Bugs, Kinks, Problems everything that needs to be worked out on Nexus 4 goes here......

Knuckle9

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I have decided to wait on getting a nexus 4 (as if i have a choice) after reading all these threads. I think Google and LG need time to work out some kinks.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah if I would have believed all the bad stuff I read about the phone I have now I would have never bought it. I haven't had one problem with it. I did buy it about a year after it came out so it did have time to get bugs worked out...

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if I would have believed all the bad stuff I read about the phone I have now I would have never bought it. I haven't had one problem with it. I did buy it about a year after it came out so it did have time to get bugs worked out...

If you read the side-effects of tylenol you'd never take it.

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe this is a result of my corporate account ----

Once you add a corporate account that requests security settings, you are no longer allowed to add lockscreen widgets, nor can you access the camera by swiping to the right.

I was REALLY excited about the camera being so quick to access and hoped it would work despite adding my corporate account, but alas, that is not the case.

manVSpan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I think I've found a bug with 4.2. I've come from Gingerbread, so this might be a "feature." Anyways, I was having unusual battery usage where Android OS was eating up ~35% of the battery. Almost on par with the screen. It wouldn't always happen though. Something was keeping it awake. I finally tracked it down. It was the keyboard.

If I turn of the screen, before I finish my text input, the OS goes into the keep awake state and drains the hell out of the battery. So, I don't know if this is user error on my part? where I should finish text entry before turning off the screen or an actual bug. How does android 4.0 or 4.1 handle this?

Thanks

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Of course a discussion of any kind is generally acceptable, as is this one. But let's discuss actual problems, substantiated problems.. not list every whimsy we create about our phones. It's just silly after awhile.

Just imo, feel free to discuss. I remember when I had an HTC Hero... I had the phone for years and got involved online with the Android Community and there was a similar thread about that phone.. at the time there was an issue called ' dust under the screen issue' Everyone online was returning phones, calling customer support to complain... then rant online for not getting a replacement. I looked at my phone and realized I had the same issue, not once did it bother me or diminish my experience with that God awful phone lol. I never noticed THAT problem. I just think we are being a little too anal about some things
After having returned both defective POS galaxy nexuses and going back to trusty iphone 4s i'm now collecting every information about yet another "nexus" device before i decide to make that purchase.
On a side note, iphone 4s doesn't have a "dust under the screen issue" anywhere on it due to its specific construction. And i returned my GS3 because the top part of the display wasnt properly attached to the chassis of the phone and collected looots of dust. (I even had to use a piece of paper from time to time to clean it..) I hated it because of that. So yes there are people that get bothered by certain things other people may not even notice. I agree about the "anal" part though lol. Its very hard to please absolutely everyone

Last edited:

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
After having returned both defective POS galaxy nexuses and going back to trusty iphone 4s i'm now collecting every information about yet another "nexus" device before i decide to make that purchase.
On a side note, iphone 4s doesn't have a "dust under the screen issue" anywhere on it due to its specific construction. And i returned my GS3 because the top part of the display wasnt properly attached to the chassis of the phone and collected looots of dust. (I even had to use a piece of paper from time to time to clean it..) I hated it because of that. So yes there are people that get bothered by certain things other people may not even notice.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I respect your view of course but there is a fine line on some issues.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I think I've found a bug with 4.2. I've come from Gingerbread, so this might be a "feature." Anyways, I was having unusual battery usage where Android OS was eating up ~35% of the battery. Almost on par with the screen. It wouldn't always happen though. Something was keeping it awake. I finally tracked it down. It was the keyboard.

If I turn of the screen, before I finish my text input, the OS goes into the keep awake state and drains the hell out of the battery. So, I don't know if this is user error on my part? where I should finish text entry before turning off the screen or an actual bug. How does android 4.0 or 4.1 handle this?

Thanks

Great find...that may be a problem a lot of ppl are having and did not know about...

falcor87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I experience the rattle, but it's a non-issue. I have to shake it pretty violently while the back is right up beside my ear, even then it's hard to hear. Is it possible the rattle is from the vibration mechanism moving?

This phone is definitely warmer than my last, but nothing to be worried about so far. One thing I noticed is that when I first set up my phone, before really using any of the apps, Currents began eating a massive share of the battery. This hasn't happened since ~6 hours after I first used the phone.

I'll keep an eye out and update this post.

sherwin892

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I like how some of you just want to conveniently disregard some of the problems we're having when the reality is they do exist. Just because you hardware is fine and dandy doesn't mean everyone elses is. I'm glad you guys don't have the same issues as some of us are having but we are simply stating and sharing what we're experiencing and seeing, both good and bad. I personally don't have a reason to lie nor do I see things magically just because someone decided to make this thread. It isn't intended to create paranoia but to inform others who might be experiencing the same issues.

With that said, my particular unit definitely has yellow areas that have slightly faded. I read in another and other forums/community who don't disregard others and who have been helpful to others that it is the glue that plagued the iPhone. It will go away, hopefully one it has 'cured' or has completely dried up.

There rattling on mine, but it does not bother me nor do I feel is a reason for me to exchange the unit.

I will need more time with my phone in terms of the heat issue.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed that's on the list is the charging. It does seem to take longer than normal. This also happens on the Nexus 10 also so it may not be a hardware issue. I did noticed a very faint rattle when I shook the phone however, I wouldn't have shook it if I hadn't been reading about the issue. It reminds me of the antenae-gate thing with the Iphone 4 were people were squeezing the phone to trying and make the signal drop.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Always keep in mind, there are many bugs for this phone, most are assembly issues LG has to work out, and knowledge of threads like this will definitely get the word out to LG and Google and hopefully we will have a better bug-free phone in the future, I work for Foxconn, as a repair technician, I can tell you 90% of the issues are from assembly, it is always human error to account for, the lack of correct way to put it together...

We see a few bugs here, no doubt over a couple of hundred people will see the same problems, but that is very miniscule to how many phones where actually built, that is probably less than 1%, actually way less, but that is good info for them to know.

Today I have personally sent Google Support this information and asked them to forward to somebody who can communicate to LG so we all can get a better product.

What would be good is if more people other than me sent this information to them, they have to know and LG has to know so they can correct these problems.

what did Google/LG say?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually haven't heard word yet, but I am about to send another until I do see a response or something.

Why? You don't own the device yet you are effectively harassing Google about problems you've only heard of second-hand through forums. See my post in your other thread about why you shouldn't buy into the complaints you read in forums. Yes some products are defective, as with every single piece of technology that hits the market. They are the minority. If you receive a defective device, exchange it for a good one.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Look at it this way, I want to get the phone, but I don't want a defective phone, I am sure they (Google or LG) don't know many of the problems, the faster they know about the problems, the faster they can resolve the problems. Not harassment, just concerned. If nobody speaks up, how do they know something is wrong?

I only list my employment to Foxconn to basically show that I know something about quality testing before sending product out to customer.

I think I speak for the entire forum when I say to just quit crying until you actually receive a defective unit.

otherwise you are just being obnoxious

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie