Less 5 days till more N4

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
No it was working and I highly doubt it will be any cheaper. I just want it to be on sale again! Even if that link isn't real, that's what I thought would happen. Do you think they will miss out on the biggest shopping day of the year?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No it was working and I highly doubt it will be any cheaper. I just want it to be on sale again! Even if that link isn't real, that's what I thought would happen. Do you think they will miss out on the biggest shopping day of the year?

Considering that Google's main plan here was not to maximize profits with these phones, I rly don't think Black Friday means anything to them. Not to mention nobody is skipping REAL shopping deals to sit at home and refresh Google's 3 items up for sale.

Unless they just hired a bunch of staff in the past 3 days who are super efficient in knowing what they are doing.....I highly doubt they will get caught up in the next 3 days.

But there is a possibility that I am wrong.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Don't think Google cares about being on sale for Black Friday (or Cyber Monday, lulz) as much as they just care about being available for a couple weeks before Christmas. They surely wanna be able to deliver devices for the holidays.

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I think what I walk away from this is: Google needs to have pre-orders just like everyone else. If it really is true that they had enough stock and the reason they are "Sold Out" or "Backordered" is people ordered multiples, thats an issue that would be solved by pre-orders in my opinion. Lets hope that people who have receipts, like myself, actually get units shipped this week :D.

And as a note for future Play Store Launches: Don't Hit Refresh So Many Times! :p

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Um any company's plan is to maximize profits. Where are you from? And I'm not implying that everyone will shop at Google on Friday or that if they don't get it Friday they will never buy it. What I am saying is, every company knows Most people do Christmas shopping on Friday. Not all of the shopping, MOST.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Haha and that's the whole point! You won't have to sit at home and refresh all day. There will be enough! They will have plenty for the "holiday season". Whatever that is.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Um any company's plan is to maximize profits. Where are you from? And I'm not implying that everyone will shop at Google on Friday or that if they don't get it Friday they will never buy it. What I am saying is, every company knows Most people do Christmas shopping on Friday. Not all of the shopping, MOST.

Iirc 98% of Google's profits are from ads. Them selling this phone at a rly rly cheap price just shows its not in this for the money. The phone could have easily retailed for $499 and likely sold just as well.

I understand it might be a goal of theirs to get stock in for Christmas but it doesn't mean it'll be a reality. They showed how incompetent they are with this round of sales.

TdotLee

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I know this is my first post, so everyone may question me. But a google support rep told me (off the record & not official) to expect more around Black Friday as well. I was told this when I called on the 13th about having problems with the "cart error". I was also unable to get one on the 13th, so I'm stuck continuing to use my G1 for a little longer :-( .

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I know this is my first post, so everyone may question me. But a google support rep told me (off the record & not official) to expect more around Black Friday as well. I was told this when I called on the 13th about having problems with the "cart error". I was also unable to get one on the 13th, so I'm stuck continuing to use my G1 for a little longer :-( .

Assuming that this site got the same info from a regular rep and not someone of real power then I would take it with a grain of salt. We'll see though. It would surprise me if Google even ships out their current orders by that time.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Iirc 98% of Google's profits are from ads. Them selling this phone at a rly rly cheap price just shows its not in this for the money. The phone could have easily retailed for $499 and likely sold just as well.

I understand it might be a goal of theirs to get stock in for Christmas but it doesn't mean it'll be a reality. They showed how incompetent they are with this round of sales.
CostCostCost
Well they aren't selling it just for the fun of it and they most certainly aren't taking a loss. That phone probably cost less than 200 to make. just like TV ads that say "a 90 dollar value all yours for 19.99" do you think they are really just giving it away? And yes, this isn't their main source of revenue, but that doesn't mean that they don't want to make as much as possible.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
CostCostCost
Well they aren't selling it just for the fun of it and they most certainly aren't taking a loss. That phone probably cost less than 200 to make. just like TV ads that say "a 90 dollar value all yours for 19.99" do you think they are really just giving it away? And yes, this isn't their main source of revenue, but that doesn't mean that they don't want to make as much as possible.

I'll just assume you are in the mind of Google. I don't know what they are thinking, but to me this is not the best way to "make as much as possible".

I just have my doubts that a random rep knows when Google will replenish stock....Esp since it doesn't seem like they know how many they have sold yet.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh my God...that's all I have for that. I don't believe anything a Google rep says. These are my opinions and thoughts.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If anyone cares, at 10:40 pm EST, my helpful Google rep, Denise, told me they are still working on backorders and they will be in stock in the next few weeks. So there,a final answer. It will be between 5 days and a few weeks. How hard is that to understand? :)

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If anyone cares, at 10:40 pm EST, my helpful Google rep, Denise, told me they are still working on backorders and they will be in stock in the next few weeks. So there,a final answer. It will be between 5 days and a few weeks. How hard is that to understand? :)

Thank goodness we got a straight answer. This is great news, thx for passing it along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer