Bugs, Kinks, Problems everything that needs to be worked out on Nexus 4 goes here......

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: GTH :)

Since I cannot close the thread I am just going to make a nuisance of it.

Well, next time you want my attention you can PM me.

That being said, let's keep this civil and constructive. No more "GTH" to just be annoying. Discuss, argue, debate. Don't be disrespectful.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

My dads Nexus 4 gets hot at the top. What is surprising is that it heats up with light usage. It isn't a big deal, I just hope the heat isn't damaging the battery in any way. He won't even feel the heat when his case comes.

saundersadam

May 25, 2012
Visit site

Called google about the random reboots and they are sending me a free replacement. If you are having any issue just call Google and get it taken care of just in case. No point in suffering through having a phone that you aren't one hundred percent satisfied with.

gomab357

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

The only issue I have deals with voice quality. When midway or above, the volume is very distorted. How would an exchange request work when they are on backorder?

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Speaker phone sucks on this thing. Music and videos play much louder than phone calls. Am I missing something here?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

P.S. Almost all your posts were quoted, I'm not sure what you were attempting to accomplish by erasing what you wrote. The internet doesn't forget :)

So far this phone is what I have been looking for, but some early adopters are seeing problems that LG needs to sort out before delivering to Google to sale to us the consumer and I put this thread up in the hopes that if LG or Google employees who are paid to look into these problems will take notice, so if you see any problems from other sites or personally see yourself, other than what I have put here please also include them, thanks.

1. Yellow smears on LCD from glue. Screen has got a yellow tint after warming - xda-developers
2. Wifi signal is problematic.
3. Overheating on top of the phone and other areas of phone.
4. Picture quality...yes quality, sucks, many people see that edge detail is not crisp but in fact blurry and very noise ridden for pictures of the 8 megapixel.
5. People have mentioned some lag, could be due to the android 4.2 software throttle it down to dual cpu to keep from over heating, apparently not final software?
6. Out of the blue....back cracking with no impact. Back Glass Cracked around speaker - xda-developers
Beware - WEAK Gorilla Glass! Scratches out of nowhere - xda-developers
7. Nexus arriving with scratches already :(. Nexus 4 arrived with scratches - xda-developers
8. Nexus has hissing and crackling sound from ear piece. nexus 4 constant hissing and crackling sounds emitting from earpiece - xda-developers
Constant noise on top speaker - xda-developers
9. Rattling noise when phone is shaken? Does your N4 rattle? - xda-developers
It rattles!! - xda-developers
10. Random reboots. Random reboots - xda-developers
11. Screen led leakage. Nexus 4 Screen Impurities - xda-developers
12. Dead Pixels? dead pixel? - xda-developers
13. Overheating when charging. :( Hardware Defect with USB communication and charging - xda-developers
14. Slow charging. http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/228240-slow-charge-nexus-4-a.html#post2360941
15. Some apps stay awake when screen turns off, draining battery....bad bug from JB 4.2, yes lack of a sleep mode or terminate signal on JB.
16. Nexus 4's external glass is slippery and tends to slip off and hitting floor most frequently causing either the front of the back glass to crack. The screen chips extremely easily - xda-developers
17. Camera not taking pictures...huh...yes, faulty camera, maybe camera app? Camera Bugs - xda-developers
18. Gap in the bezel, assembly errors. Gap between bezel and side of phone - xda-developers
19. Dark spots under glass screen. Ah crap. Black dots under screen. - xda-developers
20. Accelerometer not working. Accelerometer does not work!! - xda-developers

Most of my info is coming from XDA site, but every site needs to know these problems.

I am positive there is more problems, if you see them please post them, thanks.

Not many phones will have problems but the intention of this thread is to list those problems so they might possibly get corrected from paid LG or Google Trolls looking for problems.

Always keep in mind, there are many bugs for this phone, most are assembly issues LG has to work out, and knowledge of threads like this will definitely get the word out to LG and Google and hopefully we will have a better bug-free phone in the future, I work for Foxconn, as a repair technician, I can tell you 90% of the issues are from assembly, it is always human error to account for, the lack of correct way to put it together...

We see a few bugs here, no doubt over a couple of hundred people will see the same problems, but that is very miniscule to how many phones where actually built, that is probably less than 1%, actually way less, but that is good info for them to know.

Today I have personally sent Google Support this information and asked them to forward to somebody who can communicate to LG so we all can get a better product.

What would be good is if more people other than me sent this information to them, they have to know and LG has to know so they can correct these problems.

Actually haven't heard word yet, but I am about to send another until I do see a response or something.

Look at it this way, I want to get the phone, but I don't want a defective phone, I am sure they (Google or LG) don't know many of the problems, the faster they know about the problems, the faster they can resolve the problems. Not harassment, just concerned. If nobody speaks up, how do they know something is wrong?

I only list my employment to Foxconn to basically show that I know something about quality testing before sending product out to customer.

I see just about everybody who has surfed this thread has criticized me for putting up negatives about a phone you don't have problems with, I never intended in asking you anything if you didn't have flaws, I couldn't care 2 sh*ts about you all not having problems, this thread isn't for you, this thread is meant for anybody having problems and to post them, so majority who has criticized this thread is pretty much illiterate for the reason and purpose of this thread.

You not having problems....troll elsewhere, people who are having problems please post them!

Since I cannot close the thread I am just going to make a nuisance of it.

Denis Leary - (Uncensored Version) - YouTube

Freshly_Snipes

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well people have a hard time hearing me with the bumper on. The mic is exposed but it's deep in the bumper so it destroys the sound. So in theory you have to take it off or your calls sounds muffled unless you speak up. I was talking kind of low to my brother and he said it sounded like I was covering my mouth and going in and out. Add soon as I removed the bumper he heard me crystal clear. Also if I actually take the phone from my ear and talk directly in to the mic he can hear me. But he says it's still muffled. Had many people tell me that. Any one else?

Also, any people notice the center of the phone vibrates per spoken word when in a call and the person is talking to you? Like it's on speaker phone but it's not? Volume at normal to mid.

Trying to see if I need to just replace my unit or is this normal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante