. They're google for gods sake. The sell out created tons of publicity.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
No it was working and I highly doubt it will be any cheaper. I just want it to be on sale again! Even if that link isn't real, that's what I thought would happen. Do you think they will miss out on the biggest shopping day of the year?

Do you not know what Black Friday is? It's the biggest sales day of the year because of ludicrous discounts... it's highly unlikely the brand new, still-in-high-demand Nexus 4 will be marked down any. There's zero logic in there.

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't think Google cares about being on sale for Black Friday (or Cyber Monday, lulz) as much as they just care about being available for a couple weeks before Christmas. They surely wanna be able to deliver devices for the holidays.

True. Unfortunately that means it could still be the full 3 weeks before any more go on sale. Since the backorder emails went out on Friday, the 16th, three weeks would be December 7th. That's still in time for Christmas shopping and delivery. I sure hope they sort it out sooner than that though. They also better not put them up for sale this week with a 2-3 week delivery time or I will be extremely upset. :mad:

DizkoDan

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you not know what Black Friday is? It's the biggest sales day of the year because of ludicrous discounts... it's highly unlikely the brand new, still-in-high-demand Nexus 4 will be marked down any. There's zero logic in there.

That's not really true at all. It's only that way because there are enough sheep around to believe the marketing. Most people are smart enough to know that the "deals" on BF are mostly BS. Black Friday has been around a lot longer than the ridiculous marketing campaigns for door busters and the like. It is historically the biggest shopping day of the year, because most people have the day off after the holiday, and it's the "official" start of the holiday shopping season. Before all this nonsense of camping out for stuff, it was just a day for families to go shopping together.

See "cyber monday" for further proof of the marketing nonsense.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just don't see the playstore not stocking the Nexus 4 at least once in the next 3 weeks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

If they stock it without filling all the orders of people currently waiting, a lot of people are going to be extremely pissed off. Even more so.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

If you actually read the thread you would see I said it would be crazy to think Google would let the already stupid low price. Yes black Friday is for sales, but as other people stated it is also when the majority of all shopping is done...not just sales. Most of the "sales" aren't really sales. It's the mob mentality. "everyone is shopping...I gotta shop"

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Iirc 98% of Google's profits are from ads. Them selling this phone at a rly rly cheap price just shows its not in this for the money. The phone could have easily retailed for $499 and likely sold just as well.

I understand it might be a goal of theirs to get stock in for Christmas but it doesn't mean it'll be a reality. They showed how incompetent they are with this round of sales.

I disagree. I think the price point was what enticed many of us (including myself). If the phone were $500, I honestly wouldn't go for it. And I think they are selling this phone at $300-$350 to buy market share, which means more use of Google mobile services, which means more ad revenue for them, so indirectly it is still about money.

Jax Tiger

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't put it past a money hungry company to have a "sell out"and magically have plenty for black Friday.

We wouldn't have all of these fantastic phones and probably not even an Android system, let alone Android 4.2.1, if not for the money being made off these products. People like to complain about greedy companies, but greed is the motivator that drives entrepreneurship. It's both a blessing and a curse, but far more of a blessing than a curse. If we take away a company's ability to make money, we also take away their motivation to make new products. We can't have our cake and eat it, too...

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
We wouldn't have all of these fantastic phones and probably not even an Android system, let alone Android 4.2.1, if not for the money being made off these products. People like to complain about greedy companies, but greed is the motivator that drives entrepreneurship. It's both a blessing and a curse, but far more of a blessing than a curse. If we take away a company's ability to make money, we also take away their motivation to make new products. We can't have our cake and eat it, too...

I guess you don't understand. I'm not saying it's a bad thing.I'm saying because of this I think we will see them in stock sooner than expected. Please read post before replying.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
That's not really true at all. It's only that way because there are enough sheep around to believe the marketing. Most people are smart enough to know that the "deals" on BF are mostly BS. Black Friday has been around a lot longer than the ridiculous marketing campaigns for door busters and the like. It is historically the biggest shopping day of the year, because most people have the day off after the holiday, and it's the "official" start of the holiday shopping season. Before all this nonsense of camping out for stuff, it was just a day for families to go shopping together.

See "cyber monday" for further proof of the marketing nonsense.

Not true at all? That's not quite accurate... at all.

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If they stock it without filling all the orders of people currently waiting, a lot of people are going to be extremely pissed off. Even more so.

Sadly I think it's possibility that could happen especially after my personal experience with the N7 pre-orders debacle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
what is this debacle with the n7 pre orders i keep hearing about?

Basically people who preorder first(I order first day withim a few hours) got their N7 last and thoughs who preordered last(days to weeks after the preorder launch) got their N7 first. This issue effect a good groups of people. Plus many other annoying shipping and charging issues.

I did it get a refund for shipping until month later after 4 calls.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: here they come!

Meaning people are getting them today. Way faster than the 3 week window. Once again Google was wrong. I hope they are wrong about 3 weeks to restock. Geez.